HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:04 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
One degree of separation between the Moon and Jupiter tonight.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:28 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,445 Posts
I found this interesting from the designer of the xps nano. I am not sure how fuel line would be viewed but I had no idea plastics could have negative affects on reception on the 2.4 antennas.

From Jim
"DO NOT EVER put any type of plastic material around the Nano antenna wires! The range can be reduced to nearly nothing if you do! Some plastics have a capacitive property and will change the antenna tuning! Remember, the board itself is part of the antenna tuning, so it is critical that you don't put any plastic, tape, etc. over the edge of the board where the antenna wires are located. If you are concerned about getting it wet, use a balloon and poke two holes for the antenna wires and put the receiver inside of the balloon. Let the wires pass out of the normal opening for the balloon and tie it off to prevent water from entering. Balloons do not have capacitive properties and work great for protecting the Nano."
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:05 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Great, now my Rx antennas have to wear condoms
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:07 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
One degree of separation between the Moon and Jupiter tonight.
But how many degrees of separation is that from Kevin Bacon?
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:22 AM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Extreme cold has caused a rear spring to snap on the 2010 Ford Focus!!! $225 out the window! Furnace is running non-stop and it's -11 degrees outside!!!!! I have to blow snow twice a day in this cold!!!!! We've been averaging 6-8 inches a day, which isn't bad, but this cold is a bugger!!!!
That's cold and snowy
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:23 AM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Not lubricated as they conduct energy in lots of ways
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:59 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post

.hhhhave....t ttto.....refffrain.....mmmmyselfff.....frommmm.... .smmmmarrrtttassssss.......commmebackkkk.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:46 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,046 Posts
Tower so sorry to hear of your friend thats a bummer for sure. and I have to say something is wrong with that rx if your servos don't center even after you adjusted them mechanically

Quote:
.hhhhave....t ttto.....refffrain.....mmmmyselfff.....frommmm.... .smmmmarrrtttassssss.......commmebackkkk.
Oh Go ahead snowman I want to hear it in a Poets language and tough luck on the Auto and of course it would have to break when there was much snow on the ground it the law of physics in play here.

Billy did a fantastic job on the Tweplica

Wayne nice Moon Jup pic

Snowdog loved the lil red wagon Truck LOLOL

Well very cold and not so snowy here I think we hit 0 this morning How on earth can there be No tempeture it has to be something

Well I was a busy boy this weekend we did a Flash mob 50th Birthday party suprise for my Cuz, we all met at a location and then all drove to the house at the same time, She was sure shocked what a cool way to have a party, one minute your sitting at home vacuuming the next thing you know your house is filled with 15 or so people and a plethora of food completely transforming your house from a quiet setting to a complete party in under 2 minutes LOL

And yup Building season has finally begun for me well repair season first. but I was restoring this yesterday here and there.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:15 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Very nice picture Wayne. Are you back home now?
DOG being an old RF man I can see this. The higher you go in frequency the more the rf wave wants to bounce and reflect off of. Many years ago we use to bounce signals off of the moon. When transmitting through a solid or liquid, low band is the only way possible.

Snowy, heck yes cold is hard on metal. Back in the winter of 1983 my brother managed to snap a drive shaft in -20 degree temps.
I'm still attempting to hibernate, though it's not working. Too many things to do.
I bolted the wing to the twist Last night and found damage on the wing sheeting where the bolt hole is. My tail wheel is nowhere to be found and I have no more nyrod for a throttle hook up.
Ok my coffee is cold and my twist awaits me.
Stay warm my friends
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:22 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,435 Posts
I heard some McDonalds had a promotion where you only pay for a McDouble what the temp was the day before.............if that was the case at our local McD's........they's be paying us 11 cents to take one of their burgers off their hands.......funny thing is.....they couldn't pay me to eat them!!!!!

More bad news.......dang air suspension ride on the Town Car doesn't like the extreme cold........so I'm bringing my daughter to her appointment in a frigid low-rider! It's so cold here that the heater can't keep up and the windows don't even want to defrost! Brrrrrrrr
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:54 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,046 Posts
Snowman I used to plug a hair dryer into the house and lay the dryer on the dash of my 65 lincoln to defrost my windows and preheat the car there was some problem with the Vacuum line that opened the deflectors so I couldn't get heat, I eventually was able to plug up the line in order to get heat out of the dashboard vents so then I duct taped a big ol hose onto the drivers side vent and ran that up on the dash for defrost purposes, We never did get it working correctly and I sold the car eventually.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Last edited by Waldopepperaxe; Jan 22, 2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:35 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Careful snowy you'll be putting on a set of airbags.
The problem with linclon's is the blend door. It'll never allow that air to become super heated.
Now guys the problem I have is my wife is going through the change. So she can't stand the heat. Just the other day I was having to scrap the frost off the inside of my windshield because momma didn't want the defrost on. And it was only in the mid 20's
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:45 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,435 Posts
Yeah, these Lincolns weren't designed for this type of weather........for instance.....it has dual climate controls.........one for the driver's side and one for the passenger side........what a laugh.........we crank the thermostat up to the max (90degrees) and let her rip.......the problem is the sheer volume of the interior and the large amount of glass! It just can't heat up in this cold. Heat is transferred to the glass and the wind is wicking the heat off faster than it can be piped to the interior!. I'm thinking of throwing a milkhouse heater on a board on a seat and plugging it in to an outlet outside.......at least the seats will be warm! I think I'll go do that now!
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:53 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,199 Posts
Hi guys... nice reading this morning... Someone put in an order for twistaholics branded "balloons". I wonder if trojan or some company like that would produce a small 1 off batch Hey, they would be multi-use (but only use once).
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:21 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,435 Posts
Great News!!!! Fibroadenoma not cancer! WooHoo......Thanks for the positive thoughts and prayers my friends!!!