HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:19 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,727 Posts
Well, you guys know much more than I do about this stuff. I'll change things out tomorrow. Sounds like my concerns of it falling off may be me over thinking things again.
abaser is online now Find More Posts by abaser
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:32 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaser View Post
Well, you guys know much more than I do about this stuff. I'll change things out tomorrow. Sounds like my concerns of it falling off may be me over thinking things again.
Well... we have all made those trips to the field and didnt get to fly due to little things. We can't help but to share and act like they never happened to us.

Wayne... Anti foaming agent? I had no idea there was such a thing, makes sense though to have it in some applications.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:39 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
The tank should have some recesses so it can't slide forward or back? If not, you can put an eye screw in both ends to keep it from sliding. It should stay put though. We used to tie them on with rubber bands but you had to replace them periodically like wing bands.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:43 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Well... we have all made those trips to the field and didnt get to fly due to little things. We can't help but to share and act like they never happened to us.

Wayne... Anti foaming agent? I had no idea there was such a thing, makes sense though to have it in some applications.
I don't see that on their website now Ron. I will have to look at my fuel tomorrow. It used to say don't use afterrun either.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:44 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,727 Posts
Recesses it has. This discussion leads me to ask this. My tower trainer has a plywood former that the tank fits extremely tightly in. Does this mean I need to enlarge that former opening? That tank is much tighter than my tribute is.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:52 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Recesses it has. This discussion leads me to ask this. My tower trainer has a plywood former that the tank fits extremely tightly in. Does this mean I need to enlarge that former opening? That tank is much tighter than my tribute is.
A majority of the model makers are not leaving room for padding the tank anymore. I speculate that too many people were not properly bracing the tank and a loose tank is worse than having the tank properly secured. A few have a nylon "U" that goes around the inside of the former but many don't. I would personally not try to modify it by cutting out the former. You may just wind up weakening the airframe.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:59 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,727 Posts
Gotcha. Thanks again for all the tips.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:14 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,727 Posts
Hey Tower, I was checking out the website for your field and noticed the list of hobby shops. Hobbytown on Markham closed down. Is there another one somewhere? That one was real convenient for me to hit, as I'm usually on that side of little rock, but Mark's is also a good shop.
Last edited by abaser; Feb 24, 2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:02 AM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
Hobby Town has moved to the new shopping center off I-430. Mark's is where I go.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:12 AM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,727 Posts
Oh, ok. I wasn't aware of the move. And likewise, I prefer Marks, but Hobbytown had the convenience advantage.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:49 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,691 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
I gotta say, you guys are great! After a cycle of my furnace with my motor setting in the vent, and about 10 drops of my wifes cooking oil, my engine is free once again. Tomorrow, I battle my motor issue. Although I see your points about using prop nuts, those spinners sure make it easy to put that electric starter up front and fire it up. Last time I tried starting one manually, I wound up with a couple busted knuckles. I got lucky I guess.
That overthinkingit thing?

Note....when you fire it up it will melt all the crapo inside and will be spittin black and brown stuff for a bit....no worries, its all old castor (which is what saved your engine while in storage )
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:29 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
That overthinkingit thing?

Note....when you fire it up it will melt all the crapo inside and will be spittin black and brown stuff for a bit....no worries, its all old castor (which is what saved your engine while in storage )
Yup, Yup, Yup, looks like rust to me. Keep it on the rich side for a bit - extra lube.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:51 AM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,727 Posts
I was expecting some nasty "crapo"at first, but thanks for confirming it for me.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:13 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
DOG I don't belong to facebook and I was able to look at all those photos. I really love the one when 3DHS was doing the radio demo and the plane's wing is toughing the ground.
Big snow on the way K49 you better make tracks home. It's all courtsey of wayne.
I'm not complaining a bit. Thanks Wayne.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:53 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
DOG I don't belong to facebook and I was able to look at all those photos. I really love the one when 3DHS was doing the radio demo and the plane's wing is toughing the ground.
Big snow on the way K49 you better make tracks home. It's all courtsey of wayne.
I'm not complaining a bit. Thanks Wayne.
It is in the panhandle. We only have some wind.