8,071 Posts
Not sure but I could imagine some uses for it
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:08 AM
nothing
United States, MO, Cameron
Joined Jan 2011
915 Posts
Zero degrees here this morning....I bet it cold up north Snowy!
I hope I dont get a flight report from Nathan wearing shorts today as it will cause depression.

Wayne that "thing" looks like a torture instrument....ouch!
Kerwin49 is online now Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:13 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
anyone know what this is?

Being that said contraption is nearly fully closed, yet the jaws are far from being totally closed, taking into consideration the style of its construction, and looking at the wedge tips of the jaws.....I'd say it was a specialty bearing spreader or pinch clamp.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:57 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
If I could get my car into my crumbling garage I could load directly from the workshop, but the garage has to have a new roof and car door one of these years first!

Oh, and Waldo, CONGRATULATIONS on quitting smoking
Just build a New garage It might be faster lol thats what I did to my crumbling garage
And My wife is doing Awesome at the quitting smoking thing, she quit Jan 7 and hasn't had one yet and I'm still alive I think, As for me I was going to quit when she did right after her b-day as I knew we were having a party that weekend. And then she said she quit, Call it an excuse call it a wimp out but there was no way on God's earth I was quitting the same exact time as her or someone would be truly injured. Most likely me. lol We tried that before and 2 bitter angry stressed people in the house is not a good thing luckily we had our daughter with us the last time we tried quitting together, Its just us now and no witnesses lol I'm giving her a months head start so I'm looking at the 2nd week in Feb as my start date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
In my moment of joy I felt just a bit of sorrow for LT Dan, alias Kerwin49.
As you see he has such a well organized shop, that he will never experience the joy of finding somthing that he'd though he'd lost forever.
That is a Joy for sure Kinda like a surprise Christmas morning lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
BTW here's a pic of K49 and I. He's the blond headed guy
you guys look like a super hero team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I think with them only being 20 years young, it's the only thing that saved them. Had it been on of us at our age, not so much.
Its all about the will and the fight. at any age but being younger definitely helps, Glad to hear things are improving even if slightly. Keep em strong willed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
Is it possible to make twist 40 with 46 ax os engine into hand launch plane? And beef it up to belly land
Hand launch twist 40 tips and suggestions would be cool
David all you need on the bottom of a T40 is to zap a 1/4 x 1/4 or 1/2 x 1/2 Balsa Ply stick tapered towards the nose as a Single runner ski type thing make it go from a little behind the nose to about the rear landing gear and that will give you enough to protect the bottom. make sure your prop stops going east and west on the begining of the compression stroke when the engine shuts down, so when the engine stops the prop won't be stopped with one blade toward the ground. Hand launch is no problem at all.
Twist 40 Inverted hand launch (1 min 49 sec)

Quote:
We need some videos. Go full screen.
Sweet Video very cool I love space stuff

Quote:
anyone know what this is?
Looks like a good Coffee cup holder

Well the raider is finished just need to strap in a motor but its all ready to go other than that, so I'll pick out a scheme to add some flare but it can fly and no more of that Toughlon covering is on it thank God.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:07 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,071 Posts
For Kerwin:

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Wea...ation=USUT0267

I'm sorry some of you guys are stuck in the cold. We had cold weather last week including snow and rain. Now back to our regular desert programming
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:33 AM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
Waldo I know that it hard for some people to quit smoking, the first thing is to really want to. Then stick with it . I quit over 30 years ago , cold turkey, just made up my mind I was going to quit.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:48 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
For Kerwin:

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Wea...ation=USUT0267

I'm sorry some of you guys are stuck in the cold. We had cold weather last week including snow and rain. Now back to our regular desert programming
Ok Nate, that is just rubbing it in!

Here's our weather for today:

FYI: Welcome to February, everyone!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:22 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,970 Posts
Tower Yes Thats how I plan on doing it too,,, Just stop and I feel good about it this time as really want to and I think thats the biggest key all my other attempts were becasue I just thought I should quit now I WANT to quit

Antenna Question Futaba 6EXP 6-Channel FM R168DF/No Servos 72MHz 16
Does anyone know what Antenna goes with this box a friend of mines broke and I can't seem to find it anywhere
I think its an Futaba ANT5 but nothing I have seen has locked me into that.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:31 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Ok Nate, that is just rubbing it in!

Here's our weather for today:

FYI: Welcome to February, everyone!
Boy Mike that is just BITTER COLD. We had temps like that a couple weeks ago in the town where I go to school. Luckily I never really had to spend any time outside. It is definitely a de-motivator when thinking about flying outside. I hope you have something to keep your hands warm...
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:08 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,970 Posts
that is cold !!!!we were at 56 2 days ago then got pounded with rain yesterday and this morning back to below freezing and the wife woke me up saying the garage door was frozen to the floor and she couldn't get out LOL So I walked out there in my robe with a pitchure of Hot water and unstuck it for her 20's and low 30's the rest of the week here
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:08 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,287 Posts
Sorry to hear you're smoking Waldo..... you still have time to stave off the certainty of COPD controlling the rest of your life though and you know we're all rooting for ya! Hang in there...... quitting will stick one of these times! I'm going on 15 years now.....from being almost a 3 pack-a-day smoker!

Supposed to drop down to -15 degrees tonight......rolled pins keep snapping in my snowblowers........they don't like that cold a temp.........I've replaced pins 5 times these past few days....
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:54 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Yeah snowy I quit right after reading your post 5 years ago, come march 4th.
My wife and I both quit at the same time. After 10 days or so my wife broke down and started smoking. I realized right then that I was going to just have to get use to people smoking around me. So later, while I was in the hospital my wife quit again. She just passed er 4 year mark. Of course we both know that all it takes is 1 drag and we'll have that demon on our back all over again.

Yeah it was cold here last night Everyone was scrambling to bring in thier brass monkeys.
My heater on my lastest pick up was struggling, but I discovered it was low on antifreeze
I added some I'll see if that helps.
No airplaning so far but the day is still young and I have lots of airplane stuff to do.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:51 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I thought we were done with Weather Whining.

We may need to rename the group to the Twisted Weather Whiners Anonymous. TWWA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Tower Yes Thats how I plan on doing it too,,, Just stop and I feel good about it this time as really want to and I think thats the biggest key all my other attempts were becasue I just thought I should quit now I WANT to quit

Does anyone know what Antenna goes with this box a friend of mines broke and I can't seem to find it anywhere
Call or email Futaba. They are very good about getting part numbers.

Well, I put a prop on the RAD800. Not sure I am going to get the blinding speed I wanted. We will see. There are always bigger motors.

FireFly - I started cutting a FireFly from scratch! It is 8' wide and 6' long.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:29 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post

I have several futaba transmitters antennas <none the 6EXP> including my 9CHP, would be happy to send you a couple if needed.

Quote:
I thought we were done with Weather Whining.
Yeah Right.. that aint happening the way this has been back and fourth.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy