HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:12 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,763 Posts
Billy....Welcome!! ....and thats a real beauty!!!
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:18 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Billy I can't wait for the maiden.
Welcome to the madness.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:51 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Great looking Tweplica Billy, congrats on the build!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:12 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,445 Posts
we are back, 1560 miles round trip, 26.5 hours at the wheel and getting up a 4 am to go to Long Island a couple days. <sigh>

Even bigger issue, turned off wife's Dell before we left... Dang thing powers but wont post anything, always something.

Yes, to have pulled both axles on that trailer away from the frame is wild. Not sure if that is a fixer upper of if there is a new trailer in someones future, but that is a solid hit.

They had to change her pain meds, it was shutting down her breathing and heart, since then they have seen an over all improvement for the last day... Hate when the meds work against you.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:33 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,580 Posts
Here's a fun article that was forwarded to me today by a fellow club member:
http://biggeekdad.com/2010/10/radio-flyer-car/

Looks like I wont be flying today:

Quote:
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL
357 AM CST MON JAN 21 2013
...WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 9 AM
CST TUESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CHICAGO HAS ISSUED A WIND CHILL
ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 9 AM CST
TUESDAY.

* WIND CHILL VALUES...20 BELOW TO 25 BELOW ZERO THIS EVENING
THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING.

* OTHER IMPACTS...WITH WIND CHILL VALUES THIS LOW...FROSTBITE TO
EXPOSED SKIN CAN OCCUR IN 30 MINUTES.
Good thing my furnace went out two weeks ago (and has been repaired) instead of today!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:46 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Well I woke up this morning and it's cold and breezy, around 6 mph but hey at 15 degrees that 6 mph wind is a bite.
I can only imagine some of my other poor brothers, like snowy, Mt Flyer, and the rest of the gang.
Stay warm my friends
I'm getting ready to go into the airplane room. I got the MX ready for testing. So I think I'll put the twist back on the bench.
And try to avoid going out anytime to soon today.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:46 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Snowdog you slipped that in on me.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:47 AM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
I tryed to fly the Stik this weekend but have yet to get in the air. I cranked the engine and did range check and the ailerons servos would not stat centered. Even after I suth the engine down I could center them up, ever tried machinal adjustment, would line them up even with TE of wing tip, work the stik afew times and they woule stop about the same up on right wing ,donw on left. I am going to just give up and send recever and servos in for check out and repair.

But I did get to fly Saturday and Sunday, was going to take pictuers and batterys in cam. went dead ( I thank I'm jencked). It was windy Saturday was forcast to be 5mph wind, was more 25mph, yesterday there about 8 people out flying. Most of time the Sunday flyers are one other member and me. It sunny and not to cool we had a great time.
ON a sad note one of my flying buddys has cancer and was put on hostis care this week, he will not be around long.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:07 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,434 Posts
Tower.......my heart goes out to you! My only flying buddy died and left me all by my lonesome.....it sucks flying alone!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:26 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
Snowman I wont be alone but he will be missed by all of us. He can tune an engine like no one else in the club. I thank he has a tac. in his ear, he can tune by ear better than some can with a tac.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:04 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,434 Posts
Extreme cold has caused a rear spring to snap on the 2010 Ford Focus!!! $225 out the window! Furnace is running non-stop and it's -11 degrees outside!!!!! I have to blow snow twice a day in this cold!!!!! We've been averaging 6-8 inches a day, which isn't bad, but this cold is a bugger!!!!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:07 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Extreme cold has caused a rear spring to snap on the 2010 Ford Focus!!! $225 out the window! Furnace is running non-stop and it's -11 degrees outside!!!!! I have to blow snow twice a day in this cold!!!!! We've been averaging 6-8 inches a day, which isn't bad, but this cold is a bugger!!!!
Hunker down and hang in there snowman! We've got some extreme cold but no snow, thankfully.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:12 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Tower, sorry to hear about your flying buddy.
On your DLE 20 it sounds like either your cap is not all the way down to the compression spring or your boot is bad. I use a hose clamp on my spark plug cap. I also beveled the edges of the spark plug to make the cap slide on easier. Are you using that spring that goes into the cap for a plug to cap ground? I would look at these issues before sending the rx an servos in. Also keep 12 inches isolation beteewn the EI and RX
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:47 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
Kerwin the problem is not inaferance just bad servos,HS645's are NOT suppose to hum, they sound like digitals that hum. I was told I could send them for repaire cheaper than replaceing. They are the same ones I had in 150 twist when it came to a suddent stop, same recever also. I will have them checked out ,just to be safe.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:07 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tower flyer View Post
I tryed to fly the Stik this weekend but have yet to get in the air. I cranked the engine and did range check and the ailerons servos would not stat centered. Even after I suth the engine down I could center them up, ever tried machinal adjustment, would line them up even with TE of wing tip, work the stik afew times and they woule stop about the same up on right wing ,donw on left. I am going to just give up and send recever and servos in for check out and repair.

But I did get to fly Saturday and Sunday, was going to take pictuers and batterys in cam. went dead ( I thank I'm jencked). It was windy Saturday was forcast to be 5mph wind, was more 25mph, yesterday there about 8 people out flying. Most of time the Sunday flyers are one other member and me. It sunny and not to cool we had a great time.
ON a sad note one of my flying buddys has cancer and was put on hostis care this week, he will not be around long.
Sorry about your friend Tower.

I agree on getting the equipment checked out. Maybe you can just replace them on this plane while you wait for the repair news.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia