SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:29 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Man, I gotta say, I hate that I can't pick up the phone and call Chuck. If I could talk to him one more time I'd tell him he musta had bad bearings. That's what he used to say about everything that went wrong! He would pick in me all the time because the first engine on my first T---T was an OS 46 AX and the bearings went out after only about 30 gallons. It was still so new that the LHS took it back and let me have my .61 for only the difference in price, Chuck thought that was hilarious for some reason.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:57 PM
United States, NJ, Middletown
Joined May 2012
419 Posts
Congrats to both the snows on great news!
joshgluck is offline Find More Posts by joshgluck
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:48 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,962 Posts
Plow that's a funny story about the bearings lol I'm sure he's saying it to you rigjht now, either you fly a whole lot or you gotta bum motor I don't think I've ever had a bearing go on an OS on anyone of them.

DOG holy crap man well at least they know now hopefully a quicker recovery can begin.

Snoman that's some fantastic news for sure

We got off easy from the storm
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:01 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,321 Posts
I made the same Evel Knieval comment earlier to my daughter mike, funny you mentioned it.

Thanks Guys... They seen the Emergency Evac Heli ride bill today. They were a 40 minute drive from the St. Louis hospital. The bill was 30K which no doubt was needed, but wow....
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Last edited by DaOldGuy; Feb 09, 2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:18 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
well guys I went to the swap meet yesterday. But I made the mistake of taking my wife.
I didn't buy a single thing. I usually walk around for hours and start making deals when everyone's getting ready to leave.
Not so yesterday. After walking around for 2 1/2 hours momma was ready to leave. Plus she was making sure I didn't spend too much money. And on top of that she's just way too honest. I could get by with telling anyone I've only got this amount of money.
Still most of the people were very proud of there stuff. One guy wanted 300 for an OS 160 with a pitts muffler. He came down to 250 but that was still too high in my opinion
I was also looking at a Hacker A 60 which is an electric motor that is more powerful than my DLE 30.
It was from a guy I knew some years ago. I made the remark that it was safer for me to go leccy. Boy he blew the sale. He told momma and I that the leccy was much more dangerous than the gasoline. He said with a gas if it strikes you the motor will die while the electric will just keep on turning, cutting and hacking along the way. You should of seen the look momma gave me. Needless to say we walked away. He kinda chuckled as we were leaving the table saying I probally shouldn't of said that. I reall hated it too because he was going to sell me that Hacker for 75 dollars.
O well it just as well. If I'd of bought a big leccy motor I don't think K49 would ever speak to me again. LOL
O did I mention that right after the meet momma wanted to go shopping for some new boots.
She ended up shopping for anothe couple of hours and bought 2 pair of boots.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:49 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
My Saito .82 didn't stop when I put my hand in it!
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Feb 10, 2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:38 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
well guys I went to the swap meet yesterday. But I made the mistake of taking my wife.
I didn't buy a single thing. I usually walk around for hours and start making deals when everyone's getting ready to leave.
Not so yesterday. After walking around for 2 1/2 hours momma was ready to leave. Plus she was making sure I didn't spend too much money. And on top of that she's just way too honest. I could get by with telling anyone I've only got this amount of money.
Still most of the people were very proud of there stuff. One guy wanted 300 for an OS 160 with a pitts muffler. He came down to 250 but that was still too high in my opinion
I was also looking at a Hacker A 60 which is an electric motor that is more powerful than my DLE 30.
It was from a guy I knew some years ago. I made the remark that it was safer for me to go leccy. Boy he blew the sale. He told momma and I that the leccy was much more dangerous than the gasoline. He said with a gas if it strikes you the motor will die while the electric will just keep on turning, cutting and hacking along the way. You should of seen the look momma gave me. Needless to say we walked away. He kinda chuckled as we were leaving the table saying I probally shouldn't of said that. I reall hated it too because he was going to sell me that Hacker for 75 dollars.
O well it just as well. If I'd of bought a big leccy motor I don't think K49 would ever speak to me again. LOL
O did I mention that right after the meet momma wanted to go shopping for some new boots.
She ended up shopping for anothe couple of hours and bought 2 pair of boots.
A Hacker A60 for $75???!! What is the guys name and telephone number???
So you walk away with nothing and momma gets two new pairs of boots?
Next time let her go shopping WHILE you are at the swap meet.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:48 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Snowdog I just sent you a PM
The motor really looked like it was in good shape. I smelled it for burnt windings, and spun her.He may of sold it though for that price
He has always taken very good care of his motors
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:05 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,276 Posts
Waldo, it looks you only got a light dusting.....sweet!

So my wife and I tried on this little white church down the street on for size this morning........the congregation in attendance was less than 20, the songs were all in the female voice range, which prevented me from belting out a good hymn or two, and my black pants/white shirt must have been considered funeral garb cause more people had their heads cocked to the back of the church where we were sitting than towards the preacher man! So I'm reading the literature and the words "closed communion" appears before my eyes.........oh, well.......the search continues..... I know this kind of talk makes some of you uncomfortable.......but not any more uncomfortable than I was this morning. Happy Sunday All!!!!!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:08 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Waldo, it looks you only got a light dusting.....sweet!

So my wife and I tried on this little white church down the street on for size this morning........the congregation in attendance was less than 20, the songs were all in the female voice range, which prevented me from belting out a good hymn or two, and my black pants/white shirt must have been considered funeral garb cause more people had their heads cocked to the back of the church where we were sitting than towards the preacher man! So I'm reading the literature and the words "closed communion" appears before my eyes.........oh, well.......the search continues..... I know this kind of talk makes some of you uncomfortable.......but not any more uncomfortable than I was this morning. Happy Sunday All!!!!!
Closed communion?! Sheesh...keep looking.
Sorry to hear about your difficulty in finding a good place to worship and fellowship. I'll keep you and your family in prayer on this point.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:56 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
O snowy, you should of went where my wife and I did when we were up there. They really extended themselves too us. We had such a nice time there. My wife an I's prayers are with you , Nancy, and family.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:27 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,575 Posts
Good news snowman about your daughter

Wayne lets see the finger damage
Ouch
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:06 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
Good news snowman about your daughter

Wayne lets see the finger damage
Ouch
That was a while back. Just a scar now.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:12 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Dad LOL Where is that Tele by the way have you started the build has it already been posted and maidened and I just forgot LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
That was a while back. Just a scar now.

That door didnt stop when I caught my finger in it the other day

Waldo...just got it this summer, havent started it yet. Thinking about the ASP400R from HobbyKing for it....only 777.00.....really not bad for a bigass radial!
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:24 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
The OS 46 AX did not even slow down then it sliced the end of my finger off last year.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer