HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:33 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,968 Posts
I have one lol but after going over the situation instead of mutilating the piece becuase its trying to split a 3/16 piece of wood straight down the center while mounted on the top of the fuse I am just going to leave it alone, make new piece to go directly in front of it. So it will be just fine and the front of the turtle deck will be double strong
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:35 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,968 Posts
I don't know what that is wayne the pic is not showing up on my phone lol
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:47 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,968 Posts
Wow that worked and that looks awesome ROTFLOL
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:27 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,599 Posts
Awesome news Wookster, congrats to your wife.

Waldo, you're going to shame me into firing up the building table again. Just going to have to invent time.
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:25 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,968 Posts
Time is a tough these days for sure, but one thing I do when I have no time is glue 1 piece on every time I walk by my bench, or once on the hour when your home, if your lucky enough to have your washer and dryer on the same floor its a great excuse to do the laundry, as on laundry day you get to glue 4 pieces on every load as you deliver the laundry glue on a piece, come back through glue on a piece, etc... Etc... if you have many kids allot can be accomplished lOl and the wife is very happy too

So get those building boards going I'd love to see pics of more builds going on in this thread, Its also a healthy way to keep you sound and the mind sharp too so you guys HAVE to build for your health at least.

building a plane part a day, keeps the doctor away.
"Waldo Pepper"
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:39 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Time is a tough these days for sure, but one thing I do when I have no time is glue 1 piece on every time I walk by my bench, or once on the hour when your home, if your lucky enough to have your washer and dryer on the same floor its a great excuse to do the laundry, as on laundry day you get to glue 4 pieces on every load as you deliver the laundry glue on a piece, come back through glue on a piece, etc... Etc... if you have many kids allot can be accomplished lOl and the wife is very happy too

So get those building boards going I'd love to see pics of more builds going on in this thread, Its also a healthy way to keep you sound and the mind sharp too so you guys HAVE to build for your health at least.

building a plane part a day, keeps the doctor away.
"Waldo Pepper"
Time has been a huge issue for me too, but a few things are wrapping up soon, so I'll have a little time to get back to building. I have three planes that need built, so you can count on me for a few pictures anyway.
Thanks for the encouragement Waldo!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:41 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
I too am needing to get a plane on the building board. Problem is room
I'm quickly running out of room to hang my planes.
I really need to finish repairing my .45 tigermoth. shes been down since the summer of 2007.
If that not bad enough K49 has just shot me another great deal on an airplane. He want to sell me his .50 GW MX for 50 bucks. This plane is in great shape. Never been crashed. Flies great. And in general just a really nice plane. The only problem is I found a supertigre 3000 for 40 bucks to go on the Yak I bought from him last year.
Money an space. What do I do.
If I buy the tigre then I'll still need a 150 bucks to finish the yak.
The MX I'll need 50 somthing to finish it.
Well maybe. K49 has an OS 70 on it and it flys very nice. I aleady have a 70 magnum but I think a 61 would just make her insane. And you know how I love insane planes.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:29 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
I am finding out that Singles are very painful.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:51 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Waldo, did you see the Miss America?
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:57 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,065 Posts
The kids wanted to go to the park today so... foamy time Man I have gotten a decent amount of stick time this week Feeling fortunate.

I flew 3 packs in the tech one yak and chased my kids down some slides

To clarify I didn't chase them with the plane
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:28 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,328 Posts
New Hobby Town USA opened here, it's not the biggers store but they packed stuff in it. I got a new Blade quad copter, grand opening 10 off anything over 50. It's been several years since the other local guy went under after several years of not so good service. It's good to be able pick things up local.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:41 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
New Hobby Town USA opened here, it's not the biggers store but they packed stuff in it. I got a new Blade quad copter, grand opening 10 off anything over 50. It's been several years since the other local guy went under after several years of not so good service. It's good to be able pick things up local.
I went to a new one here today. I was not overly impressed with the selection for planes. Fuel prices were crazy high. Would be OK to get some smalls IF they have it in stock. I think it will be a call ahead deal.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:37 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
I am not impressed with Hobby Town USA in Little Rock. I went in to get some Robart hinge points , they did not know what I was talking about. Went to Mark's ,a hobby shop that I buy from and a lot closer to me,
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:41 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,328 Posts
I have heard similar complaints about HTU in other areas in Pa. Mostly micro stuff but tools, glue, carbon, and other small stuff I don't want to pay shipping on or wait for delivery.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:08 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,285 Posts
Local Hobby Shop........what's that?????? Nearest one is over 7 hours away! And here I thought I only had snow and cold to complain about.........you guys have local hobby shops that aren't up to par! I'm glad I'm not you! That'd be unbearable!!!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Last edited by snowman; Feb 16, 2013 at 07:17 PM.