Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:40 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
You want a drop shadow or a edge?

There should be some text options for that. Look for shading/shadow in the text options.

Do you have art or just trying some text? I can look in AI and PS and send some files in the morning if I knew what might help.
We have all the art work done... just trying to make it stand out. The machine is printing on clear vinyl and the plane is blue. In order to make the print stand out it needs to have white behind it. But it should ONLY be where there is already going to be color. I think we may have it figured out though... stay tuned
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:25 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,186 Posts
Whoa.......something's different here at RCG!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:58 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,494 Posts
looks like they updated their style a bit...nothing really major...perhaps a new font...different header...

You getting any snow up their in the UP?

Our snow was kind of a non-event...3 or 4 inches...not enough to even care about.
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:19 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,186 Posts
The normal stuff.........3-6 inches a day.....really light powder.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:24 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tower flyer View Post
It almost like a Santa came.
I think its exactly like Santa came LOL cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerwin49 View Post
I'm staying the night at work, roads are terrible!
Baconburger for the Green Machine?? Deal!
Wow staying at work I would try for home no matter what the conditions as I don't want to be at my job ever LOL yup I'd even risk death LOL And AWESOME !!! I'll start cooking the bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Any corel draw experts here? We are trying to figure out how to print a white underbase for my vinyl.
Never used Corel before, Is it possible to Take a Pic of the finished lettering or design then blow it up in size on the computer, Print it out to the larger size then trace it onto some kind of covering like ultra cote or solartex then just iron it on to the vinyl so when you place your actual design over it, it will be smaller and giving you the desired look behind it. or does it need to be vinyl also? did I explain that right lol you know what I mean? Kind of like how I did the lettering on the Tweplica make a template then trace it onto your covering and cut it out with an x-axto In your case yo want the back ground to be larger then the actual design but this is a very simple way to achieve a perfect result. You might already have your solution by now lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerwin49 View Post
Are the quads hard to fly, I tired on a friends sim and it was tuff.
I don't think they are I know people who have never flown anything and picked them right up and did just fine. especially the ones you fly with your phone or I-pad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
O now I feel really guilty shane.
Ok guys here's a video of K49 buzzing the pits with his easy star at dusk
I thought he was going to poke me in the eye
LOL Great Vid I thought he was trying to knock your hat off on a few of those passes
And that ez star looks great with the lights K49 very cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Ok this is kinda funny...only the roads marked in pink are dangerous to travel:
thats very funny LOLOL well to look at that anyway I'm sure trying to navigate on it isn't as funny

DOG great vid of the Spike show looks like a blast

were on vacation all next week we might stay at our timeshare a night or 2 which is 20 minutes from our house LOL Our dog has growm some more stones so were bringing him in to have them removed Monday so this will be his 3rd operation over the course of his life, I told the wife maybe we should have those stones mounted on her wedding ring cause at $1500 an operation his stones are now more valuable then your engagement, wedding and anniversary ring combined LOL

Ok Finished wrapping the bee last night, after the hobby shop run tomorrow I should be able to mount the engine and then put the fuel tank in so I can finish covering the top of the engine nacelle, install the rudder and elevator servos glue in the hinges and she'll be done about 30 minutes work left to do on it. Then Onto the Bipe
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:36 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Whoa.......something's different here at RCG!
Mine looks the same as always. I use the Classic style though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Ok Finished wrapping the bee last night, after the hobby shop run tomorrow I should be able to mount the engine and then put the fuel tank in so I can finish covering the top of the engine nacelle, install the rudder and elevator servos glue in the hinges and she'll be done about 30 minutes work left to do on it. Then Onto the Bipe
Covering and the pilot look great. Still a funny looking plane.

Nate, I see what you are doing now.

You can make the white text and then make the stroke really big. This will give you a background. Then make the other text and center on top of the "fat" text. I think that would do it.

The shadow option would also work.

In the middle picture, Adobe Illustrator, I just changed the line for the text to white and left the fill black.

In the bottom, made two copies of the text. The white one has a stroke setting of 10. That made it really fat. The second copy is normal with red for the color. I then used vertical and horizontal center to align them.

The blue background it just to simulate the plane.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Feb 22, 2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:07 AM
Joined Jan 2009
5,494 Posts
RCG finally updated their image viewer...now at least it is halfway decent.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:49 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Ok this is kinda funny...only the roads marked in pink are dangerous to travel:
Sent that one to the funnypapers
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:51 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
Snowy the city got around 10 inches where we got 5 inches. But it's the really wet heavy stuff and drifting. It was stopping semi's and 4 wheel drives in their tracks. many a person tried it only to get stuck and abandoned there cars. now they've all been towed and the tow lots are making a small fortune.
Well guys my leccy days may be coming to an end with the new laws regarding the shipping of lipos.
Lipos and nitro have shipping problems, so it may be a fossil fuel thing.
My next engine may very well be a evo 10ccer.
momma says it'll be ok, now I just have to sneak it past the apt manager. Who knows we may be heading back to the property. Though momma isn't wild about moving into a trailer again.
I may have to go in debt and build or remodel my 24 by 30 building.
O I hate house payments as much as car payments.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:52 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
The machine is printing on clear vinyl
So your printing and not cutting?

Would you be willing/able to cut print me a six foot round emblem? If so, lets talk about what that would cost. I already have the emblem in several formats. I can do the assembly
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:30 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,904 Posts
Wayne yup its a funny looking plane alright, but pretty cool just like that mudduck lol

Snowdog yes the image viewer is definitely better before the images were just a tad bigger than the thumbnail at least I can see the images a little better now, But thats the only thing that looks different on the site to me.

Kerwin50 wow 5 inches of the wet heavy stuff and people are getting stuck LOL we barely even plow at 3 - 4 inches and I certainly won't do my driveway for anything less then 8, at that rate its usually melted the next day to a drivable condition anyway LOL Glad you got some snow though that should help the water table a tad anyway.
sounds like you guys got some decisions to make about the house good luck and I hope it works out for both you and your wife with little pain in the wallet. 10CC I like it I like it
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:21 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Wayne yup its a funny looking plane alright, but pretty cool just like that mudduck lol

Snowdog yes the image viewer is definitely better before the images were just a tad bigger than the thumbnail at least I can see the images a little better now, But thats the only thing that looks different on the site to me.

Kerwin50 wow 5 inches of the wet heavy stuff and people are getting stuck LOL we barely even plow at 3 - 4 inches and I certainly won't do my driveway for anything less then 8, at that rate its usually melted the next day to a drivable condition anyway LOL Glad you got some snow though that should help the water table a tad anyway.
sounds like you guys got some decisions to make about the house good luck and I hope it works out for both you and your wife with little pain in the wallet. 10CC I like it I like it
We have about 14 inches. It came down at 4 inches an hour at one point. Carnage everywhere. The most snow in one day in 100 years. We aren't equipped for that kind of maddness.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:04 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,255 Posts
Yes... things have changed a bit, Video uploads are gone, tool bar at the top getting that mobile look, Gold Badge members are starting to expire and turn blue, pic view looks nice, ads are getting more and more unappealing, the good ole days are gone.

FG seem to be staying the same and nothing is really been improved in a while. Flying Giants was a niche for a long time, now they are getting to be more status normal.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:58 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5,494 Posts
I guess the cool new RC site is 3 d r c f o r u m s . c o m

FG is where all the complainers go.
Site Sponsor