HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:45 PM
I am the Ernie of the midwest!
Joined Jan 2011
953 Posts
Kerwin never took his eye off of his "transmitter" the entire flight.
Kerwin49 is online now Find More Posts by Kerwin49
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:03 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,431 Posts
What! When I was flyin'?????
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:39 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
O no snowy, snowy ole buddy you know I don't feel that way. I promise.
Yeah K49 I was alittle nervous when Trixie was putting her through her paces and I was ready to snatch that TX in a moment's notice.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:43 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Guys I was over at flying giants trying to post this video and it wouldn't link.
So even though many of you seen snowdog filming trixie an the green machine, here it is again http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4neuVcCXHPg
The commentary at the take off, I was the leading on line bidder at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Now we get to be Trixiefied all over again
I seen her post on FG the other day, was talking about going to an event as a spectator. How do you go from all those toys to no toys that quick?
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:44 PM
Joined Jan 2011
953 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOO! you were not really looking at the transmitter, you were staring at Trixie!!!!

Dont worry Snowie, he won't even let me touch his transmitter or fly his plane ever since Trixie touched it.........
Last edited by Kerwin49; Feb 05, 2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:25 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Ok flight report 1st off never trust athe weather man, especially when you live in bumb missouri
Now the temp was 50 somthingbut the wind was blowing. Of all planes I took the pico moth believing it was 5 to 10. NOT
I ready did know better but I was there. I launch the pico into the wind and imediately the wind picked the plane up and moved her backwards.
I added down elev to get forward ground speed. She only came forward alittle before running out of alitutde and I landed her right there on the road. the wind blew her back just a bit before she settled to a stop. The wind seemed to be blowing right over the top of the road, leaving a vacuum.
Now not having enough and being a sucker for a punishment I throttle her. As she came up she hit 2 ft mark and the wind caught her again lifting her up an up and to despite my control inputs it flip her over inverted and right into a power line. I ran like fat boy to the point of impact and managed to pick up the pieces.
Now just to tell you how windy it was. The wind broke the struts beteewn the 2 wings just walking back to the apt.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:14 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Sorry about the problems Kerwin.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:19 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I went out this afternoon at the urging of a friend. I have been working on the trailer so things are a little disorganized. Only the foam toys were in the trailer and when I arrived, no batteries. Oh well, I can spectate. Well the other guys started throwing batteries at me so I flew all the foam toys - FlipFlop, Pizza Box, Snoopy Cart, and Candy Corn (Fire Fly).

I let everybody have a turn on the sticks, it was their batteries anyway. We had some rough treatment but we had a tube of Welder glue so we kept it all going.

I need to finish the trailer and get organized.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:40 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,431 Posts
Kerwin, maybe you should only let "others" fly your planes........you're so hard on 'em!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:13 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
O snowy
I don't mind letting people fly my planes these days, I just want to be the only one crashing them.
O my poor moth, I glue the wings back together and they're whopper jawed.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:16 PM
Joined Jan 2011
953 Posts
I bet Trixie wouldnt have hit the power lines.......

Hey Wayne, have you flown your Radjet yet?
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:12 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,196 Posts
Hey crazies, I just got done making another tutorial video. This time it covers knife edge spins.
Here is the written portion of the 3dpedia. http://www.3drcforums.com/showwiki.p...nife+Edge+Spin
3drcf Knife Edge SPIN tutorial (4 min 40 sec)
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:34 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Hey Nate, just a suggestion, I see a lot of RF vids of this or that. One thing I don't see is information on the model they are using. Yours says it is a PAU 35% 540. Many of these are from various versions on the swap pages and many have been modified. Obviously, not all the models, even "3D" ones, won't knife edge spin per the demonstration. A bit of information on the setup would be useful I think.

Good effort.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:36 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerwin49 View Post
I bet Trixie wouldnt have hit the power lines.......

Hey Wayne, have you flown your Radjet yet?
I am trying to be a "full experience" pilot and had not seen the hit-the-powerline event yet.

Nope, RAD 800 has not made it yet but it will soon.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:08 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
BTW - Nate, that was a general comment. I know the stock PAU in RF 6.5 will KE spin as you demonstrate. I was just saying, in general, it would be helpful to people to know what setup is needed for some of the moves.

I have seen other entries demonstrated for KE spin also. Having explanation of the various entries would be nice I think.

I am not the one to put those together. I can put a lot of these together but they are not always pretty.