to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:19 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Ron - I fixed everything. The point is I should not have to. As for the wrong screws, there were no alternative screws and the instructions talk about them being already installed. I don't find it acceptable. On the fairings, you either use a tap or try to tap them with the screw.

The disintegration in the bags is just poor quality material.

Even if I don't need the 70 degree deflection, it should do what they say it will.

Both bottom covers had to be trimmed 1/16" to fit. Not just swelling ply.
One thing <and I am not making excuses> the manual may not be updated to the current build, deflections may have changed.

I thought I had stripped a cowl blind nut and it turned out I needed the 4 40s in there and not the M3. I dont own any taps and the screw when in as soon as I found the hole.

Did you say you got a 4 inch CF Spinner, I think it takes a 3.5... I know the 4 inch I have is too big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billd76 View Post
About 5 minutes into the flight with my YAK with DLE 20, it just blew apart, like some one shot it with a shot gun. Only thing left is the left wing, enigne, Rx, battery and servos. After looking at it, looks like the left wing walked off. Wing thumb screw was missing. Was flying great up until that point, so I assume that the wing bolt just loosened up during flight.
Dude.. that sux... Its times like this that gravity is just not nice.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:59 PM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
One thing <and I am not making excuses> the manual may not be updated to the current build, deflections may have changed.

I thought I had stripped a cowl blind nut and it turned out I needed the 4 40s in there and not the M3. I dont own any taps and the screw when in as soon as I found the hole.

Did you say you got a 4 inch CF Spinner, I think it takes a 3.5... I know the 4 inch I have is too big.

I'm thinking it might be time to go back to my art as a hobby
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:17 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
Thanks once again wayne
OK, I was joking about the asbestos David. If you want a safe box for charging lixx, just get a metal box and make a hole in one end.

Quote:

Yes, the 4" is a shade too big but I already had it. $65 for another one.

I am using the nylon cowl screws the provided. I think they planned on using the nylon screws for the SFGs too. I need to fit them tomorrow.

Nah, they still think the the elevator is supposed to go 70 degrees.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:22 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Yes, the 4" is a shade too big but I already had it. $65 for another one.

I am using the nylon cowl screws the provided. I think they planned on using the nylon screws for the SFGs too. I need to fit them tomorrow.

Nah, they still think the the elevator is supposed to go 70 degrees.
I use the nylons for the Canopy. I have yet to see anyone use the nylon on the SFG's, I always see a screw driver and metal screws. I haven't mounted mine yet.

This video is good fun, Joe's mom posted this, it has a bit of him and the 103 extra in Dubai. I worked at a Drop Zone in my teens packing chutes, love this stuff.
SKYDIVE DUBAI - WPC "MONDIAL" 2012 - DAY 4 (8 min 40 sec)
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:30 PM
Joined Aug 2009
504 Posts
Quote:

never was comfortable with the wingmount screws. Anyway anyone got an airframe good for a DLE 20?
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:35 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,032 Posts
Quote:
never was comfortable with the wingmount screws. Anyway anyone got an airframe good for a DLE 20?
What brand Yak was your recently parted friend?

Aerobees has some nice profiles...
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:05 PM
Joined Aug 2009
504 Posts
Quote:
What brand Yak was your recently parted friend?

Aerobees has some nice profiles...
Valley view RC
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:06 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,752 Posts
Yes is the best thread ever plow where on earth could we ever talk about planes cars horses bands rugs engines fish bBQ's electronics hunting musicals plays models boats AND BACON !!! And that's still leaving a ton of topics not listed

Billd so sorry to hear that, find yourself another frame for sure things happen in this hobby sometimes you just can't explain the bottom line is it just stinks, but spray some glade on the situation and get back up there the greatness and fun far out weighs the misfortunes.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:36 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,032 Posts
Quote:
Valley view RC
You know, there was one at the Keystone last year I really like, the 70 inch Velox with a 20cc.. Those seem to be very sweet.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:52 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Dec 02, 2012 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Screwed up
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:36 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,032 Posts
Was your elevator pre hinged or did you have to glue them?
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:49 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,858 Posts
Well Wayne, I'm sorry you had trouble with the parts that came with it but now I have to say... That is one sexy looking beast of a plane
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:10 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,367 Posts
Hah, fixed the pesky 450. Turns out those high dollar "precision balanced at the factory" CF Blades......aren't. In a last ditch effort to figure out why she shook like Michael J Fox after a red bull, I put the "precision balanced" blades on a balancer. it took two 1 inch 4-40 screws on the tip of one of the blades to balance it. Thankfully after putting another new set of CF blades on it that did balance, the LHS folks just let me take those. Now she runs great.
Wookster is online now Find More Posts by Wookster