HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:22 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,637 Posts
I got out flying as promised... in my shorts and t-shirt
I flew my little tech one foamy a couple times. Then my buddy Brigg showed up so we went to work on the 70" slick. After some tuning I decided to fly it. Took off and did a nice long upline. Boy that motor pulls hard. At the top I chopped the throttle and it blessed me with a deadstick. I let it dive to bleed off a whole bunch of altitude. Then did one circled and brought her down right in front of us. Greased it but I could have lived without the extra drama...

We tuned it a little more and took off again. This time it gave us a decent flight but I still didn't trust it. I decided it is flying tail heavy. I guess that extra servo in the tail has got to go.

By the time I landed again it was about time for Brigg to leave. I hurried and put the 51 slick in the air and had some real fun. I even did a torque roll about 1" high for him . The tumbles are always nice and I did a full throttle blender that was very violently satisfying . Love the little slick
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:39 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,532 Posts
Brathanke excellent report is there video? I wouldn't want to say it didn't happen lol

Tower I hate it when that happens

Snowman I doont believe it I think your workshop is like a palace and you even have servants cleaning it for you lol

Wayne I am confident that you shall be Triumphant
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:40 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,637 Posts
No vids sorry... Forgot the camera.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:13 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Wayne I am confident that you shall be Triumphant
My batting average in only about .250 lately.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:48 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Snowman I doont believe it I think your workshop is like a palace and you even have servants cleaning it for you lol
Whatever gave you that idea (please don't say that it was I!) ???? I'm just some poor schmuck living in an old, dilapidated mining house located amidst a snow-covered and frozen wasteland......really. Paralyzed, by my wife's unwillingness to move and existing in a rut, of my own making, that's so deep I can't see out of..., I've given up on ever having a life of meaning. Instead I peer into holes drilled deep into ice and try to entice cold-blooded creatures to end their lives by swallowing my hook. I drag my arse into the dark woods hours before the sun dismally illuminates the soot-black clouds of winter in a feeble attempt to distinguish day from night and call those into my sight that encircle their prey with hackles raised and gnashing teeth. I sit thawed before the monitor each night and type away.......getting glimpses into lives so different than my own......it sets my mind to wandering. No servants here.......no palace........just a daydreamer trying to stay warm.

Oh, I almost forgot......I fly rc airplanes once and awhile too.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:53 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,078 Posts
Keep up those great posts snowman

I think it's Waldo who lives in a mini hotel with his own airfield who
Must has servants

I am messy guy with no doubt messiest work station and no help
But rather get tortured by wife on daily bassis to clean up my work area
Mines messy but I know where most things are
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:42 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,149 Posts
Didn't Shane already win the messiest shop contest?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:46 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,149 Posts
Night time photography. The bright one is Jupiter and some moons. The moons are trailing off to the left.
Last edited by waynemia; Jan 30, 2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:22 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,532 Posts
Wayne very cool shot maybe you need some sport enhancing hormone shots

Brathanke bummer on the camera but I believe you I've seen your skills before

I knew there was someway to get an excellent gramamatical tale from snowman, I've missed such well written passages, the pesants rejoice.

David lol the reason my shop is clean is because I am also stuck in the Wilderness with nowhere to go and not much to do although I seem to be busy all the time lol I assure you there will be nor has there ever been money for such luxuries as people working in my house that we've been trying to sell for 5 years now so I once again might have a few spare cents to spend on my planes
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:59 PM
RC = Drama Free
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,658 Posts
The Machine is really gearing up now. Sponsers stepped up and the King 50 now has $5000.00 in cash prizes.... Bazinga
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:55 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,078 Posts
Lol Waldo
You great man with large house
How large your land
Is it large

I live in postage stamp land with no or very little land

But got big planes

As I remember you got like 8 bed room home which is cool
Like your three story twist

I look hard for frozen lake and have no luck at all
My name is david22 and I am determined to fly off the snow or ice ASAP
This season
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:25 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,532 Posts
DOG Thats awesome !!! How are the kids doing?

David LOL Get out there and do that flight skiing, And we have a 4 bedroom house on 1 acre there is just barely enough room for my wife and I and my Hobbies the land looks much bigger because we are in the middle of a corn field which we don't own lol but its nice to have all that space, I will miss that when we move.

why does everything in my life revolve around corn fields LOL
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:42 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,461 Posts
O snowy, you got a nice shop. It's one of those multi shop. You name it snowy's got it.
Now it may have some clutter but it's a sign of a busy man.
Some years ago I had another tech with a really tidy bench, come up and make a comment to me about how messy my bench was. I replied to him that maybe if he spent less time keeping things so tidy he might be able to fix somthing once in a while instead of being a janitor, that is unless you really don't know what your doing. He just stormed off.
Here are some pic's of my shop
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:42 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,532 Posts
I love that shop Kerwin and That T_ _ _ T looks like a 50% in that room LOL Awesome and great story about putting the man in his place ROTFLOL
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:33 AM
Unregistered User
United States, MO, Winston
Joined Jan 2011
755 Posts
I think that Kerwin50 has the best shop of all of us. If you look at his photos you noticed that his shop has carpet. (mine does not) All the walls have fresh paint. (mine has cement walls) He does not have to go outside or go downstairs to go into his shop. He has nice doors and windows in his shop.........Who has the best shop? +1 vote for Kerwin50.

By the way: he failed to show you the wall right behind the door. On that wall he has an 8" x 10" glossy photo of himself flying at the 2007 buck naked fly-in....................he crashed his Edge 540 that day, he couldnt get his "antenna" fully extended, lost signal...
Kerwin49 is online now Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Last edited by Kerwin49; Jan 31, 2013 at 11:42 AM.