SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:30 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
That's awesome news snowman!! Thank God! I can't imagine how relieved you and Mrs. Snowman must be!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:35 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Great News!!!! Fibroadenoma not cancer! WooHoo......Thanks for the positive thoughts and prayers my friends!!!

snowman that is the best news of the day, for sure! We celebrate with you!
Praise God.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:21 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
755 Posts
Club Twistaholic

Wonderful news Snowman. To God be the glory.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:33 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Great news snowy.

Well I did manage to get a flight in. I went out to the property today. I took the little Edge with me. Now when I got to the field it was all over grown. So this 12 yro girl that lives out at the property offered to hand lanch me.
We went through the lanch sequence about a 1/2 dozen times and to my suprize she did a nice job hand lanching.
Now the temp was 20 somthing with the wind out of the east at about 6mph. I made a couple of patterns while retrimming her. I worked on my hovers at 1st. I was really chasing her hard. I then did some KE's and KE spins. I also did a couple of flat spins. But after 5 minutes I was ready to land. Thank goodness it's a Leccy. Anyways I had another batt but I thought I'd warm up.

On a passing note I got a piece of nyrod and got my throttle working for the twist BUT now I've lost my motor mount bolts.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:36 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Congrats Snowman.

I am home. Miss my brother already. We always have a great time. Not so much when we were kids.

Big Stick maiden went perfect. Two perfect landings. We had windy, crosswind conditions but that has never been a problem on a Big Stik. The engine is making a lot of noise. I guess there have been too many unscheduled landings.

I have to build another FireFly this week.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:49 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,332 Posts
Snowy, that is good news, however I am sorry to hear about your friend tower. Our daughter in law finally was stable enough to have her leg pin surgery today.

Just got back from a couple days in Long Island ny, 2100 miles since Thursday afternoon....... Brain has checked out.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:52 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Snowy, that is good news, however I am sorry to hear about your friend tower. Our daughter in law finally was stable enough to have her leg pin surgery today.

Just got back from a couple days in Long Island ny, 2100 miles since Thursday afternoon....... Brain has checked out.
wow Ron, I thought 200+ miles in one day was alot...but that's peanuts compared to your mileage! Take a break and relax!

Good news about your daughter in law!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:03 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Great News!!!! Fibroadenoma not cancer! WooHoo......Thanks for the positive thoughts and prayers my friends!!!
That's great, really cool to,hear.

You mention USA poor engineering I find that with new fords

Old USA trucks are far better and cheaper repairs

I almost not want to buy anything new these days

I swear older is better

I bet even glue joints and production quality is far greater 5 years ago or so with twist 40

Manufacturers design and make stuff to last way longer

Sell rc planes cheap but make money on parts

You can buy new f150 for 1
$16000 but repairs are 1000$
Each time

Horizon hobby at least has great customer relations
Ford are
With really poor engineering for the future and its customers
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:06 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,332 Posts
Will do mike!

New fords are Mazda.....

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3bd_1356778885
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:10 AM
United States, NJ, Middletown
Joined May 2012
419 Posts
Snow/Dog: Congrats on both your great bits of health related news!!

Quick question: Finally received all the pieces for my osiris and I started taking a look at the LifePO4 packs I bought from HK as they arrived today along with the 5s packs. They are 2S1P and have a JST connector and a balance connector. Since this will be my electric and use of LifePO4 rx pack I am at a bit of a loss. Do I remove the JST connector and replace with JR/Futaba servo connector? If I want to charge in the plane is there a charge switch available that does JST to battery and extends also the balance plug to outside the airframe? Any help is appreciated!

Also, I have been throwing together a new charging station with 3 x Turnigy Accucel 6 and 1 x Powerlab 8 running 24volts on 2 x Dell Server Power Supplies. If anyone is interested I can share the details on it and some picks. Would also be interested in your experiences with field charging since we don't have AC at the field, I have been powering the PS off my running truck through an inverter. Won't be enough to run the PL8 but all of the AC6's should be able to run. Are you guys using Deep Cycle, Inverter generator?

Hope all is well!
joshgluck is online now Find More Posts by joshgluck
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:28 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,075 Posts
I run my field charger right off my car battery. My charger maxes out at 250 watts though so it is nothing compared to the PL8. Rather than taking multiple chargers to the field have you considered parallel charging? I really love my paraboard from epbuddy.com.

On the LiFe packs I guess you have two choices. Replace the connectors or make/buy an adapter. If it were me I'd replace the connectors. And just fyi valuehobby.com sells LiFe rx packs that have multiple servo connector type leads. They are pretty cheap and shipping is pretty quick sine they are in the U.S. Just a thought...
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:30 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,075 Posts
I made this video tonight to teach torque rolling for the 3dpedia found here.

Torque Roll Tutorial (3 min 24 sec)
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:19 AM
Wichita, Ks
Joined Jun 2005
1,986 Posts
Just had to chime in ... glad to hear it snowman.

Sounds like a good reason to buy a new airplane.

-Eric
rccardude04 is offline Find More Posts by rccardude04
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:24 AM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
Good news Snowman, all so stay warm. Dog good news , you keep driveing and maybe you wiil get million mile award.LOL
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:34 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Well I thought maybe we would skip winter here, but now such luck. Now as for the snow, there is none. This is good and bad. Good that I don't have to deal with it. Bad is that we are really short of water. All of our ponds and lakes are down with many of them dry.
Boy I sure miss my camera. I'd take a bunch of pics of my twist build.
I glued 1/2" by 1/2"by 3" spruce sticks on the cheeks of the fuse, for a motor mount. My OS 61 fits perfect.
I located some nyrod and ran my throttle linkage, and installed the fuel tank.
On the wing from the center of the bolt hole back was all broken off.
I took a 4" 3/32 balsa and ca's it on the bottom side of the wing, leaving about a inch and a 1/2 or so. I glued the grains 90 degrees to each other.
I then glued a 1/2 by 1/4 balsa stick the the sheeting and back side of the wing.shaping the block to fit 1st. After glueing I finished up with a wood rasp. I then wrapped the whole thing with fiberglass cloth.
The landing gear is on but it a bit bent up and beat up.
The work continues.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50