SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:12 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,688 Posts
I may just have both of those on hand. After spending an hour and a half running around town looking for 30 minute epoxy fire my tail fins, I may just go against the instructions and use 5 minute instead........unless there its a specific reason for the extra time.
abaser is online now Find More Posts by abaser
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:13 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaser View Post
I'm currently in search of a descent, cheap radio system. I'm keeping an eye on the classifieds, and I figure some of you do too, so if you run across a good deal, let me know. I'm wanting to stay at or under $100 for now, preferably 72mhz, and something with dual rates. I'm open to frequency since crystals are pretty easy to come by. If by chance a 2.4 system pops up in my budget range that can handle 2 models (enough receivers and such), I'd be open to that as well.
Which type of radio system are you using or do you prefer?
I have an Airtronics Vanguard 4ch dual rate system with an RX that I will GIVE you for shipping costs. It still works great for me, but I don't use it since I went to 2.4ghz.
FYI, You can get a brand new Airtronics SD-6G 2.4ghz radio with a 6ch rx for $160.
http://www.airtronics.net/index.php/...o-w-rx600.html
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:41 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,289 Posts
Well, it's Saturday.........it's still snowing.......the winds are still up........and I'm still shack happy! If I was as good a man as either Waldo or Wayne, I'd be building or improving something, but after having to rebuild parts for both snowblowers lately....I've lost interest in even entering the shop! I could go and shovel the roofs, but that just sounds like too much work.......and besides, that's why I have homeowner's insurance! I quit drinking alcohol and there's nothing on T.V.! MA! I'M BORED.........WHAT'S THERE TO DO?????!!!!!

*I forgot......she's dead.........* *black cloud hanging ominously overhead*
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Last edited by snowman; Feb 23, 2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:18 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Which type of radio system are you using or do you prefer?
I have an Airtronics Vanguard 4ch dual rate system with an RX that I will GIVE you for shipping costs. It still works great for me, but I don't use it since I went to 2.4ghz.
FYI, You can get a brand new Airtronics SD-6G 2.4ghz radio with a 6ch rx for $160.
http://www.airtronics.net/index.php/...o-w-rx600.html
Thanks!! I have tower hobby radios with Futaba receivers. I'm not picky on what I use as long as it gets the job done. If you can find out how much shipping is, let me know and we'll go from there.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:50 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Well, it's Saturday.........it's still snowing.......the winds are still up........and I'm still shack happy! If I was as good a man as either Waldo or Wayne, I'd be building or improving something, but after having to rebuild parts for both snowblowers lately....I've lost interest in even entering the shop! I could go and shovel the roofs, but that just sounds like too much work.......and besides, that's why I have homeowner's insurance! I quit drinking alcohol and there's nothing on T.V.! MA! I'M BORED.........WHAT'S THERE TO DO?????!!!!!

*I forgot......she's dead.........* *black cloud hanging ominously overhead*
I've been having a blast flying multiplayer RealFlight 6.5 with a buddy...
what fun!

In an hour or so, my son is playing at the local theatre in a "Percussion Night" program..should be fun...it's sold out!
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:56 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Snowy now's the time to get that other tigermoth together.
Do it on the dinning room table.
If I was there I'd keep you busy.
We could build airboats and chase the snowmobilers.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:22 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
I'm currently in search of a descent, cheap radio system. I'm keeping an eye on the classifieds, and I figure some of you do too, so if you run across a good deal, let me know. I'm wanting to stay at or under $100 for now, preferably 72mhz, and something with dual rates. I'm open to frequency since crystals are pretty easy to come by. If by chance a 2.4 system pops up in my budget range that can handle 2 models (enough receivers and such), I'd be open to that as well.
I have a nearly new T6EX. I am not sure what else is in there. I will let you know.

Quote:
I may just have both of those on hand. After spending an hour and a half running around town looking for 30 minute epoxy fire my tail fins, I may just go against the instructions and use 5 minute instead........unless there its a specific reason for the extra time.
30 min epoxy gives you time to get everything were it should be and soak into the wood some. I would not use 5 if it calls for 30. You should be able to find it at lowes or home depot.

Soak the carb down with WD-40 or penetrating oil. Use some transmission fluid in the crank after you take the carb off and the plug out. Use a heat gun or propane torch and heat it up some and keep working it until it gets free. Avoid heat where the o-rings are.

Great fly day here. Minimal winds but a bit cool. We had FireFly wars. I maidened the Rad 800. It is at least a 90mph plane. Pretty nice for a low-cosr plane. (It is like a shrunk Fun Jet). I flew the Mother ship. One flight about 30 min. I got the Kadet out but the stopper is leaking. I flew the Mini-swift. Two flights on the 50cc Extra. Pretty nice flights today. The flat spins are really slow. It wants to fly out if I add power. Something to work on. Smoke system is working well. I am about ready to put it on a switch and leave it there. (On a slider right now.) I did a couple of knife edge spins. Pretty nice rotations there. Nice, flat rudder turns upright or inverted. Knife edge is really easy, no bad habits. Still breaking in the engine but the DLE is more than enough on this plane. I will put the wheel panties back on now and put some grease on the axles. The wheels are squeaky on landing. I flew with the SFGs today. It flew OK but I can't tell you what effect they had. I would have to fly some stuff without them and them put them on to compare. I am going to put the Xoar 3Da prop on.

Nope, no pics or video today.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:26 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,289 Posts
Turns out my daughter is at the local theater too.........talent show.........so I DO have something to do tonight!!!! Thanks Kerwin, but another moth would be too much of a choice........they are so slowww and eassyy flying!!!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:44 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,688 Posts
Thanks for the tips Wayne.

Just for kicks, here's a progress shot of the tribute. All that's left is the engine, tank, and some radio gear.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:50 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
That looks like a profile twist. She oughta great.
Snowy the weather says your gonna have less than 5 MPH winds tomorrow. You think maybe we can have some videos please?
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:53 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Spiffy
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:58 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,688 Posts
I hope you're right. I run into my first obstacle on it though. It calls for a .36, but I'm running a .40 on it. The motor mount won't allow that because the spinner won't clear the front of the fuse. Looks like its time to break it the fennel and router attachment.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:04 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,637 Posts
Quote:
Whats the best way to loosen this thing up?
Hairdryer/heatgun

Plane looks good!
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:19 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
I hope you're right. I run into my first obstacle on it though. It calls for a .36, but I'm running a .40 on it. The motor mount won't allow that because the spinner won't clear the front of the fuse. Looks like its time to break it the fennel and router attachment.
Make sure you check the cg before you start making modifications. You may be OK with the engine moved forward on the mount.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:24 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
Hairdryer/heatgun

Plane looks good!
Heat.......got it.

To much?