SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:10 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,020 Posts
Only 20 feet high Snowman compared to your recent years your just getting a dusting also, might be time to break out the old shovel, its free, cheap, and offers a sense of satisfaction as you clear 10 foot high snow from your driveway, and you can hear flakes lightly touch the ground without the roar of a snow engine machine, its a anstonishing peaceful serenity as it falls from the heavens then after your done on your way by the over grown banks next to your cherry trees you can whack the rabbit over the head with it and go inside and make a nice pot of hassenpfeffer
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:21 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,141 Posts
Snowy you just need an ELECTRIC snowblower LOL
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:27 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,380 Posts
Wascally wabbits! Gets me to thinking of setting a few homebrew landmines for the little bastards! Let's see..........trip wire......to hair trigger.......to a piece of 3/4" copper tube filled with birdshot and blackpowder.......crimped on the ends and placed just below the snow's surface.......yes......that ought to do it! I'm cool with Hasenpfeffer!

Waldo, we have 150 inches to go if we want to start thinking this winter was even close to being memorable!

Looking up parts online for the snowblower now!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:28 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,380 Posts
They don't make an electric snowblower big enough........besides.......that's be like having another Leccy........wouldn't want that now would we?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:31 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
snowy down here our city rabbits always taste better, being garden feed and not over worked by being chased by coyotes and the like.
All our snow is once again gone.
BTW has superior got any ice on her
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:32 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
BTW have you thought about using your twist to blow alittle snow
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:35 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
They don't make an electric snowblower big enough........besides.......that's be like having another Leccy........wouldn't want that now would we?
I bet Hacker makes a motor powerful enough to run a nice big snowblower They probly make a suitable esc as well... Hey, why not just make the whole thing RC?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:13 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I bet Hacker makes a motor powerful enough to run a nice big snowblower They probly make a suitable esc as well... Hey, why not just make the whole thing RC?
I know Turnigy has one.

waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:13 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,141 Posts
Muahahaha!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:19 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Please don't go where the huskys and don't you eat that yellow snow
Frank Zappa - Don't You Eat That Yellow Snow (3 min 36 sec)
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:28 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,141 Posts
Great Googly Moogely!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:50 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,380 Posts
Here in the Copper Country we blow snow onto the foundations of our homes in a feeble attempt to insulate the poorly-insulated shacks we live in. (BTW, what monies we save in heating costs we more than blow through replacing broken window panes and damaged siding....from having hurled large chunks of ice from the chutes of our beloved snowblowers (that's snow-thrower to those of you not in the know!)). Yesterday, by chance I happened to look out the window just as my neighbor's truck disappeared down the street! I quickly threw on my parka, chook, and boots grabbed my choppers and headed for the garage. (Choppers are leather mittens lined with a pair of knitted mittens inside). A quick prime and pull of the cord and the 13 hp machine fired to life. I was on a mission and the front yard and drive could wait.....the neighbor was gone and the winds were blowing in the right direction......the only thing that would have made the situation better was if the planets were in alignment! I dropped her into high gear and force-fed the front of the machine yard after yard of snow as we made our way to wind tunnel, which was the space between our two homes. Upon my arrival I aimed my chute straight up in the air and smiled to myself as the as the prevailing winds dumped the heavy snow just on the other side of the property line! A CSI agent couldn't distinguish this snow from that of naturally fallen snow and any malicious intent could easily be denied. I made quick work of the back yard and as I cut the last path closest to the house.....I heard this high-pitched whining of metal on metal as I passed the gas meter....so loud in fact that it was clearly heard over the steady drone of my well-tuned, snow-blowing machine, which stood idling in the numb grip of my now feelingless hands. I took a step closer, as my eyelashes had frozen together somewhat and I was squinting like an Eskimo looking for a polar bear on the far horizon! Sure enough....the gas meter, in it's relentless task of trying to keep an accurate accounting of the colossal volume of natural gas needed to heat this shack, was about to give up the ghost.......that one meter, more than any other in Calumet, had given it's all and I was lucky enough to witness to it. I aimed my chute at the wicked device and buried it under a healthy layer of the ugly white stuff....my excuse being that it needed to cool off.....maybe they wouldn't find it until Spring, I thought to myself as I continued on my merry way......I finished up the first session of snow blowing for the day and went inside to thaw. Alas the joy I had felt in my soul earlier that day diminished with each footprint I tracked from the street to the location of the expired gas meter. How do they do it? Does the meter send out an S.O.S. over the airwaves as it's last act of being? Sure enough.... the frigid grave was excavated and where once the old meter hung there hung a shiny new one........the hands on it's many dials spinning wickedly around and around. It started to snow harder and as I made my way back to the snowblower I noticed that I had trudged through more snow now than I had this morning. I quickly glanced towards my neighbor's kitchen window where I saw him lift his steaming mug and smile.......the winds had changed once more and the day's burden had shifted to my side of the property line!

Sorry, my snowblower is 305 cc........try again.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:14 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
just blow some yellow snow his way, or better yet just deposit some of the deadly yellow snow by his car door.
Wait is this the guy who jumped your wife?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:59 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,020 Posts
Wow what a great tale snowman and I hope you don't get another 150 inches LOL Unless of course you want it.

Now that the cat is out of the bag on your choir voice, When are you going to post a Video of you singing is what I really want to know

And no leccy Snowblowers for me I went that route before, well I didn't buy one but I used my mother in-laws to help her out one day and lets just say I will never buy one.... you might as well go out there with a spoon lol it worked fine on a light dusting to clear the walkway but to handle a driveway and all the chunks of Ice and snow left on the end of the driveway by the town's plow, it wouldn't even begin to dig into it or throw it anywhere at all except right back 3 inches in front of the so called auger. and that day we only had 4 inches or so LOL

Great tune kerwin Doh doh doh dohhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:02 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,141 Posts
I was just teasing on the electric snow blower guys I'm a desert rat and really have no idea about such things