Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:32 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
Kerwin I know how you feel about being broke , being that is how I always am. I just got my AMA dues paid yesterday and now tring to scrape up enough money to order some wood. I plan to buy or build a plane with some of our income tax return. I'm tring to plan ahead, chickens before they hatch if you will.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:13 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,975 Posts
That's what a splake looks like alright.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:49 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,584 Posts
Good to see you Dad. I know how that wo..... wo........ uh woo.......... the job thing goes. I'm having a rough time getting any play time in with the current demands on my time. No building, no flying, just wo ..... wo ... OK Getting up and earning enough to pay the bills.

Later ya' all
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:24 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,772 Posts
Wayne lol maybe I misunderstood you back then, I know my way around those fuel engines pretty good as far as tuning them goes but this thing had no chance I probably should have sent it to you so you could have felt like me lol it definitely had me puzzled. And thanks for the offer but I have a saito 1.80 and started thinking anything above a 1.00 glow is going to be a gasser for me from now on just for fuel consumption reasons. The bird sufferd no injury in the Spacewalker incident lol he flew away, not so for the SW lol

Snowman thanks also that's too generous sir, and if I have to redesign the nose for a new engine I'm sure its going to be a gasser the only reason I went with st was the $159 price tag compared to $300 for the os1.60 and look at me now lol I'll either be spending another 159 or worse over 250 or 300 to put that plane back in the sky so because I went cheap 1st - will now be spending more than the original thought of 300 lol doh !!!

Dad glad to hear from you again good to have you back

Brathanke feel better soon.

And we all have that nice broke feeling lol we are RC enthusiasts so any money we would have just gets put into the hobby when we can, my wife and I were laughing and just said tonight after we paid off the bills we will always be broke lol we clinked our cups and smiled
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:27 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
DOG......that video of snow removal is SOP here, except for this year.......we just ain't gettin' it!!!
Winter is not over, I am not above rubbin back when it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
Popped in to say HEY
DUDE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I know what that feels like after the two Big Stik fiascos.
Another Big Stik in the box. Going to try one more time.
You need a Key Chain cam inside that dang thing to show what is going on if it happens again.... I am hoping 3rd time is a charm and no video is required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Splake
FISH! The ones I catch are in the seafood section at the store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMatta View Post
OK Getting up and earning enough to pay the bills. Later ya' all
Things would be so much easier if bills just didnt happen.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:29 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,504 Posts
Tower it looks like in these days and age, I'm not alone. I think there are several of us out there that are broke.
If only I had Snowy's money I could throw mine away. Snowy you wanna send this po boy a kwel mil?
kerwin50 is online now Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:40 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
K50 You are Sooooo. right
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:44 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
I'm broke too... less than $80 in the bank account right now. I have a check to pick up on Monday though... just have to make it through
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:01 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
Brathanke That sounds like the way we are around here. My wife tells me all the time we are doing better than some be thankful. I hope you are felling better, I am tring to get over bad cold.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:04 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
Funny... right now I am feeling perhaps the best I have all day... not looking forward to trying to sleep tonight. I spend the whole day in bed and most of it asleep.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:42 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,975 Posts
brathanke.....get well soon! We have a flu outbreak in this area, my family has been spared thus far.

DR......wow, now there's a blast from the past! All work and no play.......you know what they say?

tower flyer.......what are you looking to build?

Kerwin, next time I'm on the lathe I'll shave you off a cool mil and then send it to you ok? (Cause that's the only "kewl mil" I have to spare.)

DOG......you're not hoping I get more snow are ya? That'd be just plain mean!

Waldo, are you showing your house this winter?
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:35 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,504 Posts
LOL O Snowy
Now Waldo I'd stick a DLE 20 or 30 and a 30 if I could get by with it.
A DLE 30 is only 280 somthing and a DLE 20 is 250. But if you join the Tower Hobby super savers club for 10 dollars, They knock 50 dollars and 40 dollars.
I've heard tell the DLE 20 is a tricker to tune, but will walk all over a st 2300.
I've been reading about this other 20 cc gas engine on the threads lately for a 179 that alot of people are really liking.

Well guys I put my foot in my mouth last night. Momma was talking about some things she wanted after we get some bills paid off. And after she named a half dozen things, she said O and if you want a new plane you can have one. I replied, thats okay honey I have plenty of planes right now.
Boy what a mistake. What was I thinking? Could it of been the medication? I don't know.
I do know the minute I said it, I shouldn't of said it. O No.
I wonder if I can get by with buying parts after saying that.
But momma I didn't say anything at all about not buying parts for my planes.
HHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, maybe one of Wayne's 160's
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:36 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
My throat was even worse this morning if that is possible. The nice thing is my father-in-law is a doc so I just went down and had him take a look. My tonsils are super swollen and have puss all over them. It is a pretty nasty sight. They gave me a shot in the bum and doubled my antibiotics. Besides the throat I feel a little better today though. No fevers or chills and I can keep my eyes open a little better.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:10 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,504 Posts
Nate I hope you get to feeling better.
Waldo here's the link to that motor http://www.valleyviewrc.com/estore/x...as-engine.html
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:14 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,555 Posts
Thanks gents...one and all. Glad to poke my head back in. Can I hang out a bit? Ill bring the beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
DUDE!
WHAZAAAAAAP!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
DR......wow, now there's a blast from the past! All work and no play.......you know what they say?
Well....we all knew I was a dull enough bastage before all a dis

Funny....you either have no time causea work, but the bank accounts full.....or work is slow and the ole account is empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
I've been reading about this other 20 cc gas engine on the threads lately for a 179 that alot of people are really liking.
I got a new front carb 17 for my Citabria but its just sittin on the ole workbench NIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Besides the throat I feel a little better today though.
Man...the whole world had it right now. I been lucky. Glad yer better.
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman