HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2010, 11:58 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_45 View Post
I will not be sucked back in to helis...

I will not be sucked back in to helis....

I will not.....
Good Luck with that!

I have never done Helis but something like this, I have got to have..
kk quadrocopter - devil inside (2 min 52 sec)
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2010, 01:47 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,699 Posts
Man...is that sick or what?

I like the vid of the one with GPS and flys itself

Plowee....I have the Samsung 72 inch from Sams Club. Going on 5 years old and I had to replace the bulb last year. Bulb was 130 bucks and a simple plug-and-play. Decent picture but it pixellates on scenes that have a lot of darkness and pan quickly (readirates of the carr...). Doesnt do that with HD service now. Ive seen better but it was really cheap (by comparision) and we are pleased with it. NASCAR is like being there

Was at Sams just the other day and the TV's they had there now really WOWed me. Spectacular pics.
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Sep 01, 2010, 03:44 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post

Was at Sams just the other day and the TV's they had there now really WOWed me. Spectacular pics.
Our 15 year old 27 inch went south a few months ago, went to Sams and Bought a Sony or Sanyo, the this has been outstanding. Just got HD service a few weeks ago and the Red Bull Races are Its not a high dollar or huge <37 inch i thing> but it does a nice job.
Old Sep 01, 2010, 04:04 PM
Crazy Pilot-gone insane...
United States, CT, Norwalk
Joined Nov 2009
121 Posts
Successful Maiden!

Hey Guys!

My Twist earned the right to get her stickers put on! 5 good flights today!

She weighs 6.5 pounds. She pulls 1625 watts WOT on a 14x7 prop. You do the math. We radar'd the plane vertically at 37 MPH...from takeoff. Half throttle hovers-3rd flight was a harrier landing. Flew without the hatch, temp was around 90-92 Deg. F today . AWESOME plane with a castle 80 and Turnigy 50-55 SK 580KV. Just INSANE amounts of power. Turns on a dime. Rolls on a dime. There would have to be sexual favors included with the ARF to get any better. Really . Just push the nose down on landing and a 3 point touchdown is inevitable. Will be switching to a 15x5 tomorrow for less speed and better slowing on approach ( clocked the plane Straight and Level at 83 MPH.). Do NOT use an E- prop for this motor- Too much wasted energy. Will post a vid as soon as able.

BTW power comes out to 250 watts per pound
harttvboy is offline Find More Posts by harttvboy
Old Sep 01, 2010, 04:05 PM
Joined Nov 2009
121 Posts
Successful Maiden!

Hey Guys!

She weighs 6.5 pounds. She pulls 1625 watts WOT on a 14x7 prop. You do the math. We radar'd the plane vertically at 37 MPH...from takeoff. Half throttle hovers-3rd flight was a harrier landing. Flew without the hatch, temp was around 90-92 Deg. F today . AWESOME plane with a Castle Pheonix 80 and Turnigy 50-55 SK 580KV. Just INSANE amounts of power. Turns on a dime. Rolls on a dime. There would have to be sexual favors included with the ARF to get any better. Really . Just push the nose down on landing and a 3 point touchdown is inevitable. Will be switching to a 15x5 tomorrow for less speed and better slowing on approach ( clocked the plane Straight and Level at 83 MPH.). Do NOT use an E- prop for this motor- Too much wasted energy. Will post a vid as soon as able.

Old Sep 01, 2010, 04:09 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,412 Posts
I think he is excited

For Wayne
If there is no video...It didn't happen

Is that a Twist 60 you have that on?
Old Sep 01, 2010, 04:58 PM
Joined Nov 2009
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I think he is excited

For Wayne
If there is no video...It didn't happen

Is that a Twist 60 you have that on?
yep Twist 60. The more I think about it, the more I realize how much I am going to LOVE this plane!
Old Sep 01, 2010, 05:29 PM
Joined Jul 2010
172 Posts
Sweet! Yeah, the TT 60 is a fine flyin' airplane.

That quadcopter is seriously messed up! I love it!!!

Plow, the container of Aeroworks profiles is supposed to arrive next week. If you want the free shipping pre-order deal, the time is now.......

I got the 40 size in the yellow scheme.

Oh, in all my whining about stuffing my tt40, I forgot to mention I flew my Yak with the 160fx a couple of times on Saturday. Seriously sweet airplane. I'm going to start IMAC basic next spring and it should be perfect. Too heavy for much 3D, though. I could hover it and TR, but the transition into and out of harrier is just too scary. Once I got it in it harriered ok, but if I did a wall into a hover and didn't hit it hard enough it would snap. I think I'll stick to precision with the Yak.....
Dave_45 is offline Find More Posts by Dave_45
Old Sep 01, 2010, 05:54 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Glad the Electro TT60 worked out.

Yea, no pics, vids....

BTW - I was not the one that started that. It was the rule before I got here.

Dave, not happy about your comments on the YAK. I don't want to go there with the DLE-30 if it will have limitations. Not that I can fly like you anyway.

Pick a TV Plow? I recommend you try to get 1080P, as much contrast as you can (some are like 5,000 while others are 100,000), and look for a high scan rate. Higher scan rates do better with fast motion. I prefer JVC for video and Sony is my second choice. Vizo does well and respectable specifications economically.

I also got a new servo tester. I tried to use it but the power for the power for the servo did not work. I had to redo the regulator. Now I will be able to get through the tesing. It has an accelerometer you attach to the servo for testing. should be interesting.

I ordered a heli yesterday. I had a Trex 450SE with all metal upgrades. I just could not get that excited about it and although I could hover and stuff, I was terrified of crashing it.

Anyway, don't laugh but I orderd this one: funcopter

Yea, it is a Foamy Heli...

funcopter from Multiplex by www.ruberkon.com (3 min 29 sec)
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Sep 01, 2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old Sep 01, 2010, 06:25 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,412 Posts
I am not going o laugh Wayne, that looks like a kopter I could have trouble destroying, unlike some of the others that look very expensive to fix.

I ordered parts to build a tricopter last week, I just love these things.

kk quadrocopter - aggressive flying onboard (3 min 31 sec)
Old Sep 01, 2010, 06:35 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
I like the vid of the one with GPS and flys itself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyYujjP5J-k
Old Sep 01, 2010, 06:43 PM
Joined Jul 2010
172 Posts
that thing seriously creeps me out
Dave_45 is offline Find More Posts by Dave_45
Old Sep 01, 2010, 07:11 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_45 View Post
that thing seriously creeps me out
It's from outer space.

Where are the full-size ones?? Area 51?

Get a load of this autonomous model. Remember the Star Trek episode with the blobs that stuck on the ceilings and then flew off and attached them selved to people?

Aggressive Maneuvers for Autonomous Quadrotor Flight (1 min 27 sec)
Last edited by waynemia; Sep 01, 2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old Sep 01, 2010, 07:29 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I want one of these:

Mosquito XEL demo flights at AirVenture 2008 (2 min 7 sec)
Old Sep 01, 2010, 07:31 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,680 Posts
video
Quote:
Originally Posted by harttvboy View Post
Hey Guys!

She weighs 6.5 pounds. She pulls 1625 watts WOT on a 14x7 prop. You do the math. We radar'd the plane vertically at 37 MPH...from takeoff. Half throttle hovers-3rd flight was a harrier landing. Flew without the hatch, temp was around 90-92 Deg. F today . AWESOME plane with a Castle Pheonix 80 and Turnigy 50-55 SK 580KV. Just INSANE amounts of power. Turns on a dime. Rolls on a dime. There would have to be sexual favors included with the ARF to get any better. Really . Just push the nose down on landing and a 3 point touchdown is inevitable. Will be switching to a 15x5 tomorrow for less speed and better slowing on approach ( clocked the plane Straight and Level at 83 MPH.). Do NOT use an E- prop for this motor- Too much wasted energy. Will post a vid as soon as able.

David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22