HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:51 PM
RC = Drama Free
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
The canopy came out pretty well. There is really not a play by play other than what I already described... had a deadstick with the nose pointed up with no speed. Only 30-40' high. There wasn't enough room to get the nose up and gliding. It looked like a duck that got shot out of the sky lol. Brigg gave me some encouraging words and some ideas on how to repair it... I think it will just be a while before I get started. In the meantime I want to get something else
The Stringers in the Fuse make it so easy to repair, its just a a bit of covering to do since the stringers run from LG to tail. Its very easy, the sheeting takes time to get smooth.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:55 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,461 Posts
We're you in a harrier when she died. Is she just broke behind the canopy.
I know the feelings your going through and it can be quite heart wrenching. Still she was giving you and us so much joy when you were flying her.
I can only hope you get her back together. It doesn't look like it wood take much to repair.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:56 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
Bummer Nate. Sorry to hear about the Slick.

Snowman, nice stage prop. I'm glad it was such a success.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:00 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,461 Posts
I'm wondering if you just couldn't super glue it back together and put like 4 carbon fiber tubes like arrow shafts along side the broken stringers. A little tape and your back in the air.
An hour repair at the most. Yeah it may not look the best on the ground but you'll never see it in the air.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:00 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
We're you in a harrier when she died. Is she just broke behind the canopy.
I know the feelings your going through and it can be quite heart wrenching. Still she was giving you and us so much joy when you were flying her.
I can only hope you get her back together. It doesn't look like it wood take much to repair.
I was coming flat with low power and went vertical then she died before I started adding power.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:25 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,128 Posts
Hey guys been busy all day, just checking in now.
Nate, really sorry to hear about your deadstick...sounds exactly (and the results look exactly) like what happened to my Twist 60 two summers ago.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:43 PM
RC = Drama Free
Joined Dec 2007
11,657 Posts
3 inches of snow today, Monday another 2-4... IT MUST END soon
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:07 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,439 Posts
It never ends!!!!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:09 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,635 Posts
Man I posted that little clip of my slick and some kid makes the jump to... the DLE 35 must not be any good... didn't even ask any questions... man that kind of BS makes me not want to share anything on forums. You just don't know how someone is going to use information you put up and what kind of negative spin they might put on it. Oh well... At least none of my twisted brothers would do that ya'll have more discretion than that
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Mar 17, 2013, 07:03 AM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
Yesterday was sunny and warm ,wind was out of NW then W then SW then N then SW at 15 to 25. I flew one time in the morning and broke a prop on landing short of runway. The wind dropped to 10 to 15 from SW in the afternoon and got in a few good flights .

Nate sorry to see your plane bent like that but as Woldo would and probably will say only a flesh wound.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
Old Mar 17, 2013, 07:48 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,461 Posts
Quote:
Man I posted that little clip of my slick and some kid makes the jump to... the DLE 35 must not be any good... didn't even ask any questions... man that kind of BS makes me not want to share anything on forums. You just don't know how someone is going to use information you put up and what kind of negative spin they might put on it. Oh well... At least none of my twisted brothers would do that ya'll have more discretion than that
Nate just who was that?
Well we had a teaser Friday with the warm nice weather and all. Now it's cold again and we're not going to see the 60's again for awhile.
Last winter we were so spoiled, as we had a lot of flying days. This winter we haven't had much flying going on. Heck I've even forgot what K49 looks like.
BTW happy st patty's day. Be sure to where green if you don't wanna get pinched.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 08:25 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,439 Posts
Happy belated St. Urho's Day!

Thanks Chris!

Happy st. Patricks Day!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Mar 17, 2013, 08:32 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
We had so many of them things we were throwing them away at one point. Now.... Find a new laptop that has a serial port, that is even harder.
I had to buy a usb to 232 device. It works well. It is a 6' cable also. I like it better than the ones that are a dongle.

I don't know why the astronomy crowd is still using 232. I don't know that they are using RS-232 signals but they are using db-9 connectors. I have a hand controller/computer on my telescope mount. It has a coiled cord and connects to the mount with db-9. I want to make the cord a little longer so I need the M/F 232 cord. At least they are not still using the big connectors.

Last night, I had wind and clouds so all I could do is work on learning more about the scope. Even with bad conditions, I could still see the clouds on Jupiter and four moons. It is always amazing.
waynemia is online now Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Mar 17, 2013, 08:47 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,461 Posts
Wayne did you get any pics of pan starr.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:57 AM
RC = Drama Free
Joined Dec 2007
11,657 Posts
Quote:
I seen that post. Fact is I have seen glow and even electrics stall like that, so you can't blame a brand or even a specific size of brand for anything like this.