HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:56 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Now it's 2001, but it was 2000........we all know you're a man behind his times......lol. We still love ya though!

Any woman that serves mignon for breakfast is a keeper!

I'm still trying to take a crap that will account for the 4lbs of prime rib I ate Christmas eve!
Yeah, I know.......as if this year is going to be any different then the last..........right?
those steaks were from Omaha Steaks too, we like them anyway, we usually get a few of those package deals as gifts so we always buy a pacjkage deal for us too as long as were there. but for like $75 you get about 8 - 10 boxes of assorted steak varieties, and we always get a couple of treats too we had 2 of our 4 lava cakes for dessert last night oooohhhhh mannnnnn is that stuff dangerous

And of course this year is going to be different there is a 13 after 20 instead of a 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Yawn....just got up...6:30am wasn't long ago....
It looks like just a flesh wound.....

I am rebuilding my 57' Extra, it had an LVC issue which broke it like a twist in the middle.
Happy new day all.
Cool to hear you are rebuilding, There seems to be an awful amount of bad backs on planes over the last few years I consider myself to be somewhat of a chiropractor of the air frame industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Happy New Year everyone... I did just barely get up and showered lol. I'm glad all my twisted friends seem to be safely home from their holiday travels. I have school starting up again on the 7th. The break was really good for me. I feel more energized and ready to take on another semester. I'm jazzed because I was able to get all my classes on Tuesday and Thursday. That means only 2-3 commutes per week instead of 4 or 5 that I was doing last semester. I also worked out a deal with the school I just got my Bachelor's from and they will allow me to continue to use their library and internet for a closer study area. The school I'm getting my Master's from is a 45 minute drive vs. 10 min to my Bachelor's alma mater.

I thought about it a bit last night and I plan to fix the edge. It has more damage that it might look like from the pics. I think it will take me 5 or 6 hours to complete the repairs and she'll probly gain a little weight.
very cool on getting to use the local facility for your studies, as you said that is going to save you a ton of time in traveling. And very cool also on the rebuilding of your edge you won't regret it I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
ugh, i'm awake.....mostly.
Had a good new years that was more suitable for someone who just had their 21st birthday, not their 31st. Someone brought over a bottle of gin, never tried it. Apparently I liked it. Spent the rest of the night like Santa Clause. Fat, Jolly, and my belches smeled like christmas trees. That gin is some wicked stuff.
LOL Kamakazi's are a great Drink with Gin I've done some serious drinking in my day but the first time I ever fell down in about 25 years from alcholol was at an all inclusive resort in Mexico 5 years ago, on our last day our morning scheduled scuba dive on underwater motorcycles activity was canceled because of rough weather so we had a day left to just hang at the resort, Sooo I said to the bartender what do you have that will actually make me feel like I've had a drink, as everything for 4 days has had 0 effect and pretty watered down. he handed me a nice Kamakazi which I had forgotten all about over the years, lets just say my wife made 4 drinks out of hers, I chugged mine down in a second and asked for another fearing again I would have no glow, I was so wrong, then we were sitting on the barstools in the pool at the bar when some other people came by and we all started doing Tequila poppers well we decided to go find something to eat as this was about 1 in the afternoon so while walking to the food place I went to step off the sidewalk to allow two older ladies to pass by and I let go of my wife's Hand as I stepped off the side of the curb cause I knew I was going down and didn't want her to fall also, so I wiped out,, scrapping my knee on the adjoing sidewalk and was laughing my butt off as these poor older ladies looked on horrified that I hurt myself as they knew I stepped off for them, I assured them I was ok and was looking for my wife as I pulled myself up from the ground, thinking where the hell did she go and I heard this giggling and when I looked at the giggle area she was all strewn about in laying in a huge bush against the side of the motel, apparently she fell becasue I let her go, I busted out laughing and picked her laughing butt up and we decided it was time for us to leave the public eye for a while, went back to the room and dropped her off where she spent the rest of the afternoon and evening sleeping, and then I played bell boy and kept going to the buffet and bringing her back food so all in all we had a great last day I think lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tower flyer View Post
I have the jump on the new year, made 3 successful flights. The first 2 ended in deadstick, to lean on LSN,last one was a good flight despite light rain and cold wind.The culb VP and I braved the weather to open the new year at the field . HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY
Tower awesome man and congrats on breaking in the new year the bst way ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardude04 View Post
Today was fun. The race car is pretty good in the snow it turns out. Granted, it wasn't very freaking deep but still. Good brakes, steering, acceleration, everything. I would really like to find a huge open area to go drive around on rather than our neighborhood. Anything over 15-20mph was a bad idea. Keep it under that and you can do slow motion drifting all day long.
-Eric
Just fun stuff there RC for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I did not do a New Year flight.
It was 45 degrees at midnight and has been falling all day.
A friend wanted to drill some props. He came over and we drilled on for him and two of mine. We got to talking and drinking coffee and wound up building a 42"ws EPP Yak 55 from a kit. I just need to finish placing the wiring and ESC. Should maiden it tomorrow. Supposed to be 6 to 9mph wind but only 44 degrees tops.

It was a nice day having someone to work with and complete a plane too. I guess I will name it 2013.
Not sure if it will be getting any paint.
I might be inspired to fix the Cub strut tomorrow.
Oh, and happy new year I hope.
Throwing some inspiration your way, Fix strut, fix strut, ohh yeah,,,,, and Fly jet, Fly jet, , 2013 the year Waynes Jet takes to the sky
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:31 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
You are so funny Joe. Also learn the WOS song on the sax.

I have the pin stripe tape to fix the jet. So one more detail and I think it is ready.

My wife's dog is not feeling well so I spent the morning working with him. I do plan to maiden 2013 (YAK) today. I hope to get started on the final steps shortly.

The Cub is on the winch up at the ceiling.

Replacement wheels are on the way for the Extra. I don't know if there will be flying weather for the weekend but I should have the plane ready.

My friend that helped me yesterday has all his planes flying right now. I wish I could say that. We are talking about new things to try so I guess it never ends.

I am also getting started on my astrophotography again. Parts are on the way. It is more convenient in the winter because it gets dark earlier. I don't like to stay up late or get up early. Jupiter is up so I would like to get some good photographs. I have been studying on techniques and have some new things to try. I am finally getting setup for autoguiding my telescope. Basically there are two telescopes on the same mount. The smaller one points at a star and has a special camera that sends signals to the mount to keep it in the same place. As the Earth turns, the scope follows the sky so everything appears to be still. The larger scope is used for the photography. I have almost all the equipment now but never tried it.

I always seem to need to have something new to learn.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Jan 02, 2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:33 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Sigh...back at work...the daily grind...always waiting for me :|
I find that work interferes with play, so I'm just not gonna work for awhile....longer.
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:59 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,373 Posts
Quote:
I find that work interferes with play, so I'm just not gonna work for awhile....longer.
Ha Ha! No Work == No Money == No Play...trying to keep a balance on all three :\
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:44 AM
Joined Jan 2005
4,956 Posts
.........well until the money runs out or my fun stuff supplies do.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:13 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
those steaks were from Omaha Steaks too, we like them anyway, we usually get a few of those package deals as gifts so we always buy a pacjkage deal for us too as long as were there. but for like $75 you get about 8 - 10 boxes of assorted steak varieties, and we always get a couple of treats too we had 2 of our 4 lava cakes for dessert last night oooohhhhh mannnnnn is that stuff dangerous

And of course this year is going to be different there is a 13 after 20 instead of a 12

Cool to hear you are rebuilding, There seems to be an awful amount of bad backs on planes over the last few years I consider myself to be somewhat of a chiropractor of the air frame industry

very cool on getting to use the local facility for your studies, as you said that is going to save you a ton of time in traveling. And very cool also on the rebuilding of your edge you won't regret it I'm sure.

LOL Kamakazi's are a great Drink with Gin I've done some serious drinking in my day but the first time I ever fell down in about 25 years from alcholol was at an all inclusive resort in Mexico 5 years ago, on our last day our morning scheduled scuba dive on underwater motorcycles activity was canceled because of rough weather so we had a day left to just hang at the resort, Sooo I said to the bartender what do you have that will actually make me feel like I've had a drink, as everything for 4 days has had 0 effect and pretty watered down. he handed me a nice Kamakazi which I had forgotten all about over the years, lets just say my wife made 4 drinks out of hers, I chugged mine down in a second and asked for another fearing again I would have no glow, I was so wrong, then we were sitting on the barstools in the pool at the bar when some other people came by and we all started doing Tequila poppers well we decided to go find something to eat as this was about 1 in the afternoon so while walking to the food place I went to step off the sidewalk to allow two older ladies to pass by and I let go of my wife's Hand as I stepped off the side of the curb cause I knew I was going down and didn't want her to fall also, so I wiped out,, scrapping my knee on the adjoing sidewalk and was laughing my butt off as these poor older ladies looked on horrified that I hurt myself as they knew I stepped off for them, I assured them I was ok and was looking for my wife as I pulled myself up from the ground, thinking where the hell did she go and I heard this giggling and when I looked at the giggle area she was all strewn about in laying in a huge bush against the side of the motel, apparently she fell becasue I let her go, I busted out laughing and picked her laughing butt up and we decided it was time for us to leave the public eye for a while, went back to the room and dropped her off where she spent the rest of the afternoon and evening sleeping, and then I played bell boy and kept going to the buffet and bringing her back food so all in all we had a great last day I think lol

Tower awesome man and congrats on breaking in the new year the bst way ever

Just fun stuff there RC for sure

Throwing some inspiration your way, Fix strut, fix strut, ohh yeah,,,,, and Fly jet, Fly jet, , 2013 the year Waynes Jet takes to the sky
Yeah, the whole story here is we had people over. I have an 18 month old so going out to drink is never an option. At company parties or similar events the rule is only one of us can drink and no more than two or three drinks for the night. Seems my wife always beats me to it and I drink soda all night. This was known by her and her friends. So they told me to relax and have a drink tonight. They had brought over this bucket of little bottles that you mix with alcohol to make drinks, a bottle of gin, vodka, tequila, and kahlua. I said I had never tried gin, they start making me martini's. I couldn't taste the alcohol at all and we were playing Kinect games and being fairly active, so I was drinking them like gatorade. About 45 minutes later my wife says I need to slow down. I tell her I don't even have a buzz. She says I will, I've had over half the bottle of gin. As soon as she says that I start feeling it, and feeling it, and then not feeling anything. Not sure what happened after that, woke up the next day at 2pm. I guess I managed to drink most of the gin. At least I woke up in my own bed with all my clothes on. So nothing too crazy went down. I'm 31 years old and I have never gotten lit up like that. Here I am 36 hours past the event and I still have a hangover.

Never again i tell you, never again!
Wookster is online now Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:17 AM
Joined Jan 2009
5,373 Posts
Yeah...I had a similar experience with a bottle of of tequila once...haven't been able to drink it since
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:42 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Also learn the WOS song on the sax.
I have the pin stripe tape to fix the jet. So one more detail and I think it is ready.
My wife's dog is not feeling well so I spent the morning working with him. I do plan to maiden 2013 (YAK) today. I hope to get started on the final steps shortly.
The Cub is on the winch up at the ceiling.
Replacement wheels are on the way for the Extra. I don't know if there will be flying weather for the weekend but I should have the plane ready.
My friend that helped me yesterday has all his planes flying right now. I wish I could say that. We are talking about new things to try so I guess it never ends.

I have almost all the equipment now but never tried it.

I always seem to need to have something new to learn.
Wayne Thats awesome on the WOS Playing the Sax I need to hear that soon cool on the jet pinstriping, you will have the plane ready soon I'm sure, No it never ends lol And at least the cub looks like its in the air and very cool on your equipment for the skys thats some serious stuff right there.

LOL Wookster thats great LOL I love those "wake up and feel like what the hell happened" NOT,,,, I can truly say I've never had one of those moments, I always know exactly what happened which might be worse LOL

Snowman kudo's to you Live like a king my friend
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:34 PM
Joined Jan 2005
4,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Snowman kudo's to you Live like a king my friend
More like a pauper Waldo, but that's ok.

We still don't have much snow.....and am I happy! I'm working off this deal for a backup snowblower and I think that's why it's not snowing........cause I'm so unlucky that the deal I've made on this snowblower is too good to be true and the only way I get it is by having to blow snow for the next couple of weeks........no snow......no snowblower, but you know what? I don't care! I can do without another snowblower if this weather keeps up!!!!!! I can still see the tops of the carrots in the garden!!!!!!

Wookster..... Hangovers are your body's way of telling you to quit poisoning it with alcohol! Switch to prime rib!

Kerwin, when you coming up to go ice fishing??????
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:47 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,368 Posts
Quote:
More like a pauper Waldo, but that's ok.

Wookster..... Hangovers are your body's way of telling you to quit poisoning it with alcohol! Switch to prime rib!
The liver is evil and it must be punished.

Honestly, I just broke the "moderation" rule.
Wookster is online now Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:01 PM
Joined Jan 2005
4,956 Posts
That "moderation" rule you speak of has inherit flaws being that the author died of cirrhosis of the liver!
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:20 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Howdy boys! I have not been lurking here much due to work and the holidays but I have still been flying every Saturday

Last weekend my son managed to rip the gear out of his Twist (skiis on) cause he was getting cocky like most kids, lol. Luckily it came out clean and was repaired with a bit of wood and epoxy Just in time of course for our annual new year's day Chili fly in!

We did a mass take off (15 planes this year) at 10am and only one did not survive....thankfully both of our twists did, hehe. Flying and some good chili makes for a lot of fun (and plenty of gas) on a cold day, hehe

As far as planes go, I still have everything, including my Slick and the recently finished EF Outllaw and I am not building a damn thing until I crash something

Anyway, thought I would say hi and Happy new Year to all you Ja-mokes
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:03 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
Howdy boys! I have not been lurking here much due to work and the holidays but I have still been flying every Saturday

Last weekend my son managed to rip the gear out of his Twist (skiis on) cause he was getting cocky like most kids, lol. Luckily it came out clean and was repaired with a bit of wood and epoxy Just in time of course for our annual new year's day Chili fly in!

We did a mass take off (15 planes this year) at 10am and only one did not survive....thankfully both of our twists did, hehe. Flying and some good chili makes for a lot of fun (and plenty of gas) on a cold day, hehe

As far as planes go, I still have everything, including my Slick and the recently finished EF Outllaw and I am not building a damn thing until I crash something

Anyway, thought I would say hi and Happy new Year to all you Ja-mokes
Tom,
Darn good to hear from ya! Glad you are doing well and that Chili fly in sounds like a really cool event!
Happy New Year back at ya!
p.s. Don't forget to reserve the last week of June for the 3DHS Midwest FLI!
Best Regards,
Mike
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:23 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
Fellows I need some help in deciding what the best plane to put a 20cc DLE engine, due to the demise of the 150 Twist. I have considered 60 size U Can Do, 65 Mojo, Siegle Yak 54, Aeroworks Extra 300. Need just a good flying plane, I don't fly 3D, Just like to get you input on what would be the best way for a fellow to go.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:17 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tower flyer View Post
Fellows I need some help in deciding what the best plane to put a 20cc DLE engine, due to the demise of the 150 Twist. I have considered 60 size U Can Do, 65 Mojo, Siegle Yak 54, Aeroworks Extra 300. Need just a good flying plane, I don't fly 3D, Just like to get you input on what would be the best way for a fellow to go.
I don't think a UCD 60 would be good. It is built pretty light and I don't think it would hold up.

Mojos are nice.

I have been impressed with the Aeroworks ProX260 freestyle one of our members has. I know Allan did not like the one he has (had?) but I don't know which one he had and the engine. The member we have has the DLE20 on it and it is flying very well.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia