SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 20, 2010, 08:57 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,252 Posts
Wow

High winds and HOT weather...Sucker winds, they calm down, sucker you out on the runways, 30 seconds in its a Gale.

Twisted Update.....
Found the binding issue with the elevator late last night. Seems the metal rod between the Elevator halves was rubbing inside the fuse where you cant see. Now that it has been resolved.... Touchy elevator, need to tone it down. Still a bit tail heavy, all hover attempts today ending up being plane in hovering mode traveling rapidly horizontally accross the field is a bloody hurry.

Got some more vids of the Big Extra 260, vimeo seems to be having mood swings. Face is burnt again.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2010, 09:14 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,312 Posts
Face, arms, legs... burnt. I smell like a freakin' Pina Colada over here.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 09:18 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormdriverOne View Post
Face, arms, legs... burnt. I smell like a freakin' Pina Colada over here.
Wearin the Wife Beater Shirt today.... Toasted.

I also changed out the Cavitating APC knock off prop <12X6> for a Wood JXF 12X7, very nice improvment.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:04 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,252 Posts
Vid from Today

Clips from State College Radio Control Club (5 min 43 sec)
Old Jun 21, 2010, 01:17 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Eric, I probably have a stock gear left if you need it.

Ron, nice vid. SMOKE ON!!

SD1, LMAO!

Karate Kid was decent. Good acting, too bad we already knew the story. Has Hollywood run out of ideas?
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Jun 21, 2010, 01:40 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,502 Posts
The only time a longer prop. does not fit a twist 40 is if and when the gear bends on a touch and go or rough landing.

Alow room for clearance of the prop. if you are either to lazy to bend them back.

Prince of persian was not great at all

My twist 40 has the most running hours of all my planes
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 21, 2010, 01:43 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Wanted to see Prince of Persia...guess I'll pass.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Jun 21, 2010, 01:55 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,502 Posts
I am really eager to make a video with the twist 40.
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 21, 2010, 02:05 AM
Wichita, Ks
Joined Jun 2005
1,986 Posts
Plowboy, I think I'll just try my repair. If it doesnt hold I'll order a new graph tech set. I really like the stance plus it's gotta be lighter than the factory aluminum lol

Thanks though! I can always count on y'all to get my back if necessary

-Eric
rccardude04 is offline Find More Posts by rccardude04
Old Jun 21, 2010, 03:36 AM
Washougal, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
Temperature

Got all the way up to 54.5 degrees here yesterday!
balsabuster2004 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuster2004
Old Jun 21, 2010, 08:18 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,901 Posts
First and formost A Big Congrats to the Snowman I now have a few minutes for a proper congrats !!! So glad to hear that and it was cool to be there and watch you go through all that misery,,,opcorn : not that it was cool for your misery but it was cool to see you tackle your goal head on and end with success. so kudo's to you for all your efforts, I'm sure your family is quite proud as I know we all are too.
Now with that being said, were you able to get out there and knock that rust off? and if not ghet your Arse on out there. and lets see some real Snowman Ho-down action soon.

Very hot here also, did some flying Saturday no T_ _ _ T action though as that plane is still on the table I almost had her done but once again time was against me. but she'll be ready for this weekend for sure.

I now have the Tweplica front end and an old t_ _ _ t tail section, and either the Tweplica wing or Bwipe and twipe will be out there this weekend.
Of course the OS 61 is the horse.

So I guess this plane will be the TwistEplicaTwipe

RC OS 70 4 stroke and 14x4 prop never gave me any problems on the stock gear.

DOG Sweet looking plane and nice vid

Loved the Phantom taxi test also lol I wanted to see her scream into the air.

SD1 I hope there is Ice on that colada

Balsa lol I think I like that temp better though

David The 40 Vid will be awesome I'm sure

Plow I hope Hollywood hasn't run out of Ideas, maybe we should give them a call and tell them about all of us so they can do a Twistaholic Movie.
They could film in each of our hometowns, Or have us all meet, which could be quite dangerous lol Now how cool would that be LOL
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Jun 21, 2010, 09:41 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Plow I hope Hollywood hasn't run out of Ideas, maybe we should give them a call and tell them about all of us so they can do a Twistaholic Movie.
They could film in each of our hometowns, Or have us all meet, which could be quite dangerous lol Now how cool would that be LOL
RC Reality TV? That would have too close of ties to talk shows like Jerry Springer. Springer filmed in my neighborhood in my home town once, I have no urge to move back, but I digress.....

Yes.... They have ran out of things to write, they butcher books, make movies from cartoons, and there is the Reality thing. They made "Speed Racer" into a movie, that was the point I gave up.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 01:31 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I have acquired a H-9 Extra 260 with a DA-100 and a Wild Hare 50cc Sukhoi with a 3MM 53CC. I am planning to sell these. I don't have the full descriptions or photos yet. If you think you would be interested, let me know. I will give the Twisters first shot.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Jun 21, 2010, 03:26 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,901 Posts
DOG LOL I hear ya there only if they did a T_ _ _ Taholics movie and knowing our cast of characters I'm sure it would come off as a fictional comedy and not even close to a reality type, as nothing can be as further from reality as this group gets.

Wayne I want to aquire your aquirings, how do you get so many great deals, I mean I've had about 3 great deals since I started 40 years ago and those 3 deals were in the last 2 years lol
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Jun 21, 2010, 04:26 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
DOG LOL I hear ya there only if they did a T_ _ _ Taholics movie and knowing our cast of characters I'm sure it would come off as a fictional comedy and not even close to a reality type, as nothing can be as further from reality as this group gets.

Wayne I want to aquire your aquirings, how do you get so many great deals, I mean I've had about 3 great deals since I started 40 years ago and those 3 deals were in the last 2 years lol
I seem to remember someone GIVING you a plane not too long ago? No one gives me anything. I had a guy say he was going to give me something but he never did. I mostly do the giving.

I think I got these at a price I can make a little bit I hope. I got a 5x10 trailer to haul them in too.

Good price to come hookup and take them with you. Including a Futaba 7C 2.4 tx, both planes already setup in it and an extra 617 receiver.

Instant giant scale.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Jun 21, 2010 at 04:40 PM.