HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:57 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
Sad news today. It makes me so angry that I'm shaking while I type this. I just don't understand why someone would do that. Especially to kids.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:14 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
My prayers are with them.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:17 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
No skis yet Kerwin.......I plan on a powder landing though! We too have had a mild winter thus far........the Houghton Canal isn't even fully frozen over yet!!! The ponds that I fly off of (I think I drove you by there when you were here) are unsafe to walk on so flying is limited! I have been using my batteries in the drill/drivers though........putting those electrons to good use!

Vic's Cabins is closed for the season.......so if you come bring a thick wallet full of that southern money!
Snowy if your wanting some southern money I'll have to stop by wayne's, Alan's and Shane's 1st.
Otherwise I'll have to get it from the Yanks, just like jesse james
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:54 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,435 Posts
Kerwin, I just thought you'd need all that money to rent a pair of snowmobiles for you and missus.......that'd be around $700/day, plus gas.
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:35 PM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Sad news today. It makes me so angry that I'm shaking while I type this. I just don't understand why someone would do that. Especially to kids.
Agreed!!!
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:39 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Obviously not right in the head.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:47 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,827 Posts
Quote:
David22...... How's things in Canada these days? Have you successfully stopped drinking beer? How's the gout? Do you have any snow yet? Are you planning on flying off the snow this winter? Take care my friend!
I am great, and thanks for asking.

Only snow on the mountains and lots of rain below.

I will for sure fly soon but need to wait for snow to land on flat areas to take of the cub

Big Xmas party tonight he ha

Will try to make video of flying in the snowy mountains soon

How are you Snowman
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:12 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
couldnt get home fast enough to hug my 18 month old daughter. I listen to news radio all day in the van. Beyond terrible.
Wookster is online now Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:55 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Well, I just have to double check the CG and the Extra should be ready to go again. I moved both batteries and cleaned up the wiring. Build two battery extensions. I put the cuffs on with silicon. I know how long it will last but it should not break anything else. I still have the cowl off. I want to fun it some more in case it needs some tweaking. I did not cut a hole to adjust it with the cowl on. I think those are ugly.

Hopefully, all will go well from here.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:54 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
God bless those babies and their parents.

Why can't we protect our schools and our precious children at least as well as we do our private sector businesses? Our government sucks!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:45 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Please don't take this the wrong way. My condolences to all those that lost someone today.

We already have police at almost every campus. Teachers addend briefings on local gang activities. There are metal detectors on the doors of many schools. Video monitors all over the campus'. I am not sure what would be 100% safe and still be a learning environment. My wife is an elementary teacher. I am certified but have not been in the classroom full-time. A student at my wife's school was caught with a gun at school this year.

I know the gun control activists will jump on this but more gun control will not stop someone that wants to do harm to others.

I am glad we did not attend school at a prison when I was a kid. I was in 6th grade when the tower shooting at UT happened. The most dangerous weapon is often the human mind.

There simply is no safe haven. I just hope that we don't wind up with TSA style check points everywhere we go in the name of keeping us safe.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:56 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
God bless those babies and their parents.

Why can't we protect our schools and our precious children at least as well as we do our private sector businesses? Our government sucks!
The answer is having a population that possesses more virtue. The problem starts in the home and kids not having dependable parents that love them and teach them. I can't speak for the kids that did this today because I don't know them, but I doubt they come from families that aren't fractured in some way. Unfortunately the response to a lack of virtue is less freedom. A people without virtue is incapable of self-governance.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:44 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,046 Posts
My condolences to those who are suffering today what an unfathomable happening. There is no answer to how to prevent this type of behavior. We can only stay alert and look for signs of these type of people in distress and sometimes no signs are visible until its too late, but I agree it all starts in the upbringing. When your afraid to disapline your children because of the fear of parental abuse at home this is the type child that comes out of it, No fear and no repercussions. and then there are parents that take it too far also so its tough to know where to draw that line, Its just a tragedy anyway you look at it. And a reminder in this world to cherrish every single day with your loved ones as the greatest gift of all.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:02 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Quote:
Kerwin, I just thought you'd need all that money to rent a pair of snowmobiles for you and missus.......that'd be around $700/day, plus gas.
SNOWMOBILES, one thing I know is there are only so many things a snowman can take. Eating A-1 on his prime rib is one thing. But showing up at his door with a snowmobile is quite another.
Now snowy my friend what about a twist powered sled.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:08 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,435 Posts
Snowmobiles are vile Kerwin!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman