HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:18 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
DOG I don't belong to facebook and I was able to look at all those photos. I really love the one when 3DHS was doing the radio demo and the plane's wing is toughing the ground.
Thanks for checking that for me, being a fan site I didnt think people had to be a member to see them. Yeah, Arron drags them tips and bits on the ground all the time, entertaining and it isn't mine.

Good pull on that pickup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerwin49 View Post
Kerwin50, your avaitar looks scary!
He is a man of many avatar faces, not all can be warm and fuzzy.

One of our club members got his DV8R Jet pic and vids posted on the MFG's Web Site while we were at the WRAM show.
https://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/TBMDV8R.html
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:18 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,451 Posts
Now you at least get a small sampling of what I live with 9 months out of the year.
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:11 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,761 Posts
I get home today to find my last package from tower hobby finally came in. Servos for my trainer, and a few extensions. I open the box and see a pile of servos and I'm thinking that I only ordered 4. I counted 9. So,I did some checking into things and turns out I doubled my servo order somehow. That still only comes or to 8. Guess I got a freeby somehow. Oh well, now I can replace my old servos on the tribute with new ones.
abaser is online now Find More Posts by abaser
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:25 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,500 Posts
Hmm... I always seem to have the opposite results on orders.... Good Deal, no doubt.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:48 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,761 Posts
It sucks that I'm paying double what I wanted to, but I do feel better knowing I'll have good equipment on my model. Its worth the extra I guess.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:04 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,500 Posts
Lets see a Leccy version of the Saber 47, Mike is fairly handy with it.

GoPro Narrow View Flying (3 min 37 sec)
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:30 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,209 Posts
I got to fly too . I got 8 flights in on my 51 slick. All super sweet. The breezes picked up pretty good on my 4th flight and was real bumpy on my landing approach. Caught the wind just wrong enough to have the plane smack down hard and cracked the cf gear  I also managed to break the motor mount coming out of a hard crank shaft. Then my car battery was dead from charging so I jumped it with a 4s 3000. Overall a really fun evening 
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:43 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I got to fly too . I got 8 flights in on my 51 slick. All super sweet. The breezes picked up pretty good on my 4th flight and was real bumpy on my landing approach. Caught the wind just wrong enough to have the plane smack down hard and cracked the cf gear  I also managed to break the motor mount coming out of a hard crank shaft. Then my car battery was dead from charging so I jumped it with a 4s 3000. Overall a really fun evening 
Well... This hobby has its ups and downs.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:36 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,476 Posts
Hang on tight guys, looks like this one is going to be messy. I managed to get about in my "Abominable Snow Van" the last round, but this one seems a bit stronger. I'm ready for spring. Kerwin, I say we work on a fly-in. I'll bring the BB-Q. Maybe if we can get organized we can have a "Midwest Twist-ers Fly-In" I'm getting real stir crazy at this point.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:46 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
Hang on tight guys, looks like this one is going to be messy. I managed to get about in my "Abominable Snow Van" the last round, but this one seems a bit stronger. I'm ready for spring. Kerwin, I say we work on a fly-in. I'll bring the BB-Q. Maybe if we can get organized we can have a "Midwest Twist-ers Fly-In" I'm getting real stir crazy at this point.
Just looked at the maps... that thing is stalled and spinning on top of you all... Please dont send it here.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:20 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
wookster we can always get together for some snow flying or micro heli flying
Here's a video of my buddy flying sunday
Balsa Stik on Skis 2 24 13 (3 min 46 sec)
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:21 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Radian Early Morn 2 24 13 (4 min 42 sec)
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:50 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,761 Posts
Well now, todays a day of surprises I guess. I've seen these two dials next to the servo reverse switches but never really knew what they did. I was always under the impression they were for servo travel, and in a way I guess I'm right. They're the adjustment dials for the dual rates according to the manual I found online. My radio just doesn't have the switch to turn it on/off. Guess I can glue a mini screwdriver on them to turn it of during takeoffs and landings.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:26 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
wookster we can always get together for some snow flying or micro heli flying
Here's a video of my buddy flying sunday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chfuoBPGtGY
I don't have many snow capable craft. As far as indoor I am a micro addict. Lets keep an eye on events this year. I'm sure there are several we can make. I have no doubt we will be flying together soon.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Feb 26, 2013, 02:38 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Well wookster there are times when some of us just get together and fly the mirco helis in a friends building. Maybe you can come up some time.