HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:41 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
Oh god, I've been to over 600 McDonalds this year. I certainly don't crave that anymore.
I haven't had one in years! I hardly ever eat hamburgers anymore. I got tired of being fat! Still, I might have to get one today!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:04 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,253 Posts
I cycled my tx bat in my dx7 and it only took 256. I'm doing it again. It's supposed to hold 1500! I've never cycled it before, so I'm hoping it will come back up.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:09 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Dang, that must be some tough lasagna...what's it made of, carbon fiber pasta?
LOL I think the the wife just put too much pressure on the plate part I didn't think it was that tough, not even frozen just left over stuff were trying to clean out the fridge for the Big Juicing project which I'm about done with already LOL Too much cleaning involved I'll buy a gallon of OJ at a time lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Yeah Waldo, my wife bought the nutri bullet. It's still sitting in the box. never been opened.
I got a letter from my apartment manager.
The letter stated that I'm not using the apartment for it's intended use. Personal residence.
Instead my wife was making pies at 11 O clock at night, on the night in question, and that was in the kitchen.
Thats just wrong in everyway possible, If the home is to be intended for a PERSONAL residence isn't doing what you love to do PERSONAL what do they expect you to do sit in the apartment and not breathe I agree with the gang and say your ranch bound, although I'd add a quick smack to the head of your apartment manager just to burn that bridge. If I'm paying rent on a place I'll do whatever the heck I want to do as long as its not destroying the apartment. Just let me know, I'll come down and set the band up inside your living room if they really want to know what noise you could be producing

I'm way over the margin for McD's consumption lol thats what happens when you eat on the road most of the time though.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:34 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
I cycled my tx bat in my dx7 and it only took 256. I'm doing it again. It's supposed to hold 1500! I've never cycled it before, so I'm hoping it will come back up.
Ever since I put a lipo in my tx I hardly ever have to charge it. If you end up needing to replace the battery go lipo!
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:42 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,433 Posts
I'm proud to report that fast food doesn't pass over these lips! Even still I can't seem to get to the 50lbs lost mark! I'm not giving up though.......I'm going to lose the weight and win the hodown! Now that's ending on a positive note!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:03 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
I'm proud to report that fast food doesn't pass over these lips! Even still I can't seem to get to the 50lbs lost mark! I'm not giving up though.......I'm going to lose the weight and win the hodown! Now that's ending on a positive note!
I hope you do both snowman!! I'm proud of your efforts so far. I'm actually trying to take more off myself, I'd like to get below 200 again.
Of course, that doesn't mean I'm not going to try to beat you in the hodown! That is, if I ever get my T---T in the air!!
Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:06 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
LOL I think the the wife just put too much pressure on the plate part I didn't think it was that tough, not even frozen just left over stuff were trying to clean out the fridge for the Big Juicing project which I'm about done with already LOL Too much cleaning involved I'll buy a gallon of OJ at a time lol

Thats just wrong in everyway possible, If the home is to be intended for a PERSONAL residence isn't doing what you love to do PERSONAL what do they expect you to do sit in the apartment and not breathe I agree with the gang and say your ranch bound, although I'd add a quick smack to the head of your apartment manager just to burn that bridge. If I'm paying rent on a place I'll do whatever the heck I want to do as long as its not destroying the apartment. Just let me know, I'll come down and set the band up inside your living room if they really want to know what noise you could be producing

I'm way over the margin for McD's consumption lol thats what happens when you eat on the road most of the time though.
I install window graphics on their stores for the entire midwest. It's a hazard of the job. Couple years ago they were doing "free Frappe fridays" we visited 20 stores that day. We were practically vibrating from the sugar and caffeine.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:50 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
I'm going to lose the weight and win the hodown! Now that's ending on a positive note!
Wahooooooo Thats what I like to hear!!! Confidence !!!!!! as we shall beeee TRIUMPHANT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
I install window graphics on their stores for the entire midwest. It's a hazard of the job. Couple years ago they were doing "free Frappe fridays" we visited 20 stores that day. We were practically vibrating from the sugar and caffeine.
I guess that is a Hazard for sure LOL I can just see you zinging in the air and giving the customers wet willys running in and out of the establishments Whoop whoop wahoooo. LOL I wish I could say it was a "Job Hazard" When really its just a Waldo Hazardous decision LOL
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:29 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,433 Posts
The order from HobbyPartz just arrived.........WOOOHOOOO.......first time ever that they didn't Fruck it up! I did order two continuous rotation servos that were cheap, but I forgot to look at how big they are!!!! These things are friggin' huge! 1.5x1.5x .75 (inches) Too big for the bomb release mechanisms I had in mind, but should be great for a robot drive or some future project!

We're having high winds and a high wind advisory is in effect......good for business........blew down a fence, shearing off the 4x4's placed every six feet for 30 running feet.......dug through the recently thawed, but still stiff, soil and got the job done in record time. Another one of those lump sum bids that the customer had to have done "NOW"! Christmas came early today!!!! Of course the repair work on my vehicle will surely take that and more tomorrow! The Lord giveth and the mechanic taketh away! Kerwin, I know what you're going to say...."why didn't you fix it yourself?" And my answer: I just don't feel like crawling on cold concrete and aggravating the 'ol arthritis!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:56 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,149 Posts
Quote:
Is it NiCd? You should trash it if it is. If you must cycle, it will take 3 to 5 cycles. Make the charges not more than .2C and discharge at 1A.
waynemia is online now Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:49 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Is it NiCd? You should trash it if it is. If you must cycle, it will take 3 to 5 cycles. Make the charges not more than .2C and discharge at 1A.
It's NiMh, I just flew with it anyway. I'll try cycling it a few times and set the parameters as you suggest. Thanks for the tip!

I guess you have wind up there too? I just got two flights on the Sabre in 16 mph north winds. Still fun, and the school kids are a blast to have as an audience!! Lol
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:58 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,253 Posts
Kerwin, you're late for dinner!! Guess I'll have to eat all this gumbo myself, well, what CreoleBaby doesn't eat!!
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:05 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,149 Posts
Quote:
It's NiMh, I just flew with it anyway. I'll try cycling it a few times and set the parameters as you suggest. Thanks for the tip!

I guess you have wind up there too? I just got two flights on the Sabre in 16 mph north winds. Still fun, and the school kids are a blast to have as an audience!! Lol
Winds from the North at 2mph tomorrow at Noon. Maiden??

NiMh, I would not hold out a lot of hope to revive it. I guess it is worth a try anyway. The transmitter should be low current anyway.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:01 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,460 Posts
O damn Alan thats the story of my life. A day late an a dollar short.
When cycling nimh's, set your discharge voltage to .9 volts per cell. The magic number seems to be 5 cycles.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:25 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
When cycling nimh's, set your discharge voltage to .9 volts per cell. The magic number seems to be 5 cycles.
.9V/cell is typical for about .5C discharge rate. So that is 1A for a 2000mAh pack. If you have less discharge current, the cutoff is higher and a lower cutoff for more current. Too many other variables that can make a difference. I personally use 1A discharge and .85V/cell most of the time.

If the batteries sit for a while, I just charge them at .1C for a long, slow charge. That usually gets them to full charge. The only thing I get from cycling NiMh is a profile of capacity. They don't have the memory problem Nicds have so I don't see the memory break down improvement in a NiMh that shows up with an abused Nicd.

If you are interested, I have some liion packs that I ran come cycles on. I was thinking of putting them in the 50cc plane. Two consistently ran 3000mAh and one was just half that. All three batteries were the same specs originally. I ran those and two Dynalife Liion packs. Four were consistently delivering 3000mAh and the one was 1500. These were all rated at 4000mAh, 2S. I don't remember what I used for a cutoff voltage. I used 1A and 1.5A as the discharge rates to they were not over worked at all.

I have some graphing chargers so I drag them out when I am interested in more specific details of what is going on. If I try a new brand of battery for example.