HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:44 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMatta View Post
A-1, A-1, A-1, YEAH A-1 (or of course ketchup, goes on anything, 'cept bacon )
Ketchup not so good on motor boxes Bob Dried out, over cooked beef, maybe that would help. NEVER on bacon
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:46 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
While we are talkin' bacon, I don't eat bacon often, but when I do, I prefer shatter bacon.

Shatter bacon? That is bacon that is so crispy that if you tap it on a plate it shatters.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:47 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Look at all the stuff on a burger. That is just ground up steak after all.

Two all beef patties, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, special sauce on a sesame seed bun.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:48 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Oh, and I am making waffles in the morning. I plan to use butter, blackberries, and syrup on them too. I could cook them rare with batter leaking out when you cut them open but I like mine crispy. My wife puts peanut butter on them. I think that is sick but...
While in Tampa, I got some Blueberry pancakes off the buffet line at the hotel and forgot the syrup.... There was 2 things preventing me from getting it, so I just ate them without... 1 was too damn tired to get back up, 2 was my plate was being stalked.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:50 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,020 Posts
Man my 5 yr old would live on bacon if you let him. I cooked up a pound one morning and gave everyone in the family 2 slices and left the rest for second helpings. While everyone else was eating their pancakes he snuck over and grabbed all the remaining bacon and quickly licked each piece so nobody else would want it. It worked for him once but now I got my eye on him when bacon is involved
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:52 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Man my 5 yr old would live on bacon if you let him. I cooked up a pound one morning and gave everyone in the family 2 slices and left the rest for second helpings. While everyone else was eating their pancakes he snuck over and grabbed all the remaining bacon and quickly licked each piece so nobody else would want it. It worked for him once but now I got my eye on him when bacon is involved
I have that issue with my 11 year old daughter..... Short of holding a knife to her, no one will get any bacon... We dont do no shattering bacon... I thought over cooked bacon in the south was illegal... Wait... that was runny eggs in New York.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:58 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Oh no! Not runny eggs!

AAGGGGggggggggggggg!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:21 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,283 Posts
Dang... mention runny eggs and the entire thread shuts down... Its a thread DOS attack.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:45 AM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
Mmmmm. Runny eggs. Peanut butter on a hamburger ain't bad either. I'm kind of a peanut butterahollic.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:54 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,221 Posts
Chris that's just sick! (But given your job.......you probably need all the protein you can stomach!)
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:06 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,221 Posts
I don't mind what Wayne calls "shatter bacon" unless it's a soft crunch (you get that with a nice fatty bacon).......not the super crunch of a lean bacon that's overcooked! I don't know why I had to revisit this topic........but I had to put it out there! Some things just can't go unsaid!!!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:11 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
I don't mind what Wayne calls "shatter bacon" unless it's a soft crunch (you get that with a nice fatty bacon).......not the super crunch of a lean bacon that's overcooked! I don't know why I had to revisit this topic........but I had to put it out there! Some things just can't go unsaid!!!
No, I like the lean stuff. In fact, I like it like they have in England. I cut ham up in little pieces and the cook it to crunchy stage. It is great on salads, bakers, etc. Nice and lean and crunchy.

On my first trip to England, I ordered bacon with breakfast. The brought a giant slice of ham with the bone in it. I told them I ordered bacon. They said, "This IS bacon." I told them I wanted the strips that you fry and it gets crispy. They said, "Oh, you mean streaky bacon!" Well I guess it is streaky.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:15 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,221 Posts
Wayne, that kinda crunch jars the brain and cuts your gums........it's torture for your mouth.........like when we were kids......eating two bowls of Captain Crunch in a row! The inside of your mouth was shredded! You must love pain!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:19 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I never thought of it that way but I like Capt'n Crunch as a snack right out of the box. It does chew your mouth up a bit.

I remember when CC came out. I went over to a cousin's house. He said they were giving cereal samples away at a nearby store. We went and got as many as they would let us have. We ate it dry and it was great. It did make the mouth sore, a little.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:33 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,221 Posts
I haven't eaten cold breakfast cereal in years......I'm the clog your arteries kinda guy! Eggs and bacon, bacon and eggs, eggs, hashbrowns, n bacon, eggs, cornbeef hash and bacon, fried potatoes, onions, with eggs n bacon......once in a great while.......a bowl of farina or coco wheats.........and a bowl of oatmeal once every five years or so.