HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2010, 09:59 AM
Wichita, Ks
Joined Jun 2005
1,986 Posts
Kerwin: Sounds like your nutz dropped to the ground this weekend.

u2builder: Thanks! It's just a GoPro Hero camera. No special mounts or anything. It's the RC version that's distributed by Traxxas with the wide angle lens. I guess everything is balanced pretty well. My last attempt at a glow plane with a camera resulted in a lot of vibration. This one works much better. I really couldn't tell you the altitude for sure. It looks like 500-1000 feet in the video, but I really doubt it's that high. The camera makes things look either far away or really close. It's almost like being zoomed out on a normal camera. Since we're near an airport, I try to keep it pretty reasonable. Our limit is 350feet and I doubt I broke that by much if any. At least I hope not.

http://www.goprocamera.com/

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWVE1&P=ML

-Eric
rccardude04 is offline Find More Posts by rccardude04
Last edited by rccardude04; Sep 20, 2010 at 10:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:41 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
Ah, thanks for the info. No wonder the pics are so good. I had been thinking some little pen cam type camera but like I say, this is about the best video I have ever seen, and was surprised a pen cam could do it. Now I see it was the real deal. That is a NICE camera.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:47 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
U2, a lot of the guys are using the little key chaim cams with success. They can't compete with those pictures of Erics but they are lightweight, cheap ($12), and do a pretty good job.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:50 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,445 Posts
Key Chain cam on a 111 CC 35% extra
Hanger 9 35% Extra 260 (5 min 24 sec)
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 20, 2010, 01:03 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Cool vid Ron! I liked that one.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 01:20 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Here are some pictures from the other day. My plane is the one with the spinner...and the correctly cut cowl. The other one belongs to a club member and I maidened it for him right before these pictures were taken. There is a big Composit ARF Yak 55/ZDZ210 in the background.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 01:39 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Here are some pictures from the other day. My plane is the one with the spinner...and the correctly cut cowl. The other one belongs to a club member and I maidened it for him right before these pictures were taken. There is a big Composit ARF Yak 55/ZDZ210 in the background.
Twins! and they are pantsless......so where are the Twin fashion models to be on display with them?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 01:41 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,046 Posts
RC Both of the vids were awesome and Definitely a sweet place to fly for sure. That Mach 2 looks like its haulin, I was doing some FPV this past weekend myself trying to target the Kadet lol thanks to my friend who has been hooking us up with it, we have been using my Van for the cockpit station nice and roomy , I'm really liking this whole FPV thing allot.

DOG that is an awesome vid also, I love my keycam Its not too bad at all, however you really notice the difference in the quality of the Keycam from the nice camera my buddy mounts on the plane for FPV, no real vibration lines at all, But those keycams put out a pretty nice vid for $12.00 for sure, Nice flight you had there I thought the quality was actually great all through it

Sweet Pics Plow,,, ooooohhhhh Nice spinner too
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 20, 2010, 01:50 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Twins! and they are pantsless......so where are the Twin fashion models to be on display with them?
HAHA! Those pants have been a topic of much discussion lately! I had them on for a little while but took them off again. They weigh 4.4 ozs! Thats a quarter pound of usless weight to me! I took the pilot out too and will only put him back in if I go to an IMAC contest. I plan to get some CF main gear too. That'll also save a lot of weight. This plane only has a 102" WS and I want to keep the loading down as much as possible.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 03:56 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
DOG that is an awesome vid also, I love my keycam Its not too bad at all, however you really notice the difference in the quality of the Keycam from the nice camera my buddy mounts on the plane for FPV,
No question, 15 gram camera taped to the plane has some movement, the knife edge really shows how much air change across the surface there is.

The GoPro HD is outstanding quality, and that GoPro RC has does a very nice job. Guess I am just too tight to let go of the cash. I wish the GoPro could also do normal camera duties, the wide angle is just not good for everyday use or I would have bought it.

Quote:
HAHA! Those pants have been a topic of much discussion lately! .
The pants did not go back on the plane in the video either, however these hanger 9 pant are like paper thin, not that weight has been an issue on this plane. Who makes your Extra PB?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 04:48 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Ron, it's a cheapie! It's made by Richmodel and I bought it from AK Models. $500.00!!! For that price, it's awesome!

http://ak-models.com/mm5/merchant.mv...ode=GIANTSCALE
Old Sep 20, 2010, 04:54 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,445 Posts
Quote:
Ron, it's a cheapie! It's made by Richmodel and I bought it from AK Models. $500.00!!! For that price, it's awesome!

WOW... That is a very nice deal for that plane!
Old Sep 20, 2010, 05:04 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
WOW... That is a very nice deal for that plane!

They used to sell for $999 at East RC. Also a company called Pacific Planes sold the same plane with a different scheme for $999! We have three currently flying in our club and one that recently met with it's demise (pilot error) after flying well over a year. They are pretty good flyers, canister ready, Ultracoat covering, and come with CF h-stab tube, tail gear, and wing tube. They also have the hidden cowl bolts, which I like. The only drawback is the scheme, although it wouldn't be hard to modify it and make it look a lot better. I don't really care about that. If you get one I would suggest beefing up the maingear a smidge. They got carried away with the lightning holes and didn't leave much wood there. No biggie though.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 05:35 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,827 Posts
I guess it would be pretty dangerous or confussing to fly these at the same time

Quote:
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Sep 20, 2010, 06:18 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:

My 50cc YAK, the cartwheel one, is a Richmodels. The two piece fiberglass gear on mine sucked. I put a one piece Graphtec when I rebuilt it.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia