SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:24 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,536 Posts
Wooster nice pictures and lovely wife

Snowman get your cats up here ASAP

I got rats in storage containers and rather to poison them would rather make your cat collection happy

Hopefully this weekend I will get twist 40 on bench to make sure he is air worthy
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:14 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
How do you get yourself in these things...
DOG.......that's a good question......maybe because city slickers are so pathetic? Maybe because their mother/wife is my baby sister and has been spoiled since birth? Perhaps because they look at their uncle as a outdoor legend and therefore stroke my ego? Perhaps none of my seven children took me up on the offer to teach them all that I know.......yet? Perhaps I'm a glutton for punishment? Perhaps if I didn't go on these outings life would seem predictable and safe? Who knows.....but as you can tell I've given it some thought.

SnowDog.......have a safe trip buddy!

David22......I'm gonna make a trip out there to see you sometime! Be prepared!
Wookster........that's a beautiful little girl you have there and after seeing a picture of her mom......I know where she gets her good looks!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:30 AM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Hey,
Had great Thanks Giving. Wife has been out shopping the last two days and just left to go out again!! I have been cleaning out the utility sheds and today, tackling the basement. Last night started cutting out the templates for the PT 19 wing. Then of course, I look at the classified here and found a full dynaflite PT 19 kit for 250.00 shipped. So I bought it. Thinking I will try to build from scratch anyway. Figure it will be good practice This is my first attempt at stick building. And kit buidling too. All the guys at the club have agreed to build something for War Birds over delaware this coming July. most of them laid down some big bucks yesterday at the LHS. One member spent 2300.00!! After the 20 % discount!! Wow!! If I did that, wife would have all my stuff on the front lawn and the locks changed on the doors!!
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:44 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
O Snowy, perhaps perhaps
Perhaps maybe you were to adopt me. All you'd really need to do is get a snowmobile and stock the A-1. O and maybe a kittty or two.
Now for some of you guys that don't know me, I was just teasing about the kittys. My wife have adopted 2 here at the apartment complex. !st thing we did was get them spayed.
Then last summer a pair of kittens showed up. So I took them out to the property to train as mousers.
My last batch out there slowy disappeared. Even though they had the dobies protecting them.
I think a red tailed hawk carried them away.

While the wind is suppose to be at it today, tomorrow looks like a fly day.
I don't know if I'm going to get this twist in the ho down before building season begins.
If I'm the only entry maybe I'll win by default. LOL
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:59 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,008 Posts
Drive safe SnoDog. I'm glad it seems everyone has had a good Thanksgiving... pies or no pies. Good luck hunting Snowman.

Today I feel like a fire is lighted under me. Only a few weeks left of the semester and an amazing amount of work to be done. I just have to do one thing at a time and get it all accomplished. I got up early this morning to study and had a really productive session. I just have to keep this up for two more weeks!
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:14 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Drive safe SnoDog. I'm glad it seems everyone has had a good Thanksgiving... pies or no pies. Good luck hunting Snowman.

Today I feel like a fire is lighted under me. Only a few weeks left of the semester and an amazing amount of work to be done. I just have to do one thing at a time and get it all accomplished. I got up early this morning to study and had a really productive session. I just have to keep this up for two more weeks!
Not a thang for a guy like you Nate, no worries, you got this.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:14 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,008 Posts
You fpv-ers might be interested in this. The best fpv vids I have seen come from gopro cameras. The keychain cams are catching up though it seems.

HD #16 808 Keychain Camera Lens D vs. GoPro Hero HD (1 min 8 sec)
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:30 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
You fpv-ers might be interested in this. The best fpv vids I have seen come from gopro cameras. The keychain cams are catching up though it seems.
I have to wonder if they are getting more stable. I really like the keychain cams, noise reduction was great on them but the last couple I had just would not function well. There were the pauses that i am guessing were caused when the camera would write to the card.

I have been seeing the Surf version of the GoPro for 149 and a couple competing companies have now stepped up so maybe we have hit the point where they will become more cost affective.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:33 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Oh no Wayne say it isn't so if you build another beautiful bird it will be hanging next to your Jet at least crack a few ribs and the fin so you'll fly it lol what don't you like about the reversers I have been fortuneate enough to have never had a problem with them.
Mr. Mulligan is not my plane so I am sure it will fly. Besides, it is not a special as the F/A-18E!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Wayne, no matter what........a bunch of holy terrors is still a bunch of holy terrors.....clay pigeons or not! Thanks for the suggestion though......I've not even shot at clays in 45-69 mph winds.....
I know. Just trying to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Well suppose to be in the 30's with 22mph someodd winds the winds aint nuttin to what we've been flying in and then we are closing the field up for the winter as I won't be there next week and we'll probably have snow in 2 weeks time anyway. But the Building season can begin
See? There is the fundamental problem. You take a few months off to build stuff. I/We don't take a winter break. More time to break, no time to fix.

Quote:
Well... I ordered 2, one for the Elevator if it could not get sorted out and one for the Flaps since I need the additional channel for the Bomb doors. One servo is enough of a fight for the doors. A quick negative G push just prior to tossin the switch helps take the weight off the doors.
Opening the doors is easy. Keeping stuff in is sometimes hard. The first build on my bomb door with one servo could not carry much of a load. The doors would open and spill whatever was in there. I moved the horns on the doors farther from the hinges and put in two servos. It can hold a lot but the servos are holding the load so the current is higher until I drop the load. I think the ideal bomb drop system would allow the doors to be closed and a latch keeps them closed. to drop the load release the latch and let the doors free fall. Then have a servo that just pulls them closed.

This design could be accomplished by using strings on the doors to close them and a latch that the servo arm releases by rotating down also making the strings loose. This would allow the doors to work with one, pretty small servo but could carry a pretty heavy load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
DOG.......that's a good question......maybe because city slickers are so pathetic? Maybe because their mother/wife is my baby sister and has been spoiled since birth? Perhaps because they look at their uncle as a outdoor legend and therefore stroke my ego? Perhaps none of my seven children took me up on the offer to teach them all that I know.......yet? Perhaps I'm a glutton for punishment? Perhaps if I didn't go on these outings life would seem predictable and safe? Who knows.....but as you can tell I've given it some thought.
I have pondered if parents that were spoiled as children raise spoiled children.

i tried a couple of reversers. The one on the bomb doors works ok. Maybe I did not spend enough money on the others. I saw some chatter in them and they did not track so well with the non-reversed servo. I was lucky I guess and bought a 9C when I got back into the hobby so channels and programming were not a problem.

This Mr. Mulligan is building with flaps. They reversed the flap servos from one side to the other so a standard Y lets them operate on one channel. This is an Electrifly kit and so far, it has been really nice and the fit is really good.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Nov 24, 2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:35 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkimbro55 View Post
Anyone interesred in a like new twist 60 airframe
Hi Kimbro - I did not want to ignore you. The 60 is a nice plane. I had one for about 3 years. Good luck with the sale.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:43 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post

Opening the doors is easy. Keeping stuff in is sometimes hard. The first build on my bomb door with one servo could not carry much of a load. The doors would open and spill whatever was in there. I moved the horns on the doors farther from the hinges and put in two servos. It can hold a lot but the servos are holding the load so the current is higher until I drop the load. I think the ideal bomb drop system would allow the doors to be closed and a latch keeps them closed. to drop the load release the latch and let the doors free fall. Then have a servo that just pulls them closed.

This design could be accomplished by using strings on the doors to close them and a latch that the servo arm releases by rotating down also making the strings loose. This would allow the doors to work with one, pretty small servo but could carry a pretty heavy load.
I have 2 skinny doors on this one and I have not really given any thoughts to closing the doors, since each door is 8 inch X 1.25 inch, I was thinking letting them dangle... If you know this may be an issue, advice welcome.

I was basically going to put a loop in the center of both doors that a rod would just pull out of and let um swing. I have the dang manual here somewhere <it was a print version> and I am sure it has detailed instructions <grin> that will walk me through a simple install and configure.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:55 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
I have to wonder if they are getting more stable. I really like the keychain cams, noise reduction was great on them but the last couple I had just would not function well. There were the pauses that i am guessing were caused when the camera would write to the card.

I have been seeing the Surf version of the GoPro for 149 and a couple competing companies have now stepped up so maybe we have hit the point where they will become more cost affective.
I bought a couple that were crap! I think it is the #3 cameras I buy but they were getting scarce.

One of the problems that people have is not getting fast enough memory cards. That causes most, if no all, of the write problems. I use class 4 or better and they seem to be OK. I am always amazed at the video quality for the price. Mine are not the HD ones like they have now. Just a little more wide angle would be nice. I don't like the fisheye videos like many of the GoPro people use. The distortion bothers me and sometimes makes me a bit queasy. For cheap and easy, the keychains are hard to beat.

This is the best site for information before you buy a keychain camera.
http://www.chucklohr.com/808/index.shtml
Last edited by waynemia; Nov 24, 2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:06 AM
Joined Apr 2008
18,536 Posts
[QUOTE=snowman;23349169]

David22......I'm gonna make a trip out there to see you sometime! Be prepared!
Wookster........that's a beautiful little girl you have there and after seeing a picture of her mom......I know where she gets her good looks![/QUOTE

I am big eater so bring cooking skills whomever visit me
Anyone allowed to visit especially snowman and twistahics

Please snowman leave your cats at home as rather poision rats

I have room for twisted guests

Today is day off work and this weekend will test video set up for twist 40
With Waldo's two tank system some thing like over 23 oz
Stock tank and slightly larger with gravity feed mounted on top
That tested ago to work so now just reinstall of fpv gear

It will be fun to handle the twist again

If anyone come to vancouver stay for while at my home but don't bring cats
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:19 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I bought a couple that were crap! I think it is the #3 cameras I buy but they were getting scarce.

One of the problems that people have is not getting fast enough memory cards. That causes most, if no all, of the write problems. I use class 4 or better and they seem to be OK. I am always amazed at the video quality for the price. Mine are not the HD ones like they have now. Just a little more wide angle would be nice. I don't like the fisheye videos like many of the GoPro people use. The distortion bothers me and sometimes makes me a bit queasy. For cheap and easy, the keychains are hard to beat.

This is the best site for information before you buy a keychain camera.
http://www.chucklohr.com/808/index.shtml
I guess my Micro card could have caused it., I wish they have room for the full size card, its not that much more weight.

I strapped my Cisco / Flip HD cam to the tail of a 30cc Extra 330 SC in New Jersey last year, I think the quality of this camera was very good, even with the Youtube affect. Attaching a camera to a fully 3D plane with a fully capable 3D pilot can make any quality video a bit of a challenge to watch. I only wish I was good enough to catch other plane flying at the time in frame like he did several time.
Onboard (7 min 46 sec)
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:36 AM
Joined Apr 2008
18,536 Posts
Quote:
I guess my Micro card could have caused it., I wish they have room for the full size card, its not that much more weight.

I strapped my Cisco / Flip HD cam to the tail of a 30cc Extra 330 SC in New Jersey last year, I think the quality of this camera was very good, even with the Youtube affect. Attaching a camera to a fully 3D plane with a fully capable 3D pilot can make any quality video a bit of a challenge to watch. I only wish I was good enough to catch other plane flying at the time in frame like he did several time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0LKInQQOYY
Make sure you do ground testing to make sure cameras do not effect range

This might save crash

I learn cameras for aerial photography can and sometimes do effect range

See how far away on ground you walk away till no rc control
Then do same test with camera turned on is important test
And save money