SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:28 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Heck with all the bad experiences y'all have with covering, I'm thinking of using saran wrap and spit! Or, perhaps tissue with a little watered-down white glue.....paper grocery bags and paste.........
We have a local that uses Doculem and Glue

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Maybe just cover the entire plane with blenderm tape.
mmm, Blenderm!
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:40 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Heck with all the bad experiences y'all have with covering, I'm thinking of using saran wrap and spit! Or, perhaps tissue with a little watered-down white glue.....paper grocery bags and paste.........
Don't laugh snowy it's been done. Even seen flour, water and newspaper
My grandson had a flying pinata
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:26 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
flour, water
That's gravy...

... well, sort of.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:11 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Guys I love when a maneuver comes together.
Tonight I took my WMPF flat foamie MX out.
Now the temp was in the low 50's with 90% humidity. Foggy, a tad chilly,with a light wind out of the north.
I put the 1st battery in, throttled up and gave her a toss. A little right trim,throttle back to a half. retrimed. And thats when I pulled the throttle back even more as I applied more elevator.
She set up into the nicest harrier. And when I went to turn I used my rudder coupled with oppsite aileron. O what a nice harrier flat turn. I soon started pumping the throttle for even lower and slower harrier work.
I found that I needed to lenghten my TX sticks so on my 2nd flight it was a bit differnt at 1st but I was still able to do harrier patterns and at I'd put her into a hover. DOWN LOW.
3 five minutes flights and I got my fix.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:21 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,398 Posts
Kerwin... I miss my MX2, that is the best little foamie.

I took my 33 Extra to the indoor yeasterday and got a couple flights on it.

We had a visitor come to our indoor, he found our club on our Facebook page about a year ago. Since he came all this way from Brazil, his first american flight was going to be on the 3DHS bird. It was only his second time ever flying indoors, he did fairly well.
Augusto visiting SCRC in State College PA (4 min 3 sec)
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:37 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
Yesurday I went to the feild and found out that David had pass away early in the morring,he will be missed by all of in our club. It was cold,cloudy and cross wind for the east, we sat around talked for awhile . I finally put my Something Extra together and flew,then others beagin to show up and fly. There were ten people at the feild which was a big turn out for the condisions.

I found out that I have a problem with my transmitter, my throttle has a place close to the low end that seems to have a rough spot , kind of hangs up or chtches. I have been haveing trouble with dead sticks and I found that when I move the throttle stick the servo sometimes goes all the way down to the shut off point and back to where it should be, move stick from full to half it will go all the way off then back to half. I am goimg to send tit to Horizon this week. I though I was haveing tank or tuneing trouble, to many deadstiks, I have engine die on takeoff , die at mid throttle ,at idle it was not anything that made sense. I had ran out of things to check. Only found that sometimes that the servo would go past where trim was set for idle. I don't know if this description makes sense.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:37 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
We have a local that uses Doculem and Glue

mmm, Blenderm!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Don't laugh snowy it's been done. Even seen flour, water and newspaper
My grandson had a flying pinata
Whats the stuff you float in your bathtub and just dip your wing through it? My dad used to tell me about that but Ive never seen it. Thats about as thin as it gets right?
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:39 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tower flyer View Post
. Only found that sometimes that the servo would go past where trim was set for idle. I don't know if this description makes sense.
Yea, makes sense. Its not the servo? overrun?
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:09 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
The thing is it is happening with different modles with different set ups. Yesterday my OS 46AX quit on a touch and go, got about 7-8' off the ground did not have time to land good . Bent the gear and cracked fuleage. I had pushed throttle to full, the engine went to full throttle then shut off. I had been flying for the fourth time and for about 9 min, on this flight, running fine then just quit when checking the plane out I found that the rough spot in stick was the problem. It seamed to be a totaly random thing untill then.
Last edited by tower flyer; Jan 27, 2013 at 09:18 PM. Reason: add to post
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:27 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
Whats the stuff you float in your bathtub and just dip your wing through it? My dad used to tell me about that but Ive never seen it. Thats about as thin as it gets right?
Microfilm. Kinda like laquer poured on water to film out and stuck to frames with water or spit. Weighs next to nothing, not too sturdy though.
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:43 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tower flyer View Post
Yesurday I went to the feild and found out that David had pass away early in the morring,he will be missed by all of in our club.
Sorry to hear about your friend.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:45 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Tower you have a bad TX. It's probaly the pot on the throttle.
Good luck buddy
I'm really thinking the Turnigy 9XR for 80 bucks shipped. of course I gotta pick a module.
I don't know if I want JR,Futaba or FrSky
Of course right now I'm still flying my old Futaba 9C
I mad the mistake of telling my wife this is the last radio I'll ever need, and she remebers it.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:13 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
It seames that all my gear has gone down at once, I gess that is what you get when you play hard . I am sure that I run my stuff more than anyone at our feild, I fly more in a week than some do in a month or more.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:22 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
Tomrrow I will send off radio gear to Horizon andservos to Hitec. I will repair Something Extra and get longer screws for Big Stik, that way when gear comes back from repair I'll be ready. Grounded untill then.............BUMMER!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:42 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
This is a nice visual study.

waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia