HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:16 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I doubt I will be competing or even attending one of those ETOC thingys. I guess that is why I keep using those HXT900 and HXT500 servos.

Way to go on the steel bolts Nate.
I would not ever see myself compete either but honestly, are the learning skills being held back since a person is trying to compensate for poor centering and grainy resolution???? Oh yeah! For a long time I thought who pays all that money for servos.... People that fly very well.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:17 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,519 Posts
I hear ya DOG I hear ya. I just got a new HD 1550 servo for my WMPF MX. The servos on it are really slow and keep it from it's max performance. But I'm too poor to pay 20 bucks plus apiece for servos for it.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:21 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
I hear ya DOG I hear ya. I just got a new HD 1550 servo for my WMPF MX. The servos on it are really slow and keep it from it's max performance. But I'm too poor to pay 20 bucks plus apiece for servos for it.
I had one of the Corona Digital servos from CopyKing on mine, that has got to be the BEST 9 gram servo I have ever bought and there is only 1 US provider of them I can find and they are sold out.

I think I have 6 or so of the HD's new in package. They dont get used
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:26 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Got huck?
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:31 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,519 Posts
DOG why don't you like them?
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:37 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,448 Posts
Glad to hear that everyone is doing well. I'm in Colorado Springs visiting my son and his wife for the Thanksgiving holiday. Hope everyone has a good weekend and upcoming holiday.
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:42 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
DOG why don't you like them?
Slow.... I guess I got rid of them... I still have 6 of the HD 1900 new in package, to me they are slower then the specs say.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:34 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
a blog I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Slow.... I guess I got rid of them... I still have 6 of the HD 1900 new in package, to me they are slower then the specs say.
I think I have some. I will test them and see what they do.

I typically use the HXT900 for 9g servo.

The servo discussion will probably go on forever. If someone can and wants to pay for the expensive brands, it is their prerogative.

I guess I am a middle of the road guy. There are people with unnatural skills demonstrating all kinds of products to imply that if you buy what they have, you can do what they do. Fact is, we probably can't. I think Daniel Holman is a good example of someone that has amazing skills. As much I would like to do what he does, I am not going to be able to do that. If he sold me his plane and transmitter, I still could not do it. If he gave me lessons flying my plane, whatever it was, my skills would improve but I still would not be able to do what he does.

The simulator arguably has perfect servos. I still can't fly like Daniel. So I just do what I do and keep practicing and just try to have fun. Part of having fun for me is variety. The Mothership was interesting because it was BIG. The firefly was interesting because it can fly slow do some neat tricks, and virtually unbreakable. The Kadet is a kitchen sink of putting interesting stuff on it.

I put some digital, metal gear servos on the LT-40. I wanted a trainer that would kick some butt. I needed some speed and torque. They did the job without costing as much as the power plant. Yes, they are way over-kill but I had some in a drawer.

That 50cc Extra has been sitting in the box for several months now. I want to get it done but I am not as excited about it as I was the Sky Cart.

Oh well, I guess we all consider the bang for the buck. There is something called a Utility Curve. It basically describes a person's willingness to buy a product as the price increases. My set point for RC is somewhere in the middle of the range most of the time. My wife's is 0. I get to a point where I can spend more money but my level of satisfaction with the result will not improve. I was also a SCUBA instructor. My equipment was the top of the line. The additional money improved my safety and the safety of those I supervised - worth the cost. I had a Honda Interstate motorcycle. The Harley equivalent was about $10,000 more. I decided that the swag would be nice but the extra money was not going to give me a better ride. I buy good golfballs but $50 a dozen is not realistic. I am not going to hit a box of Tiger Woods Nike balls like Tiger. They are not going to cut 10 strokes from my game.

I have a 2005 Corvette. I could have paid more an had a Z06. I would not have been able to do anything more with the Z06 than I do with the regular C6.

Its all good. We have fun.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Nov 18, 2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:06 PM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Great day

Finally got to fly! Flew the PA addiction (twice), T____60, morris profile!!, Yak 20cc, All great flights!! No crashes. Anyone know what size Perry Carb I need to get for my Super Tiger 90 engine? It was a great day, flew everything I had that was ready, only stopped cause my DX7 Battery was reading 10.3. Also brought home the 70 inch ZLin Z50 with the ASP 120 2 stroke, can't wait to get that ready to fly!!!
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:16 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,959 Posts
Nice Billd! I have no idea what carb you need but it's good to hear from you and get a flight report
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:36 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billd76 View Post
Finally got to fly! Flew the PA addiction (twice), T____60, morris profile!!, Yak 20cc, All great flights!! No crashes. Anyone know what size Perry Carb I need to get for my Super Tiger 90 engine? It was a great day, flew everything I had that was ready, only stopped cause my DX7 Battery was reading 10.3. Also brought home the 70 inch ZLin Z50 with the ASP 120 2 stroke, can't wait to get that ready to fly!!!
What you doing with my profile!

Super Tigre S .90 K Ring Standard 4500 Pumped 9500

http://www.perrypumps.com/prod01.htm
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:39 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I get to help on another Big Stick 60.

Conversion to a tail wheel, .61 engine
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:19 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I think I have some. I will test them and see what they do.

I typically use the HXT900 for 9g servo.

The servo discussion will probably go on forever. If someone can and wants to pay for the expensive brands, it is their prerogative.

I have a 2005 Corvette. I could have paid more an had a Z06. I would not have been able to do anything more with the Z06 than I do with the regular C6.
Its all good. We have fun.
I think the HXT900 may be a better servo then some of the Power HD ones. One of our club members coined the term "It's All Crap", and sometimes it can be. As far as the Z06.... there is one thing you can do in it... Brag... Not a lot of Value there.

You are right, the pros can do a lot with a cheap server, because they have the skills to fight with the short comings. Myself, no where near being a pro, but I want to get better. I am good enough to tell the difference between the products, but if you not doing anything requiring speed, high torque, and centering, middle of the road is good. Everyone should treat themselves to some nice stuff now and then.

Quote:
Bill, I have a brand new Perry Carb in the package, it has a 13.5 OD throat into the motor, Series 80 Pump Carb, I got it cheap and would be willing to pass that along if it helps you out.

Not my picture below, it was a facebook post, thought it was fun
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:57 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:

Super Tigre S .90 K Ring Standard 4500 Pumped 9500

http://www.perrypumps.com/prod01.htm
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:49 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,407 Posts
Well guys, its been a while since I posted here I have no new twist news, other than it saving a boy scout demo a while back. I have officially taken time off from work. Its the first time my wife and I have taken time off since our 18 month old daughter was born. We are headed to branson. While I cant fit a twist, the UMX beast, MCPx, Nano Cp, and UM cub will make the trip. Looks like winter is setting in. Hopefully the spring offers good flying and the opportunity to enjoy this twist a bit. Just glad to get a break. I think work was about to kill me.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster