My Mind's Eye has sand in it!
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 05:02 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
I may have to sell the jet. It is taking up too much room in my office and I don't have a nice, clean, safe place to put it.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Dec 07, 2012, 05:07 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
What's Daniel's real name?
MTFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
In Grams
Fuse 5820 <it did go over 5000>
Wing 769
Wing 2 756 <missing a wing bolt but still curious>
Wing Tube 122
Canopy 266
Wheel pants 100
SFG <in clear thin Plastic bag> 69

7902 Grams or 17.4 lbs
That should be about right. I have some fuel and smoke oil still in the plane along with the ignition battery, smoke battery, tank, switch, and dot.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 05:15 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post

That should be about right. I have some fuel and smoke oil still in the plane along with the ignition battery, smoke battery, tank, switch, and dot.
I have 1/2 lb of lead on the stand offs at the motor. I am going to see how close the CG is to proper flight.

I have a small Glow Fuel dot, I need to order a good one to mount.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 05:52 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,711 Posts
Quote:
I may have to sell the jet. It is taking up too much room in my office and I don't have a nice, clean, safe place to put it.
put it in the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Well, Waldo... that is a pretty serious threat? Your knuckles or someone else's?
gracious me not my knuckles I'm a flyer not a fighter unless of course its dogfighting

Snowman your killin me lolol

Good luck DOG
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:17 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daoldguy View Post
i have 1/2 lb of lead on the stand offs at the motor. I am going to see how close the cg is to proper flight.

I have a small glow fuel dot, i need to order a good one to mount.
OMG!

I have an H-9 dot on the smoke and a Miracle dot on the fuel. Not fancy. I like the Miracle because it is a 1/4 turn lock.

The Pin Flag is here so not I need to mount that.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:25 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
I don't have a neat tip for drilling a hole through covering/ply. The covering frequently tears and a patch is required. I am toying with some ideas but I thought I would ask if anyone has some helpful hints.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:26 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
11,993 Posts
Quote:
OMG!

I have an H-9 dot on the smoke and a Miracle dot on the fuel. Not fancy. I like the Miracle because it is a 1/4 turn lock.

The Pin Flag is here so not I need to mount that.
OMG what? until I get that .4 lb spinner, she is REALLY neutral...I like a tad leaning to nose heavy.

Miracle dots are nice
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:29 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
11,993 Posts
Quote:
I don't have a neat tip for drilling a hole through covering/ply. The covering frequently tears and a patch is required. I am toying with some ideas but I thought I would ask if anyone has some helpful hints.
I number 7 the covering first..

If you look at AMain Hobbies, they have a deal that is like the versa bit, or uni bit that is made for Lexan RC Car bodies... that does a dandy job. <no drill required>
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:19 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,711 Posts
Quote:
Wayne I'm not really sure of what your drilling through I musta missed something what type of covering/ply what are you trying to achieve??
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:25 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
11,993 Posts
This is the item I was talking about Wayne, I got to get one the next order I send in to them.
ProTek R/C "TruTorque" Body Reamer

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph.../Tools-Reamers

I got a sheet of lead from a friend, it is like 3/32 thick, and 8X12 was just hair over a 1/2 lb. Its wonderful, folded it over in 1/4ths and dollied it flat with a hammer, then rolled it around the standoffs. Makes a create temp ballast.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:34 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,583 Posts
I'm still hanging around here. Just did not realize how much time being a boss can eat up. Not uncommon to be doing paper work until 9:30 at night.

Did get some HD 9150 digitals for the Sukhoi, so may start on it ............... some day.

I may be up to my a$$ in aligators right now, but the posts here are an morale builder. I can only imagine what kind of mad house would result if we all got into the same place some day.

Small knuckles indeed.......................... And after reading the past several posts, notice I'm not saying anything about the true torque body reamer ............. Ooooooooops, guess I just did.
NoMatta is online now Find More Posts by NoMatta
Last edited by NoMatta; Dec 07, 2012 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Added Thought .. owwwwwwww
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:02 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
11,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMatta View Post
Small knuckles indeed.......................... And after reading the past several posts, notice I'm not saying anything about the true torque body reamer ............. Ooooooooops, guess I just did.
Well... I guess the copy and paste of the Full Name didnt help keep the gutters clean.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:15 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMatta View Post
I'm still hanging around here. Just did not realize how much time being a boss can eat up. Not uncommon to be doing paper work until 9:30 at night.

Did get some HD 9150 digitals for the Sukhoi, so may start on it ............... some day.

I may be up to my a$$ in aligators right now, but the posts here are an morale builder. I can only imagine what kind of mad house would result if we all got into the same place some day.

Oh my mental eyes!!! Stop Stop STOP!
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:18 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,490 Posts
Alot of times Wayne I'll use a round tip soldering iron for for going through the covering as well as a pilot hole.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50