HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:27 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,183 Posts
I had a ST2300 on a UCD 60........it was a riot! No problems .........the first generation UCD's were overbuilt. Sorry, Wayne I didn't want to sound so contrary, but that's the experience I had.......I flew the crap out of the plane and still have it......it's now fully covered and awaiting my attention.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:28 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
Are you looking for an arf or a build.
If you want to build then I suggest a twist from the build thread.
Here's a link for the green machine and at 240.00 you can't beat it.
The DLE 20 will fly it as a dle has as much power a a G26.

Well the club dinner is friday night and it's a chill dinner.
Our old club use to go to pizza place an spend well over a hundred dollars. The new club is not so spend thrifty. It keeps the dues down and lets us put our money where we really want it. On airplanes.
I'm kinda excited about our dinner. I havn't flown with the boys in a couple of weeks an dearly miss them. I just hope K49 leaves his shoe cam at home.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:30 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
Snowy are you doing any ice fishing? Do you have any winter pic's of the lake.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:19 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
I had a ST2300 on a UCD 60........it was a riot! No problems .........the first generation UCD's were overbuilt. Sorry, Wayne I didn't want to sound so contrary, but that's the experience I had.......I flew the crap out of the plane and still have it......it's now fully covered and awaiting my attention.
I had a 91FX and a macs muffler. I was careful to observe the no fast fly on it. I also sealed the hinge lines and made sure prop was well balanced.

A friend has a UCD 46 now with a 55AX on it. I am not saying they are bad but they are pretty light and I am not sure about throwing a DLE-20 and a big prop on there.

That said, show me some vids of the ST2300 on there. That should be very cool.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Jan 02, 2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:28 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
I just can't make up my mind. I have thought about building something . I would like something other than a twist ,the last 3 planes I had there twists. I want something that is aerobatic and 3D capable. I am building another Wildest Cat. I just tring to get best of the buck, I gess.
There are two guys at our feild that have u can dos with 20 DLEs and about all they do is fly around slow and hover. I am OK flying aerobatics but not good at 3D. I like to fly slow,flat spin,and tlumble,can't hover.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
Last edited by tower flyer; Jan 02, 2013 at 07:39 PM. Reason: add to post
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:28 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Maiden report.

The Fancy Foam 43", EPP YAK 55 flew today. I could not get full throws because the servo arms were too short. I need to find a solution to that. Also, I just was not happy with the power on 3S. I put a 4S on it and that helped a lot. The motor is not rated for it but if it won't get there on 3S, I guess I will let it burn on 4S.

This is a nice foam plane with airfoiled wings. It is built pretty tough 1.5lb EPP. I think it will be very nice when I get the poser and throws sorted out.

I was in a hurry today and it was just 40 degrees so I was trying to get things going as quick as I could.

My little Fire Fly receiver antenna broke off last time I was at the field. The velcro came loose that held the receiver to the plane too. (I think the receiver flopped around near the prop and the antenna was ripped off.) I wanted to fly it anyway so I taped the receiver on and flew it with no antenna. It flew fine up to about 200 feet away and no antenna! I will put a new antenna on it anyway but I thought that was cool. It uses an Assan TX/RX on 2.4GHz.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:50 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tower flyer View Post
I just can't make up my mind. I have thought about building something . I would like something other than a twist ,the last 3 planes I had there twists. I want something that is aerobatic and 3D capable. I am building another Wildest Cat. I just tring to get best of the buck, I gess.
There are two guys at our feild that have u can dos with 20 DLEs and about all they do is fly around slow and hover. I am OK flying aerobatics but not good at 3D. I like to fly slow,flat spin,and tlumble,can't hover.
The 3DHS Velox is a great match for the DLE-20. You can search the 3DHS threads on here or 3DRCForums.com and you will find very good reports about this match.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:51 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
The 3DHS Velox is a great match for the DLE-20. You can search the 3DHS threads on here or 3DRCForums.com and you will find very good reports about this match.
I seen Donkey's in person at our FLI, it really is a sweet plane. I seen one just like it at the Huckfest<also Donkey's Plane> and Joe Smith TRIED to destroy it, some of the most violent flying and abuse I have ever seen and loosing its canopy in the full throttle blenderish thing was the worst of it.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:59 PM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,504 Posts
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:31 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tower flyer View Post
If slabs are OK, the ProX260 would be one I would consider. I would consider a Mojo too but I don't want to build a kit. It is a no muss, no fuss plane with lots of capability if you want to dial it up. I don't know about the others mentioned but it is $200 which seems reasonably priced.

It is funny to see the thinking around something like an engine. I have been trying to shift up from the smaller planes but I put a cap on at 50cc. The foamy toys just give me something to kick around at the house.

May have the Cub sold.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:35 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,255 Posts
Buddy at our club is building a Mojo 65 with a Evo 26 gasser.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:58 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,000 Posts
Well I did some more work on the PTE. I couldn't get it to run last time out. My inspection revealed all four bolts holding the Jug on were loose. Two of them were 3 or 4 turns out. I had red loctite on there. Does anyone know what causes red loctite to fail? I'm sure I did something wrong. I have read stories of people not being able to get it loose and mine seem to come loose every time without any effort on my part lol. Any ideas would be awesome.

This time I cleaned out the threads with a Q-tip and alcohol. Gave the bolts a similar treatment. I applied the loctite very liberally to both the threads and the bolts. I mean I really put it on thick and heavy. I'm allowing it to cure over night. Is there anything I'm missing? I believe last time I applied it I ran the motor maybe an hour after putting it together. Could that have caused it? The instructions say that it should be cured in 15 minutes.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:48 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Well I did some more work on the PTE. I couldn't get it to run last time out. My inspection revealed all four bolts holding the Jug on were loose. Two of them were 3 or 4 turns out. I had red loctite on there. Does anyone know what causes red loctite to fail? I'm sure I did something wrong. I have read stories of people not being able to get it loose and mine seem to come loose every time without any effort on my part lol. Any ideas would be awesome.

This time I cleaned out the threads with a Q-tip and alcohol. Gave the bolts a similar treatment. I applied the loctite very liberally to both the threads and the bolts. I mean I really put it on thick and heavy. I'm allowing it to cure over night. Is there anything I'm missing? I believe last time I applied it I ran the motor maybe an hour after putting it together. Could that have caused it? The instructions say that it should be cured in 15 minutes.
Is the locktite you used suited for high temp? I used some high temp red on a muffler last year... broke the bolt off in the muffler taking it appart. <sigh>
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:20 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,255 Posts
Me not complain about snow removal ever again

How They Remove Snow In Canada (1 min 4 sec)
Old Jan 03, 2013, 07:41 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Me not complain about snow removal ever again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3Ym9msMgi8

Then they go dump the snow in the river.

I used to truck away ice from skate ing rinks long ago.

That stuff builds up and takes parking space.

Did lots of testing with a glider and found small speed props. Eat batteries for breakfast. My desire for speed is at a cost I know you guys explained differences but I had to have fun testing

Now I go back to large 3d type props.
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)