HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2010, 04:31 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,941 Posts
I like YS's... once you get them dialed in they stay..
I did find the flooding carb problem... parts on the way...
the fuel pump plunger is teflon, it appears after run oil, softened it and left an indent so it could not seat and shut off the fuel to the carb. (when not running the plunger shut the fuel off to the carb. )... fuel spray when running is caused by the plunger not closing enough.. with the fuel regulator only open less than 1/8 turn will run and idle at 1800r's..

will put it in the air tomorrow...

anyone have a spare YS F120SF or 140 muffler and pipe??
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Last edited by mt_flyer; Aug 27, 2010 at 04:33 PM. Reason: add
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2010, 04:50 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardude04 View Post
PFFT! Please... I've never seen an OS as finicky as every YS I've ever seen... lol

-Eric
Thats because the YS is an OS that someone decided they could improve on by turbo charging. They are powerhouses when tuned and running properly tho.
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Aug 27, 2010, 07:22 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,449 Posts
From a totally off the wall topic, it is Tia's 21st Birthday, she is a FLG for Higher Plane Productions.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=583874

Now for a cultural recovery from where that thread is going, give this a listen, I like this song more without instruments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05ip-...layer_embedded
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Aug 27, 2010, 08:06 PM
Joined Jul 2010
172 Posts
Ya know, I think I'm profiled out. Just tired of how they look. I've had a ton of em and I know they fly great, but now that I've got a couple of twists I'm really preferring the full figured plane....

I get to take my tt40 out tomorrow for its second session. Very excited. Also gonna fly the Aeroworks 120 Yak.
Dave_45 is offline Find More Posts by Dave_45
Old Aug 27, 2010, 08:45 PM
hillsboro Oregon
Joined Jul 2009
256 Posts
Made another few test runs to day and it flew great, you guys were right about the expos being to high, and the cg at 4.75 is good for me. Had a dead tick on the second flight! lol Man this airplane is putting me to the test. Not sure why it deadstick, thinking i had the idle to low and too rich, so i adjusted the lowend a pinch and uped the idle and flew 4 more runs, was able to get the feel for this plane. One thing about it sure flys on rails. Ran threw a few of the basic IMAC maneuvers and it performed well, tried a few 3d moves, it loves to flat spin easily, waterfalls decent, it did not like to knife edge though. It wanted to tuck to the right once i was up into the knifedge but all in all i think i will like this plane after few more runs with it. It definately needs a bigger motor. It will hover at 3/4 throttle with this 40. Its funny
mikeochs is offline Find More Posts by mikeochs
Old Aug 27, 2010, 08:47 PM
hillsboro Oregon
Joined Jul 2009
256 Posts
Dave, wher you fly at. I also have a 140 size Yak with the Dl 30cc, love that motor. I need some new wheel pants for it though, and the company that makes it is out of stock permanently.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 08:58 PM
Joined Jul 2010
172 Posts
Congrats, Mike! Sounds like you made some real progress. I fly in Idaho. Long ways from you. My Yak is the AW 90-120. I have an OS 160 in it. My TT40, of course, has the 61fx. I've had that motor in a lot of planes but this one fits it best. Like it was made for it. The 61 is too heavy for the 40 sized Mojo/Primos. That's 55 AX territory. But I'm bored with those planes anyway. Long live the TT40 with the .61!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 27, 2010, 09:33 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,615 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yesssssssssssss Grasshoppah ------------- It is so

More Converts.

Working on Plowboy's Extra today. Will post some pics of the repair later tonight. Flying tomorrow.
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Aug 27, 2010, 09:45 PM
Joined Jul 2010
172 Posts
I make it down to Portland/Vancouver a few times a year. Some of us should get together sometime and do some flyin'.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 10:39 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeochs View Post
Made another few test runs to day and it flew great, you guys were right about the expos being to high, and the cg at 4.75 is good for me. Had a dead tick on the second flight! lol Man this airplane is putting me to the test. Not sure why it deadstick, thinking i had the idle to low and too rich, so i adjusted the lowend a pinch and uped the idle and flew 4 more runs, was able to get the feel for this plane. One thing about it sure flys on rails. Ran threw a few of the basic IMAC maneuvers and it performed well, tried a few 3d moves, it loves to flat spin easily, waterfalls decent, it did not like to knife edge though. It wanted to tuck to the right once i was up into the knifedge but all in all i think i will like this plane after few more runs with it. It definately needs a bigger motor. It will hover at 3/4 throttle with this 40. Its funny
Try Graphtech You can get some pants there.

Yep, you have to hold your tongue just right to KE. The TT60 is really roll coupled.

So you are not going to trade it for a little helicopter?

Oh, and just like we told Dave, VIDEO! If we don't see it, it didn't happen.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Aug 27, 2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 11:26 PM
hillsboro Oregon
Joined Jul 2009
256 Posts
lol, i dont have anyone to help video and i dont have a video camera and actually i trade a plane tonight for a nice blade 400 3d with some nice aftermarket stuff o i am happy
Old Aug 27, 2010, 11:39 PM
Joined Jul 2010
172 Posts
I mixed most of the coupling out of my TT60. But if you go to full throw you'll still find some in there. Pretty typical of aircraft with a good bit of coupling. At least that' s been my experience. Funny, I can only get two planes in the rig I'm taking tomorrow. With the Yak that means the TT60 stays home. 'gonna miss it....
Old Aug 28, 2010, 12:02 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeochs View Post
Dave, wher you fly at. I also have a 140 size Yak with the Dl 30cc, love that motor. I need some new wheel pants for it though, and the company that makes it is out of stock permanently.

I have some spats from the Peakmodel 1.20 Yak that I had. They are red and I never used them. Like Dave I ran the 1.60. If Bob (NoMatta) doesn't need them for his Peak Yak you are welcome to them. You just have to come T___T with us.

I might be incommunicado for a couple of days guys. Moving day is tomorrow.

Happy flying all!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Aug 28, 2010, 12:48 AM
Wichita, Ks
Joined Jun 2005
1,986 Posts
Sounds fun!

Make sure to take your airplanes yourself. Too many horror stories.

-Eric
rccardude04 is offline Find More Posts by rccardude04
Old Aug 28, 2010, 01:23 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardude04 View Post
Sounds fun!

Make sure to take your airplanes yourself. Too many horror stories.

-Eric

I already did that.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966