Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:59 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,949 Posts
Wayne, I wish! The Ovation guitar I bought isn't good enough for her and now she desires better......so she's saving.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:03 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,576 Posts
I gotta say, you guys are great! After a cycle of my furnace with my motor setting in the vent, and about 10 drops of my wifes cooking oil, my engine is free once again. Tomorrow, I battle my motor issue. Although I see your points about using prop nuts, those spinners sure make it easy to put that electric starter up front and fire it up. Last time I tried starting one manually, I wound up with a couple busted knuckles. I got lucky I guess.
abaser is offline Find More Posts by abaser
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:13 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Sorry, DOG.........even though I'm so very proud of my daughter......I've made it a practice not to put pictures (videos included) of my children on the web.....call me over cautious, but having worked in Child Protective Services.......I don't want any past clients or their families taking their revenge out on my kids in an attempt to get back at me. I'm sure you understand.
Good Point Snowy... I get that.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:27 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaser View Post
ha ha ha
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:30 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,369 Posts
Quote:
Congrats on her win!

I managed to wedge myself off the couch during a commercial to snap these with my phone. It shows what I'm dealing with.
chop chop...

chopping off 1/4" or so from the front of that plane shouldn't affect the cg
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:34 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,500 Posts
congrats Snowy, your a very lucky man. Your girls are so talented. My wife and I so enjoyed your other daughter playing the piano for us that one night. Your wife is also very talented.
I've used 5 minute eboxy on the green machine But I trial fitted it several times before appling the epoxy because there is very little time for alignment.
I did the samething on my twist as well
kerwin50 is online now Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:48 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,873 Posts
Hey guys... sorry I have been pretty scarce the last little bit... between the fly in my family and working on this vinyl I haven't had a chance to read everything that has been posted the past few days.

Here is the fruit of my labor for the weekend. Big thanks go to my buddy Brigg who did the design work and took a lot of his valuable time helping me apply these this weekend as well.

We had a unique challenge... the red canopy... The blue ones are all long gone so I had to get a red one. I think it ties together pretty well now.

We learned a lot doing this and had a great time doing it . His vinyl printer/cutter is amazing. All of these graphics were printed on plain white vinyl. Brigg would love more jobs printing for airplanes. He doesn do much with the forums so hit me up if you need anything printed like this. It can do spot colors as well as cmyk.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:40 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
I gotta say, you guys are great! After a cycle of my furnace with my motor setting in the vent, and about 10 drops of my wifes cooking oil, my engine is free once again. Tomorrow, I battle my motor issue. Although I see your points about using prop nuts, those spinners sure make it easy to put that electric starter up front and fire it up. Last time I tried starting one manually, I wound up with a couple busted knuckles. I got lucky I guess.
With a spinner nut, just turn that rubber cup around and it fits fine for an electric starter. I use a starter stick most of the time.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Feb 24, 2013, 09:04 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,460 Posts
Congrats
Snowman
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 24, 2013, 09:53 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,500 Posts
Well they are saying 6 to 10 inches of snow tomorrow. I guess this is what we need.
Maybe I'll put some ski's on the tigermoth 400. I also should make some skis or floats for the little TM and go play in the snow.
Stay warm my friends stay warm.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:09 AM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,576 Posts
Got started on the tower trainer this morning. This is my first build, and things are going smooth, but I never realized just how precise these things are. I've gained a tremendous about of respect for those of you that Kit build. Progress had to stop though since I'm at the point whet its time to use the 30 minute epoxy that I don't have.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:27 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,500 Posts
Have you though about using elmers wood glue
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:33 AM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Have you though about using elmers wood glue
Ummmmmm.............would that work? I'm in the flooring business, and we by similar stuff by the gallons. Makes elmers look like child's play.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:45 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,500 Posts
O yes it will work. I was using wood glue back in the 60's
I have a sig astro hog from back in 1970's that my dad built using elmers wood glue.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:48 AM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,576 Posts
Nice!! Thanks for the heads up.