HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2013, 01:59 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Thanks guys, I'm glad I read the reviews. I was thinking heck this may be good for dingleberry removal, but have after that I'll have to find another way.

I bet that stuff would be good for removing glow fuel residue, covering, balsa, and probably even CA!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:34 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMatta View Post
OK Gents. Here is a link I hijacked from another forum we all most likely visit in the humor area. Knowing the general mindset of you all, if this don't crack you up, you may be dead. It is posed as an example of British humor. I'm posting it 'cause I need a break to let my sides quit hurting. Slightly risque, but not obscene.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-revi...owViewpoints=0
Lol loved the last one best
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:09 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Great Bob.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:57 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Boy dog your up early?
I'm up but the day is too early to plan. I've got so many things that need to be done.
Being semi retired is not all it's cracked up to be.
Yeah...danged if that wasnt the way to start a morning......

Come all the way to Tampa and for what... Rain.... could have stayed home for that.... At a Hyatt someone build on a bit of swamp land with nothing around.... I am captive to very over priced everything and there is not a place to eat near here.... there is nothing near here.... I can watch planes take off on the other side of the interestate at Tamp International.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:45 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,435 Posts
Spent an hour on the metal lathe.....and another two hours fabricating a fuel tank/fuel line adapter that replaces a $10 grommet. Why? Because it would cost an additional $14 bucks to ship it and I wouldn't get it in less than a week unless I paid an additional $7! Outrageous! The original part degraded because the company failed to inform this consumer that any gasoline with the exception of ethanol-free, premium gasoline would ruin the part! Yet they say any gasoline over 87 is acceptable!!! The thing is.....the tank should have had a threaded boss/lug cast into the tank (it would actually be cheaper), but NO, they cast this humongous hole in the side of the tank and insert a grommet made out of rubber, not urethane which would be alcohol resistant and last a heck of a lot longer than the year the original did! And beside all of that.....the part costs pennies to produce......you want to know why America is slipping.....because manufacturers have only the bottom line in mind.......the consumer is nothing more than a sheep for the fleecing. Needless to say, the fabricated part works flawlessly and will outlast the engine/product. I could have milled a mold out of aluminum in the same time it took to make this part and cast as many as I wanted out of urethane, but I wasn't going to buy into their poor engineering in the least. End of rant.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:52 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,199 Posts
Snowy I don't agree with you about American companies not caring about quality, but it doesn't mean you won't get a poor product sometimes. Every company... even the lauded Toyota (known for amazing quality management and production innovation) comes out with a dud once in a while. If you don't catch a problem at the design phase you have lost 80% of your ability to fix it once it goes to production.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:08 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,613 Posts
I thought this group might appreciate the reviews. I have only got to the third page, cause my sides started hurting too much and I started to hyperventilate.
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:10 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Snowy I don't agree with you about American companies not caring about quality, but it doesn't mean you won't get a poor product sometimes. Every company... even the lauded Toyota (known for amazing quality management and production innovation) comes out with a dud once in a while. If you don't catch a problem at the design phase you have lost 80% of your ability to fix it once it goes to production.

Not that long ago, this seemed to be the Microsoft method. Release before fully tested and let the public trouble shoot it. Result of a lack of meaningful competition in the marketplace.
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:23 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,435 Posts
brathanke........I can appreciate you point of view, but just try to get your TV fixed the next time it goes on the blink. America is no longer about the quality that it once was.....well, in my opinion taking into account the last 50 years.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:21 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
brathanke........I can appreciate you point of view, but just try to get your TV fixed the next time it goes on the blink. America is no longer about the quality that it once was.....well, in my opinion taking into account the last 50 years.

Not long ago Walmart came to our area

Almost everything sold was from USA or Canada in that store when it opened
It was great because of the quality

However

Now almost everything is from china
And quality is poor

But prices are do not go down but up

I still am puzzled why twist 40 v2 has two peice landing gear when one peice original is far better

It's like the manufacturers know things break in time and know we buy more often

All manufacturing seems to be going down in quality, and break down soon after warrantee is done

Things just are not made like they used to be made
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:35 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,199 Posts
Ok I see we actually agree with each other. I was talking about American producers and you are talking about products found to purchase in general. Yes it seems like a lot of consumer products are pretty disposable and you may as well buy a new one rather than seeking repairs. I was thinking about companies like John Deere, Caterpillar, and Callahan break pads
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:42 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
Not long ago Walmart came to our area

Almost everything sold was from USA or Canada in that store when it opened
It was great because of the quality

However

Now almost everything is from china
And quality is poor

But prices are do not go down but up

I still am puzzled why twist 40 v2 has two peice landing gear when one peice original is far better

It's like the manufacturers know things break in time and know we buy more often

All manufacturing seems to be going down in quality, and break down soon after warrantee is done

Things just are not made like they used to be made
This was a prevalent ploy in the 60's and 70's called planned obsolesence. Since then most companies have gone away from it. Most firms interested in making money long term have shown they are willing to pay the cost of quality because they save their reputation and make more in the long run. They also save on customer service and returns. The China stuff is in its own class most of the time and you are right. WalMart is one of China's biggest exporters. There is an interesting documentary based on the premise of "Is WalMart good for America"?
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:09 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Yeah an sam walton is rolling over in his grave. The family went just the oppsite of him.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:27 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,471 Posts
The U.S. just can't compete. Now when it comes to high tech and high quality, I'd go U.S. every time, but lets be honest. You are going to pay a premium. This culture has a real entitlement issue. Lots of my employees feel they are owed everything. The truth is, you can only charge so much for a product, so theres only so much money to pay employees. So what are you going to do? Most companies, they cut quality.

My company....

We hire stoners and hipsters at dirt cheap wages. They can't go anywhere else, hell even mcdonalds drug tests.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:15 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
. I was thinking about companies like John Deere, Caterpillar, and Callahan break pads
Fat Guy in a little Coat!
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy