HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:52 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,278 Posts
Just got back from seeing the Hobbit with my wife and three daughters! Good family fun! No violence or nothing like that in that movie....
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:44 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
O it was a twisted sunday. The temp turned out to be 39 degrees. Light winds out of the north, northeast. With stronger winds aloft.
My buddy Jim brought his nitro converted leccy super sportster. It has a 25 OS FX on it.
Now because of some of my meds adjust my altitude I elected to fly my little tigermoth 1st.
Followed by my 41 inch Edge.
Meanwhile Jim warmed up on his herr cub and the other Dan had a leccy as well.
When we tried to start the engine I soon realized the fuel and fill line were swapped.
After swapping the lines we fired the little FX up. Man does that little OS wind up.
Jim had me take it off. I just pointed her into the wind and went WOT. The sportster leapped off the runway and started a hard climb.
I throttle back and gave her a bit of down trim. I found crusing at 1/4 throttle very comfortable. I hand the TX over to Jim and let him fly for awhile before I landed it.
The Green Machine wouldn't pump fuel so she was down, but I made arrangments to take it over to curt's later this week.
Now the other guys were wearing gloves but I guess with my some what numb hands I didn't notice the chill as bad. But the other guys really talked about the cold.
Curt and the VP showed up and did a little videoing.
I really worked hard on my Knife Edging today and praticed flat spinning the little Edge.
We had 2 walks of shame today, Jim broke a prop on a failed hand lanch and the other Dan put his PZ super cub in.
O it was a good day and I'm glad I got to fly at least once more before next year.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:45 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Just got back from seeing the Hobbit with my wife and three daughters! Good family fun! No violence or nothing like that in that movie....
What about Sting? Thats a violent little knife.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:56 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
We all enjoyed the movie as well.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:14 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,278 Posts
Glad to see someone is still flying! Way to go Kerwin! Ya have to be careful flying with those meds on board!

Plow, we had no choice but to see the Hobbit in 3D! Ugh! I can't stand when they give you no option! I would have preferred it in 2D.......still, it wasn't bad........ya have to wonder why they break up such a short story into 3 movies over 2 and a half years! $$$$$

I'm looking forward to Tom Cruise in the futuristic movie that's coming out in April of next year......I'm not much of a Cruise fan, but the plot looks intriguing.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:52 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Is the hobbit in 3 movies
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:59 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,963 Posts
Kerwin awesome flight report sorry to hear about Dan putting his cub in but it sounds lile it was a fun day none the less I haven't flown for almost a month now thank God for sims I've been flying the G4 and my MS flight allot in the last 2 weeks

I've never seen any of the Hobbit movies I'm hoping one of these days,

Snowman What's wrong with the 3D version? Does it kind of take away from the story?
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:03 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,061 Posts
Yes the Hobbit is in three movies. I just had this conversation with my brother earlier this week. I have read the LOTR series a couple of times and I remember being frustrated that they left Tom Bombadil out of the first movie. Lots of lost opportunity for laughs there but hey, the movie was already 3 hours long so I could see why they cut it out.

Now with The Hobbit being strung out over three movies they seem determined to over-extend the plot and give opposite treatment to a pre-quel that amounts to a little romp by comparison. Oh well, I'm sure the movies will be lots of fun and nobody is going to pay me to be a movie critic I have not seen The Hobbit yet btw. I heard it was pretty good if a little slow at times.

I'm thinking about flying tomorrow. I need to hunt for a job too but I need a little school's out celebration I did some work on the PTE carb so I'm hoping it is going to run nice for me now.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:03 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Kerwin awesome flight report sorry to hear about Dan putting his cub in but it sounds lile it was a fun day none the less I haven't flown for almost a month now thank God for sims I've been flying the G4 and my MS flight allot in the last 2 weeks

I've never seen any of the Hobbit movies I'm hoping one of these days,

Snowman What's wrong with the 3D version? Does it kind of take away from the story?
Wait, you are on MS Flight? I thought I was the only idiot who got conned into buying that awful excuse of a simulator. If you ever feel the need for some multiplayer, look for "RednWook" That'll be me.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:58 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,278 Posts
Waldo, did he just call you an idiot!!!!!!
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:11 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
Wait, you are on MS Flight? I thought I was the only idiot who got conned into buying that awful excuse of a simulator. If you ever feel the need for some multiplayer, look for "RednWook" That'll be me.
What version do you have, I started with 95 then 98, then the Milleneium edition which is what I'm still flying today I love that sim really teaches me allot about navigation and using the LOC, ATIS, ILS, ATC it might not be the best application but at least I have a clue about how it all works so I have allot of fun on that thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Waldo, did he just call you an idiot!!!!!!
I believe so and I have to agree I fit that catagory like a shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I need to hunt for a job too but I need a little school's out celebration I did some work on the PTE carb so I'm hoping it is going to run nice for me now.
Nate congrats on the school thing and yes a celebration is your first priority and well deserved
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:08 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
What version do you have, I started with 95 then 98, then the Milleneium edition which is what I'm still flying today I love that sim really teaches me allot about navigation and using the LOC, ATIS, ILS, ATC it might not be the best application but at least I have a clue about how it all works so I have allot of fun on that thing.

I believe so and I have to agree I fit that catagory like a shoe

Nate congrats on the school thing and yes a celebration is your first priority and well deserved
Oh, flight simulator. I have X, done all the other versions. Love the virtual cockpit in X, but the game has sooo many bugs. You can really understand why Microsoft canned that whole Aces group after X. The new one they have is called "Flight" and I thought that was what you were referring to. It has a couple of planes, no way to fly IFR, no control tower, no ability to fly anywhere besides hawaii and alaska. No Autopilot, no AI traffic. The only way to fly with other planes in the air is to go online, the online play is problematic, and theres no real effective way to communicate and fly with any form of coordination.

The best part. The game is $30, want to fly another airplane that will be $20 a plane. Oh look, you can fly in alaska.....for another $50. For $15 you can buy a warbird....oh did we forget to mention it doesn't have a cockpit? our bad, But at least it isn't open source so you can't modify the file or get a cockpit.

MS Flight was just a way for MS to steal $70 from me. It's been almost a year. I still look at the game sand think "surely they are going to updsate and fix this."
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:29 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,963 Posts
Oh yeah i see what your saying LOL I dloaded the free trial of "flight" and your right it was only Hawaii and a couple of planes and you had to buy the rest that!! But I heard even when you bought the version you still had to buy the extras, What the heck is that all the other versions came complete I think I paid $20 for the ME edition back just after it came out, I always let it em sit on the shelves for a year or 2 I think it was $60 when it first came out but I knew a new an improved one would be shortly behind Hence 2004 I think came out, I don't have that one.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:18 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,278 Posts
*yawn* Ho hum.......what to do?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:25 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote: