SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:05 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Two days in on a Mr. Mulligan build and about 1/2 day left. This is going to be a pretty little plane. I looked up some of the history on it today and printed it for the owner. Basically done. I have to mount the cowl, cleanup the wiring, insert the rear cover, balance, and it is done. Throws are already set. I built it with flaps. It has 52.5 WS and 4S power with a 740 Kv motor. I am expecting about 700W. AUW is supposed to be about 5.5lbs so about 125W/lb. That should be pretty good performance.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:46 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,045 Posts
Great Flight report Kerwin very good stuff there, well except poor Kerwin49 forgetting the box and the servo quandry

Snowman I hope you won't have to walk out the upstairs window to get to the driveway
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:41 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,580 Posts
Hey guys, good to hear all the flight reports and what not. Made it back safe and sound from Colorado Springs. Beautiful weather out there...no flying, but lots of good quality time with my son and his wife and their dog. Had a great Thanksgiving Day turkey meal with lots of pies for dessert. Nice weather and no incidents on the way home made me very grateful. Our van has 217K miles on it and rides super nice on the highway. For the record, Nebraska and Iowa interstates are very boring.
Bring on the building season; I've got lots of builds in the queue.
p.s. Go Bears!
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:47 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Hey guys, good to hear all the flight reports and what not. Made it back safe and sound from Colorado Springs. Beautiful weather out there...no flying, but lots of good quality time with my son and his wife and their dog. Had a great Thanksgiving Day turkey meal with lots of pies for dessert. Nice weather and no incidents on the way home made me very grateful. Our van has 217K miles on it and rides super nice on the highway. For the record, Nebraska and Iowa interstates are very boring.
Bring on the building season; I've got lots of builds in the queue.
p.s. Go Bears!
Welcome Back! Bears... we hit those on the highway here.

Interstate 80 in Nebraska and Iowa are positivly right up with watching paint dry. Now and then in Iowa, you may get excited and see a tree, Nebraska there is a wind generator now and then.... when traveling there, that was my high points...... The Radio stations were not the best pickin either.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:53 AM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I could see that "possibly" if the camera were right on top of the RX persay but short of that I am having trouble with it. I would say that range check worked well on the video I posted. Here, the HD cam is on the tail and the RX is located in the top of the fuse right behind the canopy. It is a wee little 3 gram <total weight> XPS 2.4 Nano rx not much bigger then a postage stamp.

I am interested in what affects have been seen.
Lets say you fly electric twist
Esc as example can interfere with rx

As Wayne said ground tests are important

I do many ground testing and checking before install of electric stuff

Separation is good way to keep rx away from all electrics and conductive stuff on the plane
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joined Jan 2009
5,580 Posts
Quote:
Welcome Back! Bears... we hit those on the highway here.

Interstate 80 in Nebraska and Iowa are positivly right up with watching paint dry. Now and then in Iowa, you may get excited and see a tree, Nebraska there is a wind generator now and then.... when traveling there, that was my high points...... The Radio stations were not the best pickin either.
The Adair Wind Project in Iowa is pretty cool, but that is the high point!
As far as radio stations go...can you say Audio Books! I listened to David Baldacci's The Innocent on the trip...great way to spend time...the suspense and fast paced action and drama of a good audio book always helps on a long car ride. On the way home, I drove 6 hours, Renee drove 6 hours, I drove 5 hours, and Renee drove the last hour. Thank God for two drivers; I would have had trouble making that last hour on my own.

Ron, as you might have heard, 3DHS is planning the Fly Low In series for 2013. Is your club going to repeat their event, and if so, any idea when? I'd like to see if there is any way to make it out there for your event if you have one next year.

This should be a really fun series...any chance any of you can make the Midwest FLI? Kerwin, you are coming, of course, right?!

http://www.3drcforums.com/forumdispl...-Low-In-Series
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:16 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
I did manage a quick flight on the Sabre yesterday in a stiff 20+ mph wind. I went across the street to the school yard, kinda tight but close by. After I landed the wind flipped over the plane and cracked the rudder. No big deal there. I can't wait for a nice calm day and time to fly again!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:26 AM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,814 Posts
Cool video Waldo
Love the intro
Will watch rest of video on my lunch break
Must be hard to concentrate with all those planes looking alike
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:35 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,431 Posts
Waldo......we're still using the ground floor door as of yet....and hoping it stays that way for the remainder of winter.

Bears? We eat bears up here! Taste pretty good too!

If the weather stays in the 20's for much longer there'll be enough ice on the ponds and lakes to go flying!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

My nephews have gone home and I have the rest of the deer season to myself.....that is if my wife doesn't have me remodeling the downstairs bathroom first!

PLow........any flyin' is good flyin'.....I expect a ho-down entry soon, yes?

With the exception of the Southern boys......sounds like the rest of you are readying yourselves for hibernation! Don't that beat all!

Nap time.
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:04 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Flew the TT60 all day Saturday in the cold That dang ASP 91 actually has balls in the cold weather, hehe. Bring on the snow so i can put some Skiis on
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:07 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Snowy ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh on those honey do's. Have you got ski's on that little TM yet?
I'm about to go tear into the Green Machine. I'm pulling the motor and pulling the carb apart.
Having the green machine down is as bad as having the twist down.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:10 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
Flew the TT60 all day Saturday in the cold That dang ASP 91 actually has balls in the cold weather, hehe. Bring on the snow so i can put some Skiis on
Tom,
Good to hear from you! Careful what you wish for!!
Also, June 27-30, 2013...Midwest FLI...Be There!
-Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:20 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Ron, as you might have heard, 3DHS is planning the Fly Low In series for 2013. Is your club going to repeat their event, and if so, any idea when? I'd like to see if there is any way to make it out there for your event if you have one next year.
We are going to have an event in 2013, lots of details to sort out, not sure on a date just yet, Logistics you know.

Flight report for this morning.
The 87 SHP took step today, winds were blowing good and was expecting some tail heavyness. I let Arron give it a trim flight, too get some feed back... Yup... it was neutral to tail heavy, but happily very powerful and snappy. With the wind then increasing more and the need to shift items / slash add weight to the nose, I was happy to put her in the car and go home for the day.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:25 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Quote:
We are going to have an event in 2013, lots of details to sort out, not sure on a date just yet, Logistics you know.

Flight report for this morning.
The 87 SHP took step today, winds were blowing good and was expecting some tail heavyness. I let Arron give it a trim flight, too get some feed back... Yup... it was neutral to tail heavy, but happily very powerful and snappy. With the wind then increasing more and the need to shift items / slash add weight to the nose, I was happy to put her in the car and go home for the day.

That sounds good! I'll bet you can't wait to get her back out!! What engine and prop again?
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:44 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
That sounds good! I'll bet you can't wait to get her back out!! What engine and prop again?
RCG 55 and Xoar Sword 22X8

I am excited. but as Arron learned, I had too much in the low rates, high rates needed more expo. its nice to take the time to sort out that stuff, my thanks to him for taking the spin to do so.
Last edited by DaOldGuy; Nov 26, 2012 at 05:11 PM.