HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:00 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,750 Posts
Kerwin that was an awesome report and glad to hear your T_ _ _ Tin again

Thanks david, actually I'm not diggin this roll of monocote I found its terrible to work with and its coming out all wrinkly, not the type work I usually like to do but hey its an ArF and I just plan on using it as a club trainer and a FPV platform its a fun plane but this thing should have been wrappped in 2 hours I'm going on almost 9 I am definetly done with monocote, from now on its coverite and silk and dope
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:07 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,917 Posts
Waldo are serious? Coverite,silk, and dope?
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:13 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
See Waldo what I'm talking about, way back when. When I was complaining about the monocote these days.
Back in the day, when I had to walk three miles to school, uphill both ways, monocote was simply the best.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:30 AM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
When I re-covered my telemaster with that HK covering, I found I liked how easy it was to use. Then I went to using monocote on my T60 and got disgusted with it real quick.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:37 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
When I re-covered my telemaster with that HK covering, I found I liked how easy it was to use. Then I went to using monocote on my T60 and got disgusted with it real quick.
I like ultracote myself.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:44 AM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
Ultra is nice too. As far as any future covering jobs go, monocote will most likely be my last choice.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:57 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
well it's wet this morning. I almost hate calling it a rain. We're in a bad drought.
All I can say is I'm glad I got my flying in yesterday. I don't know what the day will bring.
I charged my twist up after two five minute flights, set up and general jacking with. It only used 147 ma. Thats really hard to believe. This is my 1s exp with LiFe batteries. I think I'm going to like them.
When I put my twist together I put everything in the same location as I did with the plastic motor mount. Well the beam mount must be lighter because my cg is back much futher.
More pics to come. Iborrowed the camera again. LOL
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:59 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
It's nice to know I'm not the only one.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:09 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
I like ultracote myself.
I like it too as long as you mind the heat instructions. I think a lot of the china covering is like ultracote.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:42 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
Some of the really cheap covering somtimes has the clear outside cover lift.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:48 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I like it too as long as you mind the heat instructions. I think a lot of the china covering is like ultracote.
I heard from Ben that the Chinese covering and ultracote are vastly different, and that he once polled his customers to find out which they would prefer: ultracote and a little higher cost of the ARF, or chinacote and a little lower price...everyone voted for a little higher cost and true Ultracote.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:56 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
I heard from Ben that the Chinese covering and ultracote are vastly different, and that he once polled his customers to find out which they would prefer: ultracote and a little higher cost of the ARF, or chinacote and a little lower price...everyone voted for a little higher cost and true Ultracote.
Yeah, they are different, no question, china cote simply behaves more like ultracote then monokote was all that was meant. You dont need be nearly as picky with the area being covered, it is a heavier thickness material. The Baby 3DHS birds are not ultracote, they are a different brand, possibly chinacote.

I am with Kerwin, I think the chinacote covering tends to lift and needs more care to keep edges from lifting.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:50 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
I don't care for Ultra so much. It forever keeps wrinkling.

Mono takes a lot of heat. That is sometimes hard to work with as it feels thicker and you need all the heat. It seems to stay put better though.

I have been happy with the covering from HK so far.

Not a lot of experience with Coverite.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:23 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,917 Posts
Heck with all the bad experiences y'all have with covering, I'm thinking of using saran wrap and spit! Or, perhaps tissue with a little watered-down white glue.....paper grocery bags and paste.........
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:26 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Heck with all the bad experiences y'all have with covering, I'm thinking of using saran wrap and spit! Or, perhaps tissue with a little watered-down white glue.....paper grocery bags and paste.........
Maybe just cover the entire plane with blenderm tape.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia