HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:17 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Wookie - A club member had one of those. He was zipping around with it. Taking off from the flight stands. I think a Purple Martin thought it was a mosquito and took it out mid-air or something.

Every time I think of getting one of those, I remember we have skeeters that big and it turns me off.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:18 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,862 Posts
Wookster Thats awesome And can't wait to see some vids of her and especially doing some towing

Wayne Yup be safe in your travels sir maybe the snow will be melted by the time you come home saving your back.

Kerwin There are no clauses Christmas is over lol
Here is a reminder of the rules they're all right in the begining before the Shame starts.
The RC Walk of Shame (6 min 39 sec)

Walk Of Shame

CHORUS 1
YOUR DOING THE, WALK OF SHAME,
YOU WENT AND, CRASHED YOUR PLANE,
GOT NO ONE ELSE TO BLAME,
YOUR SKILLS ARE, OH SO LAME.

CAN'T EVEN, LAND THAT PLANE,
YOU JUST DIDN'T, USE THAT BRAIN,
YOUR DOING THE, WALK OF SHAME.

VERSE 1
I CAME IN FOR A LANDING,
I MAY HAVE HIT TO HARD,
MY PLANE FELL SHORT OF WHERE I STAND
AND NOW I'M WALKING FAR.

I TRUDGE ACROSS THE RUNWAY,
MY HEAD BENT DOWN IN SHAME,
TO PICK UP ALL THE BROKEN PIECES
THAT ONCE LOOKED LIKE MY PLANE.

CHORUS 2
YOU MISSED YOUR, TIME IN FAME,
THERES NOTHING, TOO EXPLAIN,
NOW GO RE-TRIEVE YOUR PLANE.

WE CAN NOT, ALL REFRAIN,
FROM LAUGHING, AT YOUR PAIN,

VERSE 2
SOMETIMES I JUST MISJUDGE IT,
SOMETIMES I'M LOW ON FUEL,
OTHER TIMES I SMASH IT IN
JUST FLYING LIKE A FOOL

I'M LINED UP FOR THE RUNWAY
THIS HEADING I'LL MAINTAIN,
I FLARE HER BACK AND SET HER IN,
I GOT HER I PROCLAIM!

Chorus 3
YOU WENT AND, CRASHED YOUR PLANE,
GOT NO ONE, ELSE TO BLAME,
YOUR SKILLS ARE, OH SO LAME.

CAN'T EVEN, LAND THAT PLANE,
YOU JUST DIDN'T, USE THAT BRAIN,

DOING THE, WALK OF SHAME
DO THAT, WALK OF SHAME
DOING THAT, WALK OF SHAME
DOING THE, WALK OF SHAME

DOING THE, WALK OF SHAME
WE'RE DOING THE, WALK OF SHAME
WE'LL DO THAT, WALK OF SHAME
DOING THE, WALK OF SHAME

LETS WALK !!!
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Last edited by Waldopepperaxe; Dec 27, 2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:47 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Waldo - I would like the lyrics and sheet music please. My hearing does not let me understand the lyrics in a lot of songs. If I had the sheet music, I MIGHT practice up and send you a track on the saxophone.

Some of my WOS are because of the wind. I can land and all is well but there is too much wind to taxi back. We have many planes flipped by the wind when trying to taxi back. I hate it when I damage a plane like that. The Kadet Senior went over like that once. It is in danger anytime we have wind over about 8mph.

I watched the whole thing, again. It reminded me of my F/A 18E. Yep, you would have flown it already. I will fly it, maybe next year.

My in-laws say no snow/ice down there. I am taking interstates so they should be clear.

For the Missouri Twisters, I am going to Weaubleau, near Collins, North of Bolivar on 13. South of Osceola. The wife's family moved there 46 years ago. I lost an Easy Star with an on-board camera a few years ago. It was never found. Not taking a plane this trip.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:15 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,862 Posts
There wayne I went back and added the lyrics next to the vid, I don't have sheet music for it but I could produce it for you in the not so near future lol
Just play the vid and add your Sax to a track that would be great I tried to learn the sax but everytime I blew a note My 80 lb black lab would howl with me lol made it very hard to practice, I think he was telling me to give it up lol

Yes the kadet is famous for taxi tip overs in a slight brreeze, but thats what made it all the more fun !! trying to get back for a non walk of shame with a Kadet is a great challenge on a breezy day.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:17 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,474 Posts
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:28 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Every time I think of getting one of those, I remember we have skeeters that big and it turns me off.
We had an elder gent at a neighboring club flying a UMX Cub.... well... he was flying it. It had gotten so high he couldnt see it any longer. We only noticed since he was looking to the left of the field and it was mid field..

He handed the controls over to one of our club members and he started bring it down..... and it would not come down. Seems this silly thing was caught in a strong thermal. Very Strong! He finally after 10 minutes was able to spin it enough to get it to come down.

The fun thing was we addded up the flight time, it had been up over 25 minutes and when it got down to field level it still had enough battery to make 2 circuts of the field....
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:37 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,522 Posts
Wayne please be careful going through OK city an southern Missouri. I'm alot futher north. We only got a couple of inches and about 1/2 of that is gone. It's just bitterly cold. So please dress warm. Maybe if you come up this summer I can met you in Nevada or somthing an you can fly my planes.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:37 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,119 Posts
I hope you all had a great Christmas! We did.

We just got back from a consultation with the surgeon and it looks like he wants to remove the entire mass rather than just do a biopsy (3-4 cm). The surgery will be out-patient, but won't happen until Jan 14th.... The wait continues....,however the surgeon is 99.9% certain it's a cyst.....I wish I could be as hopeful as him, but I'm praying he's right, but I hate when they give such high odds without the lab results....that just seems wrong to me.......you can't tell if something is or isn't cancerous with an ultrasound and by palpation alone!!! I'm praying he didn't speak out of turn......especially when my baby girl is involved! That's the update, please keep her in your prayers.....Thank you.....
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:35 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,474 Posts
She is in our prayers snowman
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:36 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,862 Posts
Snowman Glad to hear you had a great Christmas and good news also, we'll keep the prayers coming to hopefully maintain his prediction.

DOG sounded like a fun flight for sure LOL

Kerwin I don't think Wayne owens any long trousers, he might look kind of funny wearing a Parka, gloves and his thong
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:45 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,203 Posts
Shocking Waldo.... How do we get this in one of your gigs? <these guys are nuts>

Tesla Guitar Suit (1 min 26 sec)
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:00 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
I hope you all had a great Christmas! We did.

We just got back from a consultation with the surgeon and it looks like he wants to remove the entire mass rather than just do a biopsy (3-4 cm). .....
Our thoughts are with you guys.... If you feel you need another opinion, in the least bit, by all means do so. It never hurts to have different views.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:16 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,522 Posts
Stu, my wife and I's thoughts and prayers are for Rachael,your wife, you and the rest of your family.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:17 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,119 Posts
Thanks fellas.......your prayers are appreciated!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:34 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Shocking Waldo.... How do we get this in one of your gigs? <these guys are nuts>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3knD7m0-pk
They're panzi's!!!! we do that in our regular clothes,,, oh but ours isn't intentional