HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:08 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,431 Posts
Thats good to hear DOG! Tell her Snowman wishes her a quick recovery as well as her family.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:47 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I ran into a little snag... there is a problem with one of my wings or something. There is a 1/8 inch gap because the wing tube appears to be too long. Well, I went out to get my old wing tube to compare and they are exactly the same length. I guess I'll have to cut a little off one. I would do it tonight by I'd reap the wrath of my wife and my neighbors Otherwise everything has gone together pretty nicely. My servos are having some trouble centering but I think it is because of the new ball links. I'm hoping it gets better as they break in a bit after a few flights.These servos were perfect on my last slick so I don't think they have gone bad or anything.
Nate you and I are thinking along the same lines, even though we know better.
Myself I have an aileron servo on the twist that it flutters one position. Still I'm thinking of flying her.
Those servo's not centering is going to be hard to trim and an not fly right. If it's the linkages get some Dubro's
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:53 AM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
Barthanke That sounds like the same problem I had with my Big Stik . Every thing Worked fine on the twist but went I put them in the stik the servos would not stay centered. They would stop off center one time then next time , move the sticks and they would center, move them again and would stop off center. I am sending receiver and servos in to be checked. Something is going on with them.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:18 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerwin49 View Post
check out my new icon!
Awesome LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
:confused
83 today.
The confused was for the stroke me off LOL
And -14 yesterday here with wind chills -7 this morning, we're warming back up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I often wonder if it is some glue at the end of the tube channel that causes that.

Snowy, things continue to improve as the complete surgery <s> on the daughter inlaw from what we can tell so we are hopeful there are no set backs.
DOG I was going to say the same thing, I'm pretty sure there is an obstruction in the wing tube channel, Glue, or even a drilled hole not so drilled type thing. Great news on the Daughter-inlaw prayers still coming your way.

Brathanke at least, look down the wing hole and see if you can see something different from one wing to the other and flip the rod around and see where it goes to in each half, maybe put it inside one wing and use a piece of masking tape where it stops, and then check to see if it goes in further or less on the other wing half. Get a nice big drill bit and mark that with masking tape also where it stops on the wing with the best debth, and then re bore the "bad" wing, I'd do it by hand slowly spinning the bit backwards then slightly forward until it goes through, (which is also a great way to do it at night so you don't use a power tool waking up the house and neighbors LOL) be careful though. sometimes spinning a bit to slow will crack the hole your trying to drill, or just cut the wing tube as you said, but you may want to make sure its the wing tube before you cut it as if the hole ever opens up after use then the wing tube could start to slide in and out, which wouldn't be a great thing, but probably not really a problem anyway.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:46 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I ran into a little snag... there is a problem with one of my wings or something. There is a 1/8 inch gap because the wing tube appears to be too long. Well, I went out to get my old wing tube to compare and they are exactly the same length. I guess I'll have to cut a little off one. I would do it tonight by I'd reap the wrath of my wife and my neighbors Otherwise everything has gone together pretty nicely. My servos are having some trouble centering but I think it is because of the new ball links. I'm hoping it gets better as they break in a bit after a few flights.These servos were perfect on my last slick so I don't think they have gone bad or anything.
I think there may be an obstruction also. Just stick it in the short side, put a board on the end of the tube and hit it with a hammer until it stops.

OK, I was kidding.

I have an inspection scope I use to look at stuff like that. It comes in handy. It is great for inspecting a plane after an unscheduled landing.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:48 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I looked it up.

s-t-r-o-g-a-n-o-f-f

I missed it by three letters.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:40 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,431 Posts
Ok Wayne, but now we discover you have an "inspection scope" which opens up a whole new can of worms!!!!!!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:52 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,042 Posts
ROTFLOL

Well just sprayed the Raider with some nice flat clear Lustercote its all dry and the covering can begin tonight as I think the oil soaked wood is now dry enough to except the covering Hmmmm I wonder if I even have enough to start the wrapping process lol I never looked to see what i have DOH!!!! maybe it will be multicolored lol
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:41 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,431 Posts
Waldo, did you do that at work?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:55 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,042 Posts
Yes LOL It took all of about 3 minutes I was going to do it at the house last night after the wife went to bed but we got a call around 8:30 saying they want to show our house this Sunday So being below 0 I couldn't do it outdoors and the wife would have killed me If I stink up the place as it takes about 4 days for that beautiful Scent to leave the basement LOL I didn't want to wait until after Sunday to wrap this plane as I want to get on my Bipe or speedy bee by next weekend if possible
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:16 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,431 Posts
LOL leave it you Waldo!!!!! It's no wonder my incoming mail don't smell for perfume anymore!!!!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:51 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,042 Posts
I'm not federal so I wouldn't be sending you mail from My room anyway lol unless you got on some sort of mailing list for NY and I ended up doing a presorted mailing for a company you had to deal with would be the only way This place would be sending anything to you. I think the odds are better for you to hit a NY lottery LOL ORRRRRrr if I personally send you something you could get something from Me
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:59 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,431 Posts
You're not federal????? And you work for the USPS????? What am I missing here? Every USPS employee is a federal employee, yes?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:00 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,431 Posts
I'm all for winning the NY lottery.........you'll have to send me some foul smelling tickets!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:43 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
I think where Waldo works is like where my wife works . They do mailings, they insseart and sort mail ,get it ready for USPS. They have a USPS worker on site , she only sings off on the mail after the work is done. The people in mail center get alot of work and low pay, the USPS worker sings paper work and gets high pay.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer