SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:58 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
We got 13" of snow Christmas night, that is unheard of in Arkansas, first time in more than 60 years that it snowed on Christmas. We were with out power for 3 days, with lows in the teens. I am glad we have a fire place. We still have alot on the ground.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:52 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Dude, you folks have more than us!!!!!! You can't imagine how happy that makes me!!!! (For me, that is.....not you........for you........I can imagine your disgust with all that ugly white stuff.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tower flyer View Post
We got 13" of snow Christmas night, that is unheard of in Arkansas, first time in more than 60 years that it snowed on Christmas. We were with out power for 3 days, with lows in the teens. I am glad we have a fire place. We still have alot on the ground.
Snowy One <name sake, controller of the snow> has hex'd this stuff off to distant lands from him self this year. In the 5 years here in Central PA, our snow often comes Feb and March.... Oh not this year, snowy has passed the buck to us.

Ya'll ever have one of those things you know you should just fix while the weather is nice, but its not "completely" broke and if you wiggle it or whack it with a hammer, it will work a while longer? Electric lift on the John Deere 110 Garden tractor, for the mower deck and the front blade.....

During the summer, it just mows the back yard, no need to change height often..... Snow Blade... and 10 inches of "Snowy's best"... You need to move it alot..... As my visiting Inlaws watched <with my kids> out the front window, watching me wiggle the switch, crack the side of the chassis where the solenoids are with a hammer, I came to understand that their visit here was to see their daughter and grand kids, as well as get a laugh off their half frozen son in law in the snow, on a 40 year old JD... <sigh>

2 1992 Ford Explorer Solenoids and the switch taken apart and gone through, its all good. Note.... Needed 2, parts store only shelf one.... Pep Boys $15 and change, Advanced Auto Parts, $22.50.... Same brand and Part number.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:24 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Nice bandsaw Waldo! What brand is it? Delta?

My son called from Maine just a few minutes ago and said they're getting nailed with snow.......foot and a half since Friday! We've gotten maybe a half inch in the last week or two!!!! We are so far behind and there is no snowmobile traffic at all!! On the flip side.......the motels and hotels are complaining that they'll have to fold if the snow doesn't come soon. I'm thinking of buying some salt and spreading it on the trails to eliminate any chance of any type of snow-machine using it this winter.....they're so noisy!

Nice saw Waldo as well as weather reports

Snowman lol,salting trails to keep sleds off of the trails
Interesting idea to keep others away but beyond that point is virgin snow
Hehehe

I have video of where i go

Some guy has enough money to buy two sleds and invited me

I took video and pictures

We go,over 100 km away from other humans and then back small parking lot in middle,of nowhere

It's really cool to be in possible danger

I love snow

Looking for new places to fly FPV with snowmobiles with my buddy Jay (1 min 13 sec)
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Last edited by David22; Dec 30, 2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:00 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Be careful snowy, I wouldn't say anythink to jinx yourself while your on a roll.
Just think an 8 to 12 inch snowfall and all those snowmobiler's.
racing up and down the street in front of your house at all hours of the night.
O the joys of the snowmobile motor at 2 in the morning
Just think of it snowy,
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:29 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,020 Posts
Well howdy from the new frozen keister land

We got about 6" 2 days ago and a nice 8" last night so its not too bad as we were able to handle them individually but the temps with the high winds were around 0 today.

DOG I was right there with you today as it was a perfect temp for me to help my good cuz Tinmantim fix his plow as 2 bolts sheered off and we had to try and line up the cross member to get those bolts in, of course it wouldn't be right if we worked on his truck when it was warm and nice out, as you said it didn't really need Imediate attention over the warm days, so of course as we predicted we would be laying on the ice in 0 temps but we actually were successful in our quest in about 30 minutes time usually a project like that would take us hours as everything and anything goes wrong lol

then as long as I was in the area I had a call from my brother inlaw saying his washer wasn't getting water so after the truck repair I went there and got his washer working again.

Very productive day here as 1st thing this morning the wife decided it was tear down time of the Christmas stuff, so we got all that packed up and loaded into the van after clearing the driveway took down the tree and then had to blast through the unplowed road to the storage unit where all the Xmas stuff is being stored to keep our house clutter free for possible showings. What a day

David awesom vid and beautiful scenery on that sled ride very nice indeed. .

Snowman I love the snow so send all you want the saw is just a cheapo band saw but is a bandsaw and I couldn't be happier, its a Ryobi and the one I picked out when I went looking for one.

Tower wow that is much snow for you guys for sure must be exciting though
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:43 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Guys here's a video of us flying
More Fall Flying Fun 2012 (13 min 24 sec)

At 3:20 and 6:20 K49 goes into a nice flat spin
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Last edited by kerwin50; Dec 30, 2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:33 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
Waldo I'm sure there are alot of people aruond here would call it a lot different than exciteing. Some people were with out power longer than we were,
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:24 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,466 Posts
hoping for snow. going to use the 450 to clear the driveway. Please be light and fluffy.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:50 AM
Wichita, Ks
Joined Jun 2005
1,986 Posts
They say it might snow here tomorrow...

I doubt it. Give us some of yours. I am officially speaking for everyone in the Wichita, Ks. area. We will take 3-5" of your snow. Deliver in the next 2 days please. Thanks.

Happy Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/New Years/etc. everyone!

-Eric
rccardude04 is offline Find More Posts by rccardude04
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:52 AM
Wichita, Ks
Joined Jun 2005
1,986 Posts
sigh...
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:53 AM
Wichita, Ks
Joined Jun 2005
1,986 Posts
sigh...
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:33 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,567 Posts
Looks like you didn't get the snow you were hoping for.... ...Happy New Years Eve, anyway. :}
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:43 AM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
Snow,sleet and rain this morning. Maybe I need to move to Michigan there the weather is better.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:48 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tower flyer View Post
Snow,sleet and rain this morning. Maybe I need to move to Michigan there the weather is better.
I think its only a short term "better" cause mother nature is sheet faced drunk this season.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:52 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,020 Posts
Great Vid kerwin Sounded a little windy and K49 did some very nice flat spins, Did that motor pop off in flight or on the landing I couldn't tell.

Tower Maybe exciting wasn't the best word to use for those people, But I Don't mind it so much when we lose power cause the only thing I can do when our power goes out is build planes under candlelight which is exciting and fun, and gives me a reason to spend hours in the basement but if you rely on power for heat then your in real trouble this time of the year for sure. and thats not exciting by anymeans. my wife always looks at me funny when we lose power as I get this little gleam in my eye as she knows the plane building will be going on in a few minutes after we get all the candles out and lit, she will usually go to bed which she loves napping or read a book, luckily we have 2 propane fire stoves, one in the basement and one on the main floor so at least we have heat.

Sorry RC lol hopefully you'll be burried in snow soon. that sounds weird to say to someone
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe