Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:48 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,367 Posts
Sad to hear. My boss told me "life is a series of dogs". I have a 10 year old bassett hound. She's slowed down a lot. She's my first dog, Bought her right before I turned 20. The day will come where she WAS my first dog. It will be a very sad day. Don't think we will ever have another after this one. I can understand not wanting to get another.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 08:48 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,927 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dog Wayne!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jan 09, 2013, 09:21 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,353 Posts
I've had two dogs in my life...one was Missy, a white german shepard that I grew up with; she lost her back legs and my parents had to put her down when I was about 15...that was tough. Then we got a dog when our first child was three years old...Winnie, a black lab/german shepard mix; she was as black as Missy was white. Winnie was about 15 years old when she got cancer and we had to put her down. Last October we had to put down our 19 year old cat when she lost use of her back end. This is the first time in our married life that we have been without a pet. Wayne, I'm sorry for your loss; I know this is tough; hang in there; we're all mourning with you.

Our son and daughter in law have a dog that we really love to see when we visit them or they visit us. That helps a bit. Kerwin, your advice is good; even though this is our first time without a pet, and that is hard in itself, it is a good transition time into whatever comes next.

Peace,
Mike
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:03 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,460 Posts
Sorry about your dog Wayne
Maybe it's time for a new puppy
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:41 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,757 Posts
Sorry to hear about the Pup Wayne, If your a dog lover you will most likely get another but as Kerwin said its best to decide a little later.

Well I been sick for about 3 days Still home frm Work today but at least my eyes aren't watering all over the keys and flem shooting all over the monitor at 4,000 mph I hate colds, Anyway Good to catch back up here I have to step away again As glasses on to read the screan is making my eyes water again lol DOH!!!
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:45 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,864 Posts
Get better Waldo! I'm feeling almost 100% better now btw. I feel like I have a new lease on life lol.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:12 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
Get better Waldo. I think the flu is in season. I need to be really careful
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:28 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
I would just like to get over what ever this is, it has been around for two weeks.

Wayne sorry about the dog.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:30 PM
Unregistered User
United States, MO, Winston
Joined Jan 2011
800 Posts
Yeah Waldo, like the other Kerwin said, be very careful.
I personally, haven't allowed the other Kerwin to kiss me the past 3 weeks.
I hate getting sick!
Kerwin49 is offline Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:38 PM
Unregistered User
United States, MO, Winston
Joined Jan 2011
800 Posts
My dog died last September, he was only 8 years old. We said that we were not going to get another dog. It was hard coming home from work and not having my little buddy meeting me at the door. Well about 6 weeks went by when we saw some old friends of ours. At one point in the conversation they said that they needed to find a home for a dog. The owner was an elderly lady that had passed away and the dog needed a new home. We decided to go visit the dog to see if it would fit into our family. She has been with us since and is loved by our whole family. Many mornings I find her sleeping in bed with my youngest son.
Animals seem to find away into our lives and make it better...
Kerwin49 is offline Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Old Jan 09, 2013, 04:18 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,552 Posts
Sorry bout the pup broski.

Had several over the years. First was a Irish Setter. She was a doll, great disposition, loved to get out and go play with the kids down the street. Always found her down there...till one day, and never saw her again. Second was a Visla/Yellow Lab mix. Got them in Raleigh as pups (mom got one of her brothers). We named the male Comet cause that comet with aileins was flyin around then. The female was a dumb stupid loving sweetest thing. I named her Stupid Cupid Drug them back to Texas with us to live in the country. I told mom that one of the two simply would not make it in the country. Naturally it was my stupid female. She got shot (in the back), drug herself home over about three days and I had to put her down. Next one was a mange ridden puppy that showed up at my shop and slept in the storage barn. Even with NO fur you could see the spots on his skin and I thought "he would be cool lookin when his fur grew out" so I took care of him and he became the perfect dog. Did what I told him, rode in the truck, and hated strangers. I taught him "sic em" and he was VERY good at it...lol. I let him run free and the local dogcatcher finally shot him one weekend. I still grieve over that one, my fault, shouldve took better care of him. He had suvived being run over by the forklift (very bad, that was my bad) hit by a car, hit a car, mauled by a pack of dogs, shot with a 223 and came away from it all in one piece but the persistent dogcatcher....I shouldve been smarter.

Now....we have inherited Chases dog. Black lab female. Perfect attitude. I said I would never have a large dog in the house....she has her own door. I said I would never let a dog on the furniture....she sleeps on the couch. I said I would never let a dog beg while I ate.....for goodness sakes she eats off my silverware I said I would NEVER let a dog in bed with me.....she goes to sleep with us everynight in the bed (and its gettin crowded lol) Same with mom....she said she could NEVER tolerate the fur flyin everwhere....she vacuums every couple days.

All I can say is .....LOL
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Jan 09, 2013, 08:34 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
Well I've made it back from the city. I stopped at the hobby shop and bought me a new glow igniter for 15 bucks. Since I got the club trainer and the twist I figured I'd get me an Igniter.
For the past two or three years I've been using K49's. I almost bought a fuel pump, but I'm on a limited income.
I also picked up a prop and some small nylon bolts for my flying buddy Jim.
Yes we are hoping to have a flyday tomorrow. I've got my fingers crossed.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:59 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,864 Posts
Hey guys, I found this to be on-topic with the current topic My wife came across this on pintrest tonite and we both found it hilarious.

Dog Mimics Child- Alaskan Malamute copies the little baby (0 min 34 sec)
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:48 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,367 Posts
Ugh, day 7 of whoopin the Wookster into shape.

No beer,

No fast food,

No eating out,

no sweets,

no sitting on the sofa,

no fun.

Dusted off the gym card and started doing that too. Poor gal at the checkin counter apparently has no sense of humor. When she scanned my gym card I said "first time back in the gym in a long time, lets hope your defibrilator is charged." She just gave me a wide eyed look. Oh well, nice to get moving again.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:28 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,927 Posts
Wow, nobody makes that many New Year's resolutions.......bad news from the doc or is this the first time you couldn't see your toes?
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman