SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:48 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,377 Posts
Plow, I'm building a storage bed frame with matching bookcases for my daughter already........and I'm needing a break from all that sawdust! I just don't want to sit on my hands and gain any fat back!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:07 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,312 Posts
That's gonna be a great bed! I'm sure it will be passed on for many snowy generations!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:12 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
*yawn* Ho hum.......what to do?
Drink!
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:15 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Snowy are you building me a bed as well?
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:31 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,377 Posts
Sure, I'm available when her's is complete........would you like a quote?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:06 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
A Quote, O snowy.
Well toiday I went over to a friends to put a down payment on his pick up. It's a 1997 dodge ram with a 140K on it.
It has some rust on it and his wife complained about it, as he's had it for years. So he went out an bought a late model ford F 150. I offered him 500 but the final price ended up being 650 dollars. A steal in my book.
Any ways while over there I flew my little pico moth at his house. It was a real challange at 1st as they have alot of ornimental trees in thier yard.
After 2 walks of shame and a fall, yes the fat man fell down recovering the moth I finally got the hang of flying around and in beteewn the trees.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:12 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,680 Posts
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:29 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
Wait, you are on MS Flight? I thought I was the only idiot who got conned into buying that awful excuse of a simulator. If you ever feel the need for some multiplayer, look for "RednWook" That'll be me.
I have X. I like it pretty well. I do flight plans and fly the local airports.

Ran the DLE-55 about an hour today. I put the cowl on it. I am sure I will have to pull it and make some tweaks on the needles later. It is running very well right now.

I taxied around some. I did not like the wind and I had not fully charged all the bats so a flight was not in the plan.

May get to fly tomorrow.

Building a replacement Big Stik this week. We beveled the wings, v-stab, and h-stab so it will have some major throws. Could be ready for the weekend. Have to wait and see.

It was potty pump day. The guy that pumps the outhouse just charges us $40 so it is cheap. He likes to see some flying so I hotdogged the Zijji wing around a bit.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:50 PM
BEOWULF
Joined Apr 2008
18,680 Posts
Double post p
Last edited by David22; Dec 17, 2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:54 PM
BEOWULF
Joined Apr 2008
18,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
I like to beat the crip out of a rc plane or truck and then go on to another

It's really a crime I have 61 os on my ucando and its still in the hangar

Too many planes and no time to fly really is bad situation

If I start them up will that have me happier

Snowman you must be a very good carpenter and smart guy to make a bed like that
What wood do you guys use? I would love to see picture of your progress and finished bed. That would be COOL
It's cold here now, snow line is dropping fast, time for salting and shovelling/blowing
Firewood is getting low, I got lots of dry wood in log form mostly maple birch and alder
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:55 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
*yawn* Ho hum.......what to do?
Build a tweplica and that bed is BEAUTIFUL !!!! Can't wait to see it finished by a snowman.

WaYne for Gods sake man FLY THAT JET,,, wind or weather won't be a factor at all and you will spare me from making a pancake lazagna and eating the thing in an anxiety attack
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:19 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,138 Posts
I had a nice afternoon with the 70" slick and my 48" edge. I got to the field at around 2:00 pm. There was nobody there so I decided to try flying with some music. Put my headphones on and enjoyed a few flights with the edge. I really like flying that plane because I am so used to how it handles. It has no surprises for me. I also really liked flying with the headphones on. I think I will be doing that more in the future... it takes the edge off of being out there alone and makes it more enjoyable.

My buddy Brigg showed up during my second flight. I handed him the sticks and let him enjoy some 3dhs awesomeness for a few minutes. Then we turned our attention to the 70" slick. about the time we got it tuned pretty good another guy showed up. I put a quick flight in but didn't like how rich the low end was acting so I landed pretty quick. We tuned it some more. by the time we were finished there were like 15 people there. Most were with a group of ROTC kids that were finding out about rc. They put a couple of electric trainers in the air and were all over the place since they are all new pilots. I put one more 8 min flight up and packed it in. By then it was after 4 pm. Got home around 5 just as it was starting to get dark.

The PTE was running great after all our efforts and I am more than pleased with the power. It really pulls hard. Just jumps out of a hover and if you continue the upline it gains more and more speed up to probably 40 mph straight up. It is really something to see

The challenge now is getting the throttle response how I want it. Right now it is making too much power too soon on the stick movement. Hovering is at like 1/8 throttle. That presents a real problem when you want to get low and slow. I can't even harrier roll with it how it is because my pulses give too much power regardless of how hard I tried to make them small. So that is the next project... going to check out some throttle linkage diagrams and re-set it a bit and maybe do some programming in the A9 to smooth out the throttle curve.

Anyway it was a great afternoon
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:06 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
The challenge now is getting the throttle response how I want it. Right now it is making too much power too soon on the stick movement. Hovering is at like 1/8 throttle. That presents a real problem when you want to get low and slow. I can't even harrier roll with it how it is because my pulses give too much power regardless of how hard I tried to make them small. So that is the next project... going to check out some throttle linkage diagrams and re-set it a bit and maybe do some programming in the A9 to smooth out the throttle curve.
Long arm on the carb, short on the servo, get the full resolution of the servo mechanically first. They can be a pain but once you got it, very sweet. I can see a throttle burb that hovers being a hand full.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:33 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
gas engines's throttle response are very non linear so the linkage set up is set up in a non linear fashion. With the throttle closed you want your servo arm almost parallel to the the side of the servo.
Another way is to program expo on your throttle.
The best way to check your expo is how much of an increase in rpm when you for from 3/4 throttle to full throttle. If you have a very slight increase then add more expo.
I like a thousand rpm increase going from idle to 1/8 stick.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:13 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,377 Posts
David22......thank you for the compliment.....I've been a cabinetmaker/furniture maker for over 28 years. I'm building the bedroom set out of softwoods (spruce, pine, and fir) because she wants it NOW and because I'm the one that'll have to move it everywhere we go and softwood is so much lighter weight. Sure, I'll post some pics as I go. Btw.......she cruised the internet and found the picture I posted.....it sells for two grand plus freight.......materials cost plus my free labor will bring her project to......<$300, finished.

Youngest daughter pulled a hamstring while cheer-leading..........I guess I'm her chauffeur for the next few weeks! Call me Jeeves!

So my wife was watching this TV show called "American Pickers" last night......wouldn't you know it.....they were in the U.P.!!! Heck they were eating pasties and talking about "Yoopers" and making fun of us.......saying there's nothing but trees here and snow........lol. We had a good laugh!