HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:43 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,970 Posts
Lol Snowman

Wayne where the heck is that jet video I'm starting to go into the shakes here and is that an L-19?
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:45 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Lol Snowman

and is that an L-19?
Yessir... 98 inches worth

Maiden and 2nd to last flight
Flight of the Texas RC Bird Dog (0 min 59 sec)
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Last edited by DaOldGuy; Nov 12, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:37 AM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Zlin 120

Anyone ever fly a Zlin? Found a great deal ona Zlin 120 size. 70 inch wing span. yellow and black, maza zoom zoom theme. Also got balsa, basswood and spruce needed to rebuild the PT 19 wing. Starting that tonight.
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:29 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,970 Posts
DOG Sweet L-19 I think I have the same one, its going to need a 26cc which is why I have been procrastinating finishing it off, the wings and tail surfaces are complete the fuse that was done for it was for an entirely different birddog LOL a (touch smaller) this guy built a fuse for one and the wings to the bigger one I'll snap some pics of her later.
And DOG how does the wing attach to the fuse on that one Any pics?? The one I have has like a 2 piece bolt on wing with no wing tube, but yet it sits on top of the fuse so there is no way to get your fingers in there to bolt on the wing I thought the wings were suppose to be bolted to each other but thats impossible the way he has built it, so I'm trying to figure out what the heck this guy had in his mind for mounting it. I'm sure their is some type of block that needs to be mounted on top but the L-19 had the nice rear wing windows so I'm trying to finagle something here and keep the view from the wing into the rear. I'm thinking maybe he screwed up something and then decided to buiold the smaller one he had plans for and thats why their is a fuse for one birdog and the wings to another and 4 or 5 different attempts at making the right scale rudder LOL
I'll figure it out I'm sure, I might just glue the wings together as a one piece and then bolt it on that way.

Billd Not me, never even heard of one lol but have fun building the PT-19 wing I'm sure you'll fly through that once you get going on it for sure.

Well its raining here today haven't seen a good soaking like this in a month or so.
My friend Tek (who does pretty much all our videos)and his wife had their baby boy Sunday same birthday as my 2 year old grandson also but I think that just leaves me at the field until the end of the season as the other club members stopped showing up a month or so ago and Tek Myself and Ernie were the only 3 flying everyweekend for the last month, Ernies planes are crashed and as far as I know haven't been repaired yet which left it to just Tek and I the last 2 weeks ands now the baby has arrived so It doesn't look good for me getting a ho down vid in this year as this season is just about done for us at this point. I'll be flying until the snow flies anyway most likely by myself lol but I can't stop until the snow blocks my access and then I'll have to dig the skis out and fly from home occasionally but I'm stoked for building season anyway I need me a few good projects and I have them all right here right now My hopes and ambitions for this building season are
Ultimate Bipe, L-19, Speedy Bee, DC-3.
Last edited by Waldopepperaxe; Nov 13, 2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:29 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Lol Snowman

Wayne where the heck is that jet video I'm starting to go into the shakes here and is that an L-19?
It is still too pretty to fly. It is in my office collecting hangar rash. When it is bad enough, I will take it out.

The Mothership maiden is planned for tomorrow.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:40 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,970 Posts
Wayne That just saddens my heart LOL but good luck on the Mother maiden
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:11 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Waldo I hear ya buddy as I go though the same thing with our club.
Waldo you can get a DLE 20 from tower for 210 shipped. I have a membership to their supersavers club.
That DLE 20 will wop any 26 cc out there.
On the L-9 the struts are what give the wing support. So just bolt them on top of the fuse.
By all means get a hat cam and start videoing you flying from your house.

Once again work is getting in the way of airplane ing.
Well it's HI HO Hi Ho off to work I go
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:31 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Wayne That just saddens my heart LOL but good luck on the Mother maiden
I'm sorry.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:00 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
video of rc car going around fpv

3 and 4 cell set ups

https://vimeo.com/53290981
Awesome vid David!! I loved how you faked out the kid!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:17 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,287 Posts
Wayne, how can you not fly that jet? Do you just read the articles in Playboy too? Well, at least you're having a maiden flight on something! (Looking forward to it too, I might add.) Don't fret.....you're answering my questions about yourself all right!

Waldo, that's one ambitious building agenda you have planned!!!! But I suppose with all the money you're saving by having quit smoking you can easily purchase the necessary parts/engines to do them justice now! You did quit smoking didn't you? Of course you did.......silly of me to even question you on the subject. I was going through the pictures I took while at your punji garden (read flying field) this summer and couldn't help smiling to myself.....I had a great time. I hope your house is showing well and that you find a buyer soon.......

DOG......that L-19 of yours looks awesome!! Will you have it up and flying soon....or don't you fly in the winter?

