SweeeeeeT!! Ill let you fix my nose anytime
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:27 PM
RC = Drama Free
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,683 Posts
We are at St Louis university hospital, Jen's son is being release this evening but his wife will be here for a couple weeks easy and the moving to a rehab facility at a Illinois hospital. They just keep finding more and more bones and such as time goes on.

Her son has a bit of a long road too but things are looking good.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:24 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
We are at St Louis university hospital, Jen's son is being release this evening but his wife will be here for a couple weeks easy and the moving to a rehab facility at a Illinois hospital. They just keep finding more and more bones and such as time goes on.

Ron,
As always, a mix of good and bad news. We'll definitely be keeping you all in prayer as the days go forward.
Peace,
Mike
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:36 PM
RC = Drama Free
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,683 Posts
Thanks mike.... Hospital is on a flu lock down, visitors must be 18 or older or they can't go in. Strange process, I guess an 18 year old flu carrier is ok to spread the joy.

Hospitals are not my favorite place.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:27 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,562 Posts
Glad things are looking up DOG, Prayers and best wishes for rapid recovery for all.

Waldo on the road ............... 'course, no video, didn't happen
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:40 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMatta View Post
Glad things are looking up DOG, Prayers and best wishes for rapid recovery for all.

Waldo on the road ............... 'course, no video, didn't happen
Ditto in both cases!!

Hang in there Ron, and thanks for keeping us posted.
plowboy1966 is online now Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:44 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,263 Posts
Bob, remember the maiden of Christine? As I recall it was gale force winds in the gorge and her throttle stuck at about three quarter throttle about two minutes into the flight. Had to run her out of fuel and do a down wind landing because there is no way she would have flown up wind dead stick! That us probably the longest that 1.80 ever ran on one tank of fuel!

Christine is an Ultra Stick Lite 1.20, so it seems there is a pattern here with Sticks and maiden flights!!
plowboy1966 is online now Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:39 PM
United States, NJ, Middletown
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post

DOG

Glad to hear they are both going to recover even though it is going to be a long road ahead. Best of luck to them, and thoughts and prayers.

Josh
joshgluck is online now Find More Posts by joshgluck
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:41 PM
United States, NJ, Middletown
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
Ok tower - now I really need to sit and finish mine. :-P
joshgluck is online now Find More Posts by joshgluck
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:38 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,652 Posts
I spent some time cleaning off my workbench today. Ended up tossing 12 lipos into a salt water bath. Boy that is a really sad day when you dispose of them. I bet they are still bubbling out there lol. I had no idea I had accumulated that many "I no longer trust this battery and will never fly it again" packs.

I had a funky failure in my 2s lipo I had been using to power my rx and servos in the 70" slick. The last time I took it out of the plane to charge I got a low voltage error. It was weird because I hadn't flown it much since it was charged and it was disconnected from everything. Today I tried to resurrect it or at least find out what was going on with it. After working with it a bit on the Pb setting I got it to take a charge on the lipo setting. It jumped right up to 8.4v in less than 200 mah but one cell was struggling to balance. It sat like that for 2 hours or so until the charger finally timed out. The oonfig of the pack is 2s 2p. I think it dropped one of the 4 cells. After the time out I put it on discharge mode. It was done in about 30 seconds lol. I guess it is going in the salt bin with the other packs now. $15+shipping down the drain...
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:15 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I spent some time cleaning off my workbench today. Ended up tossing 12 lipos into a salt water bath. Boy that is a really sad day when you dispose of them. I bet they are still bubbling out there lol. I had no idea I had accumulated that many "I no longer trust this battery and will never fly it again" packs.

I had a funky failure in my 2s lipo I had been using to power my rx and servos in the 70" slick. The last time I took it out of the plane to charge I got a low voltage error. It was weird because I hadn't flown it much since it was charged and it was disconnected from everything. Today I tried to resurrect it or at least find out what was going on with it. After working with it a bit on the Pb setting I got it to take a charge on the lipo setting. It jumped right up to 8.4v in less than 200 mah but one cell was struggling to balance. It sat like that for 2 hours or so until the charger finally timed out. The oonfig of the pack is 2s 2p. I think it dropped one of the 4 cells. After the time out I put it on discharge mode. It was done in about 30 seconds lol. I guess it is going in the salt bin with the other packs now. $15+shipping down the drain...
Sorry Nate. Those electrics are really economical and reliable.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:18 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,652 Posts
Gas and glow use batteries too lol.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:52 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,545 Posts
DOG the best to you and Jen and a speedy recovery for the kids man that has to be a bummer.

Brathanke wow that's a serious loss of bats I have to say I still have every engine I've ever purchased except that ST lol

Nomatta yes Waldo goes on the road big rig style occasionally lol so look out I only drive rigs when I'm bringing emergency supplies for disaster relief, the hard part is not being a disaster myself lol it was a year since I drove before hurricane sandy and then this was my 3rd trip in 3 months. A little more rig time would make me a little more comfortable but we rent from Ryder so its not like we have a rig sitting around to just jump in and stay tuned up.

Plow I remeber that stick story lol and my Ultra stick likes to conk out on high speed dives, dang evolution engine lol
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:53 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,465 Posts
DOG I wish your stepson and family all the luck in the world. Ron hospitals are a great place to get sick at. Be careful. BTW On the news tonight they said because of a child's imune system, when they cough. They send out several times the amount of an adult.

Well today it was windy. But along late afternoon , having the little MX in the car, I thought what the heck. My buddy Mike launched her and I made 3 patterns. Every pattern ended up being down wind just a bit father. Then she got into the cedars. He ran and retreived her while I walked to twist field. Now I'd been going through flying withdraw real bad so of course I just had to have him give her another toss. Even though mind you I had torn half the left aileron loose.
Anyways into the wind she went. I really tried tacking her in the wind using the elevator. Aftera couple of passes with that left aileron flopping up on me . I landed her about 50 ft down wind.
I want to fly today but I gotta go deliver a doberman to omaha.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:43 AM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
Ron good to hear about your step son and his wife ,even though it is going to a long time .
I found what caused the servo to die , the wire to the motor came loose from terminal. I soldered it back on, it works good as new. I will move it to rudder. I will maiden the stik today if every thing checks out . Maybe I will not be struck be lighting or something.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer