HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:16 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,444 Posts
Closed communion? Offened? ... I dont even know what that means, why would your chat make anyone uncomfortable?

Class of 2014 Benifit Bingo last night, 4:30 - 11:00 pm shelling out food to hungry bingo goers.

Back up at 6 am to be at the Spikefest for Large Scale Static display and indoor Flying Demos 10-2, and what a PACKED turn out. Kids love BIG RC Planes, they want to touch, sit on, ride, spin the prop, near impossible to stay in front of. 2 Simulators going full time.

Fat Guy's Feet HURT... I did get an email cure for magic weight loss.
Now I need to unload the van <sigh>
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Last edited by DaOldGuy; Feb 10, 2013 at 04:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:58 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
I went to the field today. The club was having their annual "Fly in the Taco Soup" event. I had a good time and met a guy named Mark who has a Sabre 47 and a MoAss. He was kind enough to let me fly both if them! I couldn't stay long but I had a great time! I invited him to join us here.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:36 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
.....why would your chat make anyone uncomfortable?
Well, DOG......I've been known to press a few buttons from time to time.......sometimes intentionally.......sometimes on a whim........sometimes because I'm so good at I forget I'm doing it.........that's why..... And...If I don't find a church that'll have me soon I'm going to become a dyed-in-the-wool arsehole!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:54 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Start you own church snowman! Think of the tax implications!! :d
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:05 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Start you own church snowman! Think of the tax implications!! :d
Good one Plow! I wouldn't be able to look them in the eye and preach to them about walking the straight and narrow........as the paths I have chosen in the past were wide and meandering. Hell, in church today for example.........my thoughts were not focused.......I found the stained glass to be a distraction even. I watched the bright winter sun explode into shafts of color as they pierced the translucent images of Christ and his Apostles and spill out on parishioner and pew alike........the sound of the young pastor's words never fell upon my ears....and I even cursed that time in sun was wasted this day... indoors! I tried to sing, but my heart wasn't in it and neither was the organist's.........mechanical, struggling keystrokes labored at doing God's work, but Satan was in control of her digits and the sounds that came out of those speakers was far from being joyous! So you see my friend......I am no leader of men that seek communion with the Lord.....even if there were tax incentives!
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:20 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
O it was a twisted twisted day indeed. We had 40 mph winds with temps in the 40's
So the boys and I had a heli flyin. K49 brought his V911 while I brought my Blade MCX. The other Dan whose building we were using had a Blade MSR and a Blade MCX2. While there was only the 3 of us, we had a blast.
I had a chance to fly the MSR and was doing quite well till the heli hit the wall. The ball on the squash plate came off. We robbed another one but couldn't get it to stay in the squash plate.
Boy my poor old MCX sure seemed like a dog compared to K49's 911. That thing is a little hotrod.
We flew till about 4:30 or so then we all played on Dans new realflite sim. K49 was flying this turbine F86 when I pushed the G key on the key board. You should of seen it. His wings came right off. We tried this a few times and every time I hit the g key it would do it. Not quite sure why but boy it sure did.
We all also tried our hand at the quad copter as well but none of us were able to keep it in the air very long.
O it so good getting together with the boys
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:22 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Sounds worthy of a sermon my friend! Preach on brother, preach on!!!
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:03 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Well, DOG......I've been known to press a few buttons from time to time.......sometimes intentionally.......sometimes on a whim........sometimes because I'm so good at I forget I'm doing it.........that's why..... And...If I don't find a church that'll have me soon I'm going to become a dyed-in-the-wool arsehole!
Soo Yung: Yeah come on, push the button! <Rush Hour>

Once upon a time there was like 5 or so "churches" and people started pushing buttons, so when something would come up and create a disagreement, they would split off their own church. Now we seem to be up to 500 or so "churches" and there is a item or 2 different between them all.... Almost sounds like RC Clubs.

Went to a church with my ex wife, all they talked about was money, and replacing stained glass windows with new stained glass. I went to marriage classes, becoming prepared for marriage. Obviously it didn't help.
Many years later, the preacher man hearing that we had separated, his main concern was keeping me in the church and wanted me to come to singles night... not yet divorced.

Attended a couple weddings, these are not churches, they are full on business, entertaining and hosting, expanding their buildings, and severing catered meals in the same room church is held... no pews, just chairs that are easy to flip and start prayer....
Good luck in your mission to find that sunday home, its almost like finding car insurance these days.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:33 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,431 Posts
DOG........I hear ya........when you look at the splitting and re-splitting of any religion it almost takes on the look of a graphical representation of a fractal .......I guess man has an inherent need to make sense of his existence.......that or become a couch potato and stare into meaninglessness....lol I'm really turned off by the whole "money grubbing" stance that some churches tout as dogma.....like I've always said.......people seek sincerity and genuineness above all else......two rare commodities these days. I find a good deal of both here, believe it or not.......amongst the banter.....never far from the surface. As far as the "church thing".....I'll keep searching.......I like to sing in church more than anything ........ and in the mean time there ain't no better cathedral than the great outdoors and I got front row seats baby.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:15 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
This came out pretty well. Orion Nebula, Iso-800, 15 seconds, T3i. If you can spot the straight line on the left side toward the top, that is a satellite.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:28 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
O it was a twisted twisted day indeed. We had 40 mph winds with temps in the 40's
So the boys and I had a heli flyin. K49 brought his V911 while I brought my Blade MCX. The other Dan whose building we were using had a Blade MSR and a Blade MCX2. While there was only the 3 of us, we had a blast.
I had a chance to fly the MSR and was doing quite well till the heli hit the wall. The ball on the squash plate came off. We robbed another one but couldn't get it to stay in the squash plate.
Boy my poor old MCX sure seemed like a dog compared to K49's 911. That thing is a little hotrod.
We flew till about 4:30 or so then we all played on Dans new realflite sim. K49 was flying this turbine F86 when I pushed the G key on the key board. You should of seen it. His wings came right off. We tried this a few times and every time I hit the g key it would do it. Not quite sure why but boy it sure did.
We all also tried our hand at the quad copter as well but none of us were able to keep it in the air very long.
O it so good getting together with the boys

ahhh, what? you boys are flying helis now? I've got the MSR, mCPX, nCPX, some co-ax thingy, and a 450. Didn't realize you all were so well rounded.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:43 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
well guys I went to the swap meet yesterday. But I made the mistake of taking my wife..
No mistake there Kerwin I think you may have showed control so she'll be less reluctant to let you go to those places on your own, And she bought 2 pair of boots so she's a happy mama and we all know a Happy mama is the best mama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
My Saito .82 didn't stop when I put my hand in it!
Sign of a great engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Waldo, it looks you only got a light dusting.....sweet!
So my wife and I tried on this little white church down the street on for size this morning........
Yes snowman just a dusting lol I miss the good ol days when we used to get those 2 foot of snow, storms, we could build our own sledding hills right in the driveway
I think you should apply for the new Pope position opening up in a couple of weeks as our pope is resigning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
That door didnt stop when I caught my finger in it the other day
Waldo...just got it this summer, havent started it yet. Thinking about the ASP400R from HobbyKing for it....only 777.00.....really not bad for a bigass radial!
Sign of a good door I'm really looking forward to seeing that one Dad, there is nothing like a big ol radial on an RC plane, very very cool sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tower flyer View Post
The OS 46 AX did not even slow down then it sliced the end of my finger off last year.
sing of a great motor sorery fopr the loss of a finger tip though freakin ow man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Class of 2014 Benifit Bingo last night, 4:30 - 11:00 pm shelling out food to hungry bingo goers.
Back up at 6 am to be at the Spikefest for Large Scale Static display and indoor Flying Demos
Now I need to unload the van <sigh>
Man talk about a schedule you a busy boy, Spikefest looked awesome!! how can any event go wrong with a bouncy bounce on the grounds I think that just gave me an idea to attract some new members to our club, After the cron comes in we can set up one of those trampolines hidden in the corn field, so it will look like kids springing out of the corn

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
I went to the field today. The club was having their annual "Fly in the Taco Soup" event. I had a good time and met a guy named Mark who has a Sabre 47 and a MoAss. He was kind enough to let me fly both if them! I couldn't stay long but I had a great time! I invited him to join us here.
Awesome to hear plow even if only for a short time.

Quote:
This came out pretty well. Orion Nebula, Iso-800, 15 seconds, T3i. If you can spot the straight line on the left side toward the top, that is a satellite.
Very awesome shot wayne !!!

Well another no show at all at the open house lol although the 13+ inches of snow the day before didn't help any I'm sure. just another weekend shot to hell preparing for it. we'll drop the price again and see what happens we must get the hell out of there this year.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:48 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Sorry about the open house Waldo. I moved a lot and sold a number of houses. I know the stress.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:59 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Quote:
My Saito .82 didn't stop when I put my hand in it!
Boy I'm glad momma doesn't read this thread, I'd probally never be able to fly.

Wookster you'll find us to be a pretty diverse group of boys, you really need to come fly with us more, maybe pm your PH # again. BTW another guy is just getting into CP helis and needs lots help. You think you could somtime give him a hand.

Yeah guys even though I did buy anything at the swap meet the good deals just keep popping up. K49 wants the motor thats on his .50 size MX so he's offered to sell it to me for 50 bucks. It's in super great shape as he doesn't abuse his planes. It's the red MX.

Now guys you all need to start sharing some of these storms. We're just not getting any precip.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:55 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,431 Posts
Ok Kerwin, if you want snow......come get it! The snowbank across the street where you parked is near 20' high.......some years it's grown as high as 40'. We put more gas in our snowblowers than we do our cars. The friggin' rabbits jump up on the snow banks in the yard and eat the tender branches off my cherry trees.....the little bastards have no right eating anything over 6 feet off the friggin' ground!!!!! Time to set some snares and traumatize the girls as they flopsy and mopsy struggle for their last gasp of air! Course my better half says: "They are all God's creatures and should share in His bounty." Of course she doesn't know that rabbit caught in town tastes every bit as good as country rabbit........that too being God's bounty....hehehe! My big snowblower developed issues during this morning's session of blowing heavy, wet snow.......and now I have to rebuild it cause I need the extra horsepower to throw the snow up and over the ever growing snowbanks! Did I ever mention it sucks being me!