SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:42 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
You talkin about yesterday??? ...or the day before???...
last two week have been he^&. I've worked more retired than I did when I did work...
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:52 PM
Joined Jul 2010
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeochs View Post
A 61 omg, thats the motor i got in my edge and your stuffin it in the twist lol, id like to see it fly Anyway i dont know , my cg is at 4 3/4 and my battery is all the way forward. i dont really wanna add weight. The real problem i had was landing it . So 20% on low rates for take offs and landing? Another question, why does it dive so suddenly. For example, I would be on a downline say 20-30 percent and it would just barely touch the stick down a bit more and dive harder. This thing is crazy, i dont know if im going to like this
Still tail heavy. Try putting the batt under the tank. If you have to, with your motor, you may need to add an oz or so of lead. The twist does have a different feel on the elevator, kind of hunting, but tucking on down lines is a sign of being tail heavy. What does it do when you fly it inverted? If it climbs you're tail heavy. If its neutral or you need a bit of forward stick you're good. I want to mention that 4.75 should be fine. I'd try it a bit more forward and work your way back.
Mine's behind 5, and it flies fine.
Dave_45 is offline Find More Posts by Dave_45
Last edited by Dave_45; Aug 25, 2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:53 PM
Montana Transplant
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Quote:
lol that is some funny sh!!t. Well i maidened the twist today and let me tell ya it was a nerve racking 5 minutes. This thing was way tail heavy and real bitch too fly. I have never had such a handfull in all my experience with planes. I manged to get it down with no damage, the os 40 seemed ok but your right a bigger motor would be nice just for the weight. So after a half hour calming my nerves, i rearranged some stuff and moved the battery up all the way aginst the tank and moved the expo's to 60% from 40 and it was still very sensitive. I manged another landing but god i dont know if I like this thing, I mean dam what do you guys have your throws set at and expos because this is crazy. By the way anyone need a 40 OS that would trade me for something bigger.
Twist 40.. YS 53 powered cg 5 1/2" throws maxed at 50-60 degrees...EXPO? who needs expo
Old Aug 25, 2010, 08:23 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,000 Posts
Quote:
A 61 omg, thats the motor i got in my edge and your stuffin it in the twist lol, id like to see it fly Anyway i dont know , my cg is at 4 3/4 and my battery is all the way forward. i dont really wanna add weight. The real problem i had was landing it . So 20% on low rates for take offs and landing? Another question, why does it dive so suddenly. For example, I would be on a downline say 20-30 percent and it would just barely touch the stick down a bit more and dive harder. This thing is crazy, i dont know if im going to like this
61 is THE ONLY motor for the TT40
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Aug 25, 2010, 08:29 PM
hillsboro Oregon
Joined Jul 2009
256 Posts
imsure it is still tail heavy because of the motor not being enough weight. Im
going to ad 2 ounces and see what happens and switch to 6v pack. Actually now that i think about it, it wants to climb when i throttle back. It was sure easy to hover though lol
mikeochs is offline Find More Posts by mikeochs
Old Aug 25, 2010, 08:31 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
61 is THE ONLY motor for the TT40
It also helps that tail heavy problem.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Aug 25, 2010, 09:26 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Hi Mike, we have tons of information on the tips thread : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1032106

You also will probably need to adjust the thrust angle if you did not do that. Go to the tips thread and search for thrust and you should find the information on that. Most of our information is for the V1 but I suspect most of it still applies to the V2.

There is a lot of video on this thread. Use the "Search this Tread" option and search for Youtube or Vimeo. You can also look on the hover thread at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1206492 and the flatspin vid on http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1257462 .

There a lot of engines on the TT40 here. I have a Saito 82 on mine. The 61FX is popular.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Aug 25, 2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 09:29 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
Twist 40.. YS 53 powered cg 5 1/2" throws maxed at 50-60 degrees...EXPO? who needs expo
ME
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Aug 25, 2010, 09:52 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,855 Posts
Try your CG at around 4.25 to start you getting use to this plane you'll be setting it back around 4.75 to beyond 5 once you get the feel for her.
You will love this plane but you are too tail heavy for a nice relaxing flight right now.

Now yes most of us try to get it around 5 or more for the CG we use full deflection on high rates and strap that 61 FX or 55AX on there. these are the settings that let the beast out of the cage but with a 4.25 or even 4.0 with a 40 will tame her right down to a trainer type flyer

Fixxin well said a 61 and no expo will keep you feeling alive

Kerwin That Is just too freakin funny of a story, glad all things worked out well

U2 builder they are usually bolted on like previously mentioned with the blind nuts you can also use landing gear straps like the kind that have the notch in the center for the axel to sit in and screw it to the plywood.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:02 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
ME
Count me in, I got to knock that twitchy out of the center of the sticks
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:08 PM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,245 Posts
Quote:
lol that is some funny sh!!t. Well i maidened the twist today and let me tell ya it was a nerve racking 5 minutes. This thing was way tail heavy and real bitch too fly. I have never had such a handfull in all my experience with planes. I manged to get it down with no damage, the os 40 seemed ok but your right a bigger motor would be nice just for the weight. So after a half hour calming my nerves, i rearranged some stuff and moved the battery up all the way aginst the tank and moved the expo's to 60% from 40 and it was still very sensitive. I manged another landing but god i dont know if I like this thing, I mean dam what do you guys have your throws set at and expos because this is crazy. By the way anyone need a 40 OS that would trade me for something bigger.
Your probably still very tail heavy. I like the inverted flying way to check my CG as mentioned by others but always start with the mfg's reccomended CG first. I would use 20% on the Expo. With high expo your making the problem worse, you only want a little to soften the input near center. Using lots of expo means you end up having alot of sudden throw as you move the sticks out. Have you tried the recommend CG point?
davecrash is offline Find More Posts by davecrash
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:19 PM
Montana Transplant
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
ME
I do use expo
I have 20-30% expo in... just messin with ya!!
too much expo will create problems...

when I slow down to landing speed, the nose comes up just right due to rear CG.... sets up for nice harriers and landing...
flys hands off inverted and normal..
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:25 PM
Montana Transplant
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
D/R...

YS is mounted.. is LS adjustment by the pump?? didn't see a LSN
I think that is how the older one adjusted..
I hopefully will run it tomorrow if I can get home by dark..
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:26 PM
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
282 Posts
Quote:
last two week have been he^&. I've worked more retired than I did when I did work...
Thought you was smarter than that Dan lol
Outlw36 is offline Find More Posts by Outlw36
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:44 PM
Joined Jul 2010
172 Posts
Quote:
I do use expo
I have 20-30% expo in... just messin with ya!!
too much expo will create problems...

when I slow down to landing speed, the nose comes up just right due to rear CG.... sets up for nice harriers and landing...
flys hands off inverted and normal..
I use expo too, and agree too much will cause problems. When I was getting used to my T__T 60 the elevator felt really sensitive and I increased the expo. Just made it worse. I was chasing it all over the sky. I moved the cg forward for awhile and reduced the expo. Sweet flyin' bird. My TT40 has like 20-25% expo on the elevator, maxed out throws and of course the 61fx. (thanks Wayne!) Killer setup!
Dave_45 is offline Find More Posts by Dave_45