PLow.......how's that T_ _ _t coming along?

Kerwin,,,,,,,I've all but given up on that man.......seems that work just keeps getting in the way of him flying! Oh well, someone gots to make the doughnuts! Hang in there brother.....you may get to fly again someday!

Two days until the firearm deer opener! There's 4-7 inches of snow on the ground and it's supposed to warm up enough this week to turn it into a noisy crust that will make it all but impossible to still hunt in the swamp...Damn! Course the damn bait-pile shooters will be busy "hunting" their "farmed" bucks as they watch from heated blinds as some unsuspecting deer, that's been munching on the bounty of a state-of-the-art food plot for the last so many months, makes enough noise to draw the attention of the hungover shooter within and then when they chase it into the depths of my swamp....they'll ruin my hunt as they follow the blood trail from the poorly shot spike horn, that they will later brag about having culled from the herd.....that is if they ever find it.......cause these idiots can't follow a blood trail on white snow! I call these bait pile bandits..."Salad Shooters".........cause if they shoot a buck.....it's having done so from over a salad! They are not hunters and never will be! Ok, I'm done ranting.......for now.....
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:00 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Wayne, how can you not fly that jet? Do you just read the articles in Playboy too? Well, at least you're having a maiden flight on something! (Looking forward to it too, I might add.) Don't fret.....you're answering my questions about yourself all right!
I have not seen a Playboy, or any of the others, in 30 years.

I am waiting for the RIGHT day. I don't want to get it damaged on the first outing you know. I think I will go to a hard-surfaced field with another club member for the first flight.

I plan to fly the wing.... (Oops, I gotta get the cameras ready).
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:14 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,072 Posts
Good for you Wayne
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:36 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
O no wayne tell me thirty years ago you wern't looking at nasty pictures. You wern't one of them boys that used a flashlight under the covers looking at nasty magzines were you.

Well I'm home now. Just in time for lunch and then I'll have to see what the day brings.
Snowy it's illegal to bait deer here in mo, though if we could I'd be a waffle shooter
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:37 PM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
heres a pic

I think the one I'm at is from Nitro models. RTF except servos. 120 2 stroke engine installed.
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:01 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Awesome vid David!! I loved how you faked out the kid!!
LOL I know I was laughing my butt off during that part all I could think of was man that kid spells trouble LOL he's going to pick me up and carry away his prize that was a great vid for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Wayne, how can you not fly that jet? Do you just read the articles in Playboy too?
Waldo, that's one ambitious building agenda you have planned!!!!
You did quit smoking didn't you?
I was going through the pictures I took while at your punji garden (read flying field) this summer and couldn't help smiling to myself.....I had a great time. I hope your house is showing well and that you find a buyer soon.......

Two days until the firearm deer opener! these idiots can't follow a blood trail on white snow! I call these bait pile bandits..."Salad ShootersOk, I'm done ranting.......for now.....

No I haven't started my Non smoking adventure yet
It was such a pleasure having you out here, I had a fantastic time hanging with you, I wish I was more prepared for your visit so I could have had some plans in action to bring you around to a few other places, and a few more planes for you to fly and got my crew motivated to get some planes ready so you could have met a few of them also, I would have loved to see you flying the 1/4 scale tripe around as I'm sure you would have loved flying that thing as it flys like a trainer plane, so as soon as you took off you would have been like Holy bazonkas this thing flys so easily, and I even went out and bought all the wood to build a Tweplica for your arrival as soon as I heard you were definitely coming by as I really wanted you to try the Twipe/Bwipe out too, but I couldn't get down in the basement for an evening to get it done I had a great time regardless and it was fantastic just sitting around shooting the breeze with you anyway. and we did get some flying in and even a WOS vid or 2 from our adventure

Yes I have a large building schedule in front of me as I want to make up for 3 years of not really building a big full kit, besides I'm down to about 12 flyable planes I need to get above 15 this year so I can get closer to some other Kits I've been wanting to get into Like an FA-18 or F-16 Hint hint wayne LOL I'm even thinking along the lines of a Harrier Jet just for a different type challenge.

Rant away and I'm sure you will have a great armed hunting season lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I have not seen a Playboy, or any of the others, in 30 years.

I am waiting for the RIGHT day.

I plan to fly the wing.... (Oops, I gotta get the cameras ready).
What the heck is a playboy lol

The right day is the second you turn off the covering iron place your last decal on the bird and say Its done as you stand there and oggle and admire your new ship. make sure box and bird are charged and get it to the field ASAP LOL I try and make sure I'm not going to finish a bird until a Friday night because it kills me to stare at it all week knowing it can be in the sky. LOL

Get those cameras ready LOL