HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:44 AM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,680 Posts
Sorry to hear that snowman, hope all works out.

Wayne thanks for that ucando video
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:39 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,568 Posts
Snowy, you all will be in our prayers going forward as well...waiting is really hard.

And now for something completely different.

http://www.suasnews.com/2012/12/2027...-takes-flight/
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:32 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Well the storm has hit. It was mainly rain thank good as it was coming down at times. Some in the wee hours of the morning the snow set in, and the winds really set in. 40 mph winds right out of the north.
My patio door is covered in snow. Making it hard to see out.
I made the mistake of opening the patio door. Boy the cold north wind shot in, as well as some snow. I tried shutting the door only to get a nasty little gap in the door and of course cold air rushing in. I removed the snow and attempted to shut the door only to again be greeted by that nasty gap and of course cold air rushing in.
Now mind you, I was in my boxers and barefooted. After several attempts I got the door closed but I had to lock it in order to eliminate that gap.
Snowdog this snow is heading your way. be careful
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:43 AM
Joined Jan 2009
5,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Well the storm has hit. It was mainly rain thank good as it was coming down at times. Some in the wee hours of the morning the snow set in, and the winds really set in. 40 mph winds right out of the north.
My patio door is covered in snow. Making it hard to see out.
I made the mistake of opening the patio door. Boy the cold north wind shot in, as well as some snow. I tried shutting the door only to get a nasty little gap in the door and of course cold air rushing in. I removed the snow and attempted to shut the door only to again be greeted by that nasty gap and of course cold air rushing in.
Now mind you, I was in my boxers and barefooted. After several attempts I got the door closed but I had to lock it in order to eliminate that gap.
Snowdog this snow is heading your way. be careful
Yeah, I'm waiting and watching for it. The rain will change to snow at some point today, probably this afternoon. I might have to leave work early today. I don't mind the snow but I don't like rain changing to ice changing to snow.

Looks like snowman is already getting the snow from this storm...I think he is in the path of the worst part of it...the line was from Omaha to Green Bay and further northeast.

Thankfully my son and his wife aren't planning on leaving from Colorado Springs to visit us for the holidays until today...and he told me he is going to take the southern route (I-70 through KC and StL)...a good portion of I-80 in Nebraska was shut down yesterday due to the blizzard.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:29 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
I pray for your son an family's safe trip.
BTW any of you who want to shed your wordly possesions before the end of the world tomorrow, I am now accepting donations.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:20 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,381 Posts
Thanks for your prayers and thoughts guys! Biopsy won't happen until Jan 4th!!! It's going to be a long wait!

Winds are calm and we're only getting a dusting of snow, but you folks down south probably consider it blizzard-like conditions.... Anyway.......stay safe!!!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Thanks for your prayers and thoughts guys! Biopsy won't happen until Jan 4th!!! It's going to be a long wait!

Winds are calm and we're only getting a dusting of snow, but you folks down south probably consider it blizzard-like conditions.... Anyway.......stay safe!!!
Jan 4th - same day my wife will have outpatient surgery to repair a hernia.
I'll be thinking of you while I'm pacing around the waiting room!
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:35 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,021 Posts
Snowman Wow thats a long wait for sure, our prayers will be with you and the family for every bit of it. I don't think you've been socked with the storm itself yet though Have you on the news this morning , Not that I believe that really but looked like you were going to be getting a significent amount for sure.

Kerwin never open sliding doors in boxers when you see snow whipping around unless your into that kind of thrill

Snowdog nice lego copter lol I always new lego's could fly I knew it. My mom told me no wishing a Happy safe trip for your son and wife also.
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:59 PM
nothing
Joined Jan 2011
933 Posts
Snow I am praying for you and your family my friend!!!

Well Kerwin 50 was right, the storm hit hard here, it took me two hours to get to work today.... I just got off the phone with the other Kerwin, he was so excited! I havent seen him this excited for a long long time. This morning, as you all read, he opened up the sliding glass door wearing only his boxers. His apartment manager, the mean old lady, apparently
saw Kerwin in his boxers and called him complimenting him about having the ball sack of a 16 year old. I guess the cold north wind made it constrict like a tightly balled fist.
She said as long as he keeps opening the sliding glass doors wearing only his boxers, that she will over look the green machine and the gas smells coming from his apartment.........
Kerwin49 is offline Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:04 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,143 Posts
lol

I am writing from my wife's laptop... yesterday a neighbor kid decided to destroy the screen on mine by forcing the lid closed while the usb connector for my phone was sitting at the top of the keyboard. The screen is totally useless unless you just want a night light or something.

I have a new screen on order... looking forward to the two hour project of replacing it when it arrives. I got a quote from Dell... they wanted $400 to ship it in for repairs. I said... might as well get a new laptop. No thanks I'll do it myself.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:00 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,381 Posts
SnowDog.......I'll keep you both in my prayers for a return to good health!

I asked my wife to call the doctor's and insist on an earlier date (heck, she's a nurse manager with that organization!).........we got Dec. 26! I'm thankful!

The light snow continues to fall......about an inch and a half so far.........near calm! I hope you all are surviving the "Big Storm"!
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:01 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,381 Posts
brathanke.......did you contact the kid's parents and ask them to have their homeowner's insurance cover the damage? That's what it's there for.....although some folks get a bit testy......and think their premium will go up....which it won't!
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:23 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,021 Posts
Kerwin49 LOL Surely K50 has some shoe cam videos to keep himself entertained I think he should shoe cam the rent lady and then send her the clip so she can see how terrible she is.

Snowman Thats great about being able to find out on the 26th instead of 9 more days of wondering. good call on that one...

Brathanke Bummer and yeah at that price I'd be looking into some homeowners insurance for sure.

Were supposed to get the storm this evening but they have no clue on rain, snow, sleet how much or how windy lol just allot of well if this happens or that happens this could possibly happen
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:58 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,143 Posts
It would have to be renter's insurance where I live and I don't think they have any.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:03 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,381 Posts
Waldo, just a hundred miles south of here they're getting 18-24 inches, which really isn't a big deal either........when you get 45mph winds and drifting snow......then you can get drifts 8 feet high in a matter of hours.......now that's snow worth getting the snowblower fired up for!!! Rage against the snow my friends! Be safe!