SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:27 AM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
K50 Your up early. I am up because my dog can't read a clock, she thinks that if I move in the morning, it's time to get out of bed.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:29 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaser View Post
Well now, todays a day of surprises I guess. I've seen these two dials next to the servo reverse switches but never really knew what they did. I was always under the impression they were for servo travel, and in a way I guess I'm right. They're the adjustment dials for the dual rates according to the manual I found online. My radio just doesn't have the switch to turn it on/off. Guess I can glue a mini screwdriver on them to turn it of during takeoffs and landings.
Well... For the Trainer, dual rates is not a requirement. I have a 6 channel Futaba Transmitter that has dual rate switch for Ail and Ele, FM 28. This could be yours for the price of Shipping. I however would hold out for something in a computer radio. 2.4, 7cap or DX7, used they are affordable and it gets you into something with expo and such.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Feb 26, 2013, 06:33 AM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Well... For the Trainer, dual rates is not a requirement. I have a 6 channel Futaba Transmitter that has dual rate switch for Ail and Ele, FM 28. This could be yours for the price of Shipping. I however would hold out for something in a computer radio. 2.4, 7cap or DX7, used they are affordable and it gets you into something with expo and such.
I missed a heck of a deal yesterday in the classifieds.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1840018

Im just in search for an upgrade for the tribute. Like you say, Id like to go 2.4. The radio I have has a plug on the top left where a switch could be placed, so for now, I may look into trying to add one to get it switchable. Either that, or I may look into getting a battery for my old Futaba Conquest. Its from back in the late 80's I think, but its never been used. Anyone have any suggestions against that? A guy told me the other day that the capacitors would go bad after about 15 years.
abaser is online now Find More Posts by abaser
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:03 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaser View Post
A guy told me the other day that the capacitors would go bad after about 15 years.

I have a power supply that is 35 years old and it still works. Once upon a time there were paper capacitors. This is really a long time ago in the vacuum tube days. Those would fail after a while. I have not seen anything like that in modern capacitors. I have four of five 4 channel tx/rx 72MHz radios, including a Conquest. They all work. You can power it up and do a good range check.

I would be cautious about thinking you can add a switch to turn the expo on/off. Those are probably resistors and and shorting or opening them would likely not be a good idea.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:26 AM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,693 Posts
Gotcha. Hopefully, last question for a while. My conquest doesn't have a wall charger. The one from my other radios fit it well. Same type of batteries, but should that charger that I have work ok?
abaser is online now Find More Posts by abaser
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:28 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Sorry guys but unless I missed something neither of those antennas SAY for a 6exP they say 6ex and 6exa as the closest ill check them out some more tomorrow I just haven't seen one antenna say ThIS IS for the 6EXP unless the 6EX is compatitble
I actually have a 6exap. The back of the manual lists the ANT-5 as the replacement.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:33 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
From my Omega fuel label:

Anti-foamer
Wetting agent
Film strength additive
Anti-oxidants
Igniters
Detergents
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:55 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,551 Posts
well guys the blizzard is here in full force...looks like we'lll get about 6 inches today; nothing like they got in the central plains, but it sure is snowing heavily right now!
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:27 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Tower I had a severe case of insomia. I watched the storm come in and read up on a couple of heli's and the easy star theeasy star 2, and the goldwing 68 inch yak.
All this reading has caused me to do alot of rethinking and decisions.
Decisions, decisions decisions.
I really should of bought the Blade msrx instead of the v911. Not only would I be flying that heli right now but I would have one that can handle much more wind.
I also really want an easy star 2 so I can play with Dan an and Dan
I also really need to buy parts for my 68 inch yak. But before that I need to make a decision on the power plant. I found a ST 3000 for 40 bucks, or should I buy a gasser. Yes momma says I can have another gasser. Or should I go leccy on on it. O yeah and buy K49's .50 red MX
Now if all these decisions are not enogh I want to start a build on a motorized bicycle.
All this and the worst thing is I'm po very po. I had K49's money I could throw my money away.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:05 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,089 Posts
My eme 35 order fell apart so I am back in the market for an engine for my 70 slick. I'm contemplating the new DLE35ra. Anyone have experience with them?
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:30 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Nate I don't think you can go wrong on the DLE 35 or the 30
I thought about getting one from tower on the easy pay plan from but I'm still out on that. Only because I could put that money else where.
K49 you want to buy Nate and I a DLE 35
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:35 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
BTW where o where is Waldo
Waldo please come home
Old Feb 26, 2013, 02:01 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,089 Posts
I was just wondering where Plowboy got off to...
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Feb 26, 2013, 02:12 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
K50 you sound like me , always want and need more than I have money to get. Well at least my servos are on the way back. Maybe get the Big Stik going, still need to get kill switch.

Nate get the DLE I don't think you will regret it.

The thing I need most I all ready have, I just want .more
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
Last edited by tower flyer; Feb 26, 2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:44 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,551 Posts
this continues to be one of my favorite web sites: http://hint.fm/wind/
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick