SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:30 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,289 Posts
I see we are a camp divided......on the left we have the rc purists *the guys that know almost everything there is to know about rc and why stuff does what it does*......and on the RIGHT.......we have the guys that take a light-hearted, fly by the seat of your pants view of rc......who are actually surprised when it all works out and they can fly a spell...........Oh, and then there's David22........my Canadian friend.....that guy does it all.........FPV, rc cars, 3D.........Oh, yeah......he doesn't do beer!!! But we won't hold that against him........you don't have to be a raging alcoholic to be a T_ _ _ taholic! We all seem to get along......as long as we don't discuss, politics, religion, sexual orientation, servo preferences, rx preferences, tx preferences, mail order hobby shops, leccy vs. nitro, wives, children, chevy vs ford, etc!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:38 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,331 Posts
Ah yes... the wise snowy one, tips his hat back, leans back in the chair, smoking something, relays his relative reviews of the communities activities with out the need to judge <other the steak sauce> and brings us all back to perspective.....

I am guessing that didnt work. muhahahaha

I am off tomorrow and not going back until Tuesday... I will be flying something, there is no doubt.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:39 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
O snowy, I always enjoy your comments.

Guys lipo's charging are like a watched pot that never boils. ya see I got my new HD 1550 servo back in my little flat foamie and charging lipos for a quick flight before dark.
One's completed but the other is still taking a charge. O will I make it before dark.
Hopefully flight test report coming
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:42 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,331 Posts
Music Required

Mona Lisa by Kawehi (4 min 19 sec)
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:43 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,289 Posts
DOG.......you're smarter than I look!

Kerwin......give it up......the dark is almost upon you!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:49 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
O no snowy not quite.

Now at 4:43 I discovered a crack in my foamie's fuse. I put some foam tac on it an prayed.
At 5:13 I grabbed both my lipos, TX an Plane and headed to Beaver park. It's right behind my apt so the walk was less than 5 minutes.
The temp was 58 with the wind out of the north at 1mph. The sut had just set but light was still in the air.
I turned on the TX, installed the batt, an set the timer. I then checked all my surfaces. I shoved the throttle stick wide open, while giving my plane a toss. She shot to the ground but I managed to pull the stick back on the elev. She really wanted to dive on me and drop the right wing.
After 3 patterns I had trimmed in.
I mainly just flew on her at mid throttle, which is at about 3/4 stick. It looks like I really need to program that new ESC..
After 5 minutes I landed her just long enough to change batteries. But the next flight was a whole lot more aggressive. I did several hovers, an loops, though my waterfalls were hammpered by to thick of foam tac hinges.
I really need to do tape hinges.
It's either that or get them high priced dymond servo's. LOL.
All in all I got two five minute flights before dark.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:22 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
The big stick 60 build is close. We have some awesome throws on the tail. We beveled the stabs to get more than standard. There is so much up elevator we are going to have to notch it to clear the rudder. The digital 996 servos are really fast. The tail wheel is mounted and looks good. We added a ply plate to the bottom and covered in in chrome. Coming out nose heavy as normal. One problem is the bracket for the HSN is broken. I am trying JB Weld.

If we had beveled the wings for the ailerons and had a bigger power plant, this would be the Big Stik 60 I always wanted.

Took a break at lunch and maidened a little electric DR VII for a club member. It is a little under powered but we got it up for about 4-5 min and landed on the wheels - cross runway because of the wind. I call that success.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:39 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,331 Posts
K50.... another issue with the glue hinges are cooler weather, seems they stiffen up a bit as it gets chilly, and I think chilly is here to stay a bit.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:00 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
K50.... another issue with the glue hinges are cooler weather, seems they stiffen up a bit as it gets chilly, and I think chilly is here to stay a bit.
Oh Yea! And the surfaces break off!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:33 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Wayne, there have been a couple threads on the Aerobeezs already, with mixed reviews. From what I've read they are probably a decent value for the money.

Sorry about the canopy Nate, but when you get the new one you gotta do the inverted 45• CG check before you start chasing gremlins!

Chris!! Wow! Congrats to you and the missus! That's quite an accomplishment these days!! Enjoy yourselves, you both deserve it!

Snowman, I totally get what you are saying!!

Waldo, every year I think you are going to make those pies available for shipping to Twistaholics everywhere!! I'd buy one!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:43 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Wayne, there have been a couple threads on the Aerobeezs already, with mixed reviews. From what I've read they are probably a decent value for the money.
Must have been referring to the post by Ron.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:45 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I personally check my CG by flying level inverted and see how much down pressure I need. I like to move it back until it is nearly nil.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:47 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Nate have you thought about making a canopy out of styrofoam.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:31 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I personally check my CG by flying level inverted and see how much down pressure I need. I like to move it back until it is nearly nil.
I asked someone once why they do it is a 45 degree upline and the responce was "so there is time to recover"....

I agree with Wayne and Andrew Jesky, it needs to be done in level flight so the wing is fully loaded. Nil... Neutral... I like it!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:44 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,591 Posts

Je sius comprende mon amis

Beau coup de twist

Lol
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22