HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:03 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
I went across the street to the schoolyard to get in a couple quick flights. Ever see a profile plane go wot into a street?! What a mess! On the second flight about a minute I had a completely non responsive plane and she dove straight in from about 200 feet wide open!!! Nothing from that plane will ever fly again! It was by far the worst crash I have ever seen!!!! The engine is destroyed, even the tank had holes in it! I wish you guys could have seen it! That's why I don't like to fly alone, no witnesses that can appreciate full carnage!!
dang,sorry we missed it...would have been cool to watch. sorry to hear about the loss...especially the engine and the RX!
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:23 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
dang,sorry we missed it...would have been cool to watch. sorry to hear about the loss...especially the engine and the RX!
Yeah, she was actually flying really well the last couple of outings. It was totally my fault too, I didn't charge the LiFe battery and it froze here last night. I'm pretty sure it was a brown out, although the tx battery is only holding around 300 mAh, soooo. It was reading 10.2 or something on the tx but now I won't use it again till I get a new battery. I guess it's a good thing that winter finally showed up here, now I can set about restoring my fleet! I need to finish the Twist and start the Cub. I also need to go through the Extra because I think I'm going to buy a truck to haul it in! It would be nice to go to the field with a couple of nitro planes and a couple of gassers too!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:28 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5,443 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, she was actually flying really well the last couple of outings. It was totally my fault too, I didn't charge the LiFe battery and it froze here last night. I'm pretty sure it was a brown out, although the tx battery is only holding around 300 mAh, soooo. It was reading 10.2 or something on the tx but now I won't use it again till I get a new battery. I guess it's a good thing that winter finally showed up here, now I can set about restoring my fleet! I need to finish the Twist and start the Cub. I also need to go through the Extra because I think I'm going to buy a truck to haul it in! It would be nice to go to the field with a couple of nitro planes and a couple of gassers too!
"Thou shalt always charge thy batteries"

I've got a lot of winter work to do; my goal is to have two glow and two gassers next spring as well as my small fleet of electrics too. Hoping my van keeps running cause thats what I use to transport my planes.

here's my plan for next spring:
Glow planes: T__T 60/Saito 1.15, Wild Fred Laminar Yak profile/Saito .72
Gassers: 3DHS 71" Slick/Mintor 33, Brian Guinn's EEV2/DLE-30
Leccys: 3DHS 65" Vyper, 3DHS 58" Edge, 3DHS 51" Slick

Now, where am I gonna put that Twist Heauxdown trophy???
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:45 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
"Thou shalt always charge thy batteries"

I've got a lot of winter work to do; my goal is to have two glow and two gassers next spring as well as my small fleet of electrics too. Hoping my van keeps running cause thats what I use to transport my planes.

here's my plan for next spring:
Glow planes: T__T 60/Saito 1.15, Wild Fred Laminar Yak profile/Saito .72
Gassers: 3DHS 71" Slick/Mintor 33, Brian Guinn's EEV2/DLE-30
Leccys: 3DHS 65" Vyper, 3DHS 58" Edge, 3DHS 51" Slick

Now, where am I gonna put that Twist Heauxdown trophy???

That last question is begging for a smarta$$ answer!! I'll give you a pass this time though since you are the only one who has managed to put your T---T where your mouth is!!

I have wanted an EEV2 since he first started cutting them! Please do a build thread!! And please let me fly it!!!!!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:46 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
CreoleBaby is about to sing in the Christmas concert down here at the church. This should be fun! Can't ever get these days back once they are gone!!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:01 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,949 Posts
Those are the kind that are sort of satisfying in a way Plow... except the no witnesses part... oh and the no control part. I had a crash like that about 1.5 yrs ago but I didn't have a radio connection to blame it on.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:31 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,172 Posts
Dang it PB... HAT CAM!
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:03 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Dang it PB... HAT CAM!
Doh!!! Now you tell me!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:28 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,518 Posts
O Alan I'm so sorry. That poor poor profile. Thats the 2nd one this year isn't it.Your as bad with them as I am with my little 3DHS Edges. I'm on my 3rd one this year.
Great to hear about your daughter. Enjoy her now, they grow up so fast.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:44 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5,443 Posts
Quote:
That last question is begging for a smarta$$ answer!! I'll give you a pass this time though since you are the only one who has managed to put your T---T where your mouth is!!

I have wanted an EEV2 since he first started cutting them! Please do a build thread!! And please let me fly it!!!!!
I will do a build thread...but it will be on my forum, 3drcf, not here.
And you can fly it, if you come to the 3DHS FLI in Cape Girardeau in June 2013!

And thanks for not giving me an answer to my question regarding the storage location of the trophy...I didn't realize when I made that post just how much I was leaving myself open to some *ahem* uncomfortable suggestions on that one.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:17 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,842 Posts
Plow bummer on the crash bummer on having no vid awesome on Creole singing her heart out go enjoy that show

Nice agenda snowdog
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:19 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
We'll see what the weather is like tomorrow. The 60 has been resurrected and ready for a re-maiden. It is a little heavier than I would like (8lbs) but I think it'll be ok. CG is at 5.5" with my rx battery as far back as it will go and still fit in the fuse. That 6s battery is a little on the heavy side.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:33 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,403 Posts
Quote:
I went across the street to the schoolyard to get in a couple quick flights. Ever see a profile plane go wot into a street?! What a mess! On the second flight about a minute I had a completely non responsive plane and she dove straight in from about 200 feet wide open!!! Nothing from that plane will ever fly again! It was by far the worst crash I have ever seen!!!! The engine is destroyed, even the tank had holes in it! I wish you guys could have seen it! That's why I don't like to fly alone, no witnesses that can appreciate full carnage!!
ugh, been there done that. Had a hitech servo fail on the elevator at 400 feet.
Wookster is online now Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:58 AM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
Plowboy Sorry to about your plane. I have had my share of those OH On moments the past few months started this year out with five planes now I have one. So let us build.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:46 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,949 Posts
Snowdog that is quite a list of plane builds you are about to undertake!
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater