SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 07, 2012, 08:11 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Wayne I think it would be better if texas would just succeed. Then I'd become a texan
I would vote for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Nope
sad
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 08:37 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckskin View Post
Has anyone been flying in the last few days?
Yeah, but not with aircraft of any sort......
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Nov 07, 2012, 08:44 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,136 Posts
I have been flying my 48 edge. I did 4 packs yesterday and 3 packs today. Was lots and lots of fun
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:48 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,399 Posts
Suddenly according to ALL of the Mit Folks on Face book, the world has affectively ended and Fiscal armageddon is coming in 2013.

I got my new Tech Aero Designs IBEC <ignition battery eliminator circuit today.

The Transmitter on the Smart Fly Opti Cut has freaked out. it cost the same to replace the transmitter part as buy the entire IBEC and this negates the need for a seperate ignition battery, and the igintion power can be 5.0, 5.3, or 6.6.

I find this seems to be a very positive improvement.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Last edited by DaOldGuy; Nov 07, 2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:09 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I dont like any politician.... But I like Ray Stevens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFaCytKXOSQ
I like ol Ray too. Thanks for the vid as I haven't seen that one yet.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:34 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
We had a calm day yesterday. Several made it to the field.

I flew the Candy Corn a bunch, Pizza Box, Flip Flop, and Easy Cub. I had a 30 min flight on the Easy Cub! It was acting like a glider.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:58 AM
nothing
Joined Jan 2011
927 Posts
Wayne could you please attach a photo of your planes (Candy Corn, Pizza Box, and the Flip Flop) I dont know what those are!!!!
Kerwin49 is online now Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:49 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerwin49 View Post
Wayne could you please attach a photo of your planes (Candy Corn, Pizza Box, and the Flip Flop) I dont know what those are!!!!
ditto
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:36 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
O boys , boys, boys flight report.
Now I have a non flying friend that has been talking about dueling with cheap heli's
Well he owed me on a bet on the president election for a whole dolar seventy five. I won.
So I went yesterday to collect
Took syma sg 107, and my blade MCX, and my brought my other SG 107.
Now I wanted to give him a fair advantage.
So I attempted training him on one of the SC 107's.
I lifted the SG 107 off and trimed her hover.
Thn let him fly her.
When he spun up the heli lifted but he left her in ground effect too long and he crashed her.
No damage
Next try, she spun up an rose to about 4 ft, hover for a 1/2 second.
Goes for forward flight and what I believe is he cross couples the stick and is heading to the right. He then over corrects spinning the heli in circle to the left, finely stopping cockeye facing him.
Once again he trys forward flight . The control reversal of the heli coming torwards him confused him, resulting a collision with the wall.
This went on for maybe 5 trys when finally the poor little heli is completely ustable in operation.
I brought out the next SG 107 and I hovered her for a 1/2 minute and then flew her around the room. I then holding the TX and controling the throttle let him turn her right then left. go forward. stop. turn around. an go forward.
I didn't let him have the TX and had to take it away a couple of times.
My big mistake was I let him fly my blade MCX out side.
The 1st try of him flying my MCX him ended up with the heli getting over the roof and the air currents carrying her away. He chopped throttle and she came tumbling down the steep roof.
No damage so he tried again with much more success.
But the out door wind currents kept taking her down wind.
After 3 short flights she broke the flybar holder.
Of course now my friend knows there is no way in H#LL he could beat me in a game of combat heli's.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:42 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,016 Posts
Quote:
wow really How old are you guys like 3 or something? Been out in the world much? heres some pics for you

Howdy all
Well its a fine day here pulled a 22 hour day on Tuesday man that NYcity is hurtin I think it might be worse in NJ the gas lines are terrible those poor folks it only took me 2.5 hours to get to the city from Albany and another 3 something hours just to get to my first stop, I left albany at around 2:00pm and finally arrived home at 5am long day and too boot they gave me a 53 foot trailor and a tractor with a sleeper on it just to add an additional 10 feet to the turning radius which was not fun in the crouded city at all I was just thankful I didn't add to the casualty total.

Snowman I hope you have reached the -50lb mark

And if we get nor'easters like the one we got last night I'll take that all year long, we had maybe a slight dusting of salt on the road as they were preparing to get hit be we got Nuttin
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:45 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,016 Posts
LOL Kerwin Excellent report and sounds like a fun time to me for sure
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:31 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
wow really How old are you guys like 3 or something? Been out in the world much? heres some pics for you

Howdy all
Well its a fine day here pulled a 22 hour day on Tuesday man that NYcity is hurtin I think it might be worse in NJ the gas lines are terrible those poor folks it only took me 2.5 hours to get to the city from Albany and another 3 something hours just to get to my first stop, I left albany at around 2:00pm and finally arrived home at 5am long day and too boot they gave me a 53 foot trailor and a tractor with a sleeper on it just to add an additional 10 feet to the turning radius which was not fun in the crouded city at all I was just thankful I didn't add to the casualty total.

Snowman I hope you have reached the -50lb mark

And if we get nor'easters like the one we got last night I'll take that all year long, we had maybe a slight dusting of salt on the road as they were preparing to get hit be we got Nuttin
Kerwin, I guessed we asked for that one
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:07 PM
nothing
Joined Jan 2011
927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
Kerwin, I guessed we asked for that one
yep we did!

Hey Kerwin50, is that Bubs you are flying with??????
Kerwin49 is online now Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Last edited by Kerwin49; Nov 08, 2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:47 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,366 Posts
I was so excited to be able to finally go flying late this afternoon, that I completely forgot that it was parent/teachers conferences this afternoon as well, until my wife pulled up just as I was closing the freshly filled trunk and reminded me of that fact. Now many hours later and in utter darkness I have yet to unload said trunk of once again neglected aircraft! The high point of this story? I got to listen to my girls' teachers tell me how well they're both doing! Two more years of high school and my baby is off to college!!!!! Man do I feel old!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:01 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
That's funny.

This is the Pizza Box (the one with wheels) and the Flip Flop.

Fancy Foam's Pizza Box and Flip Flop (3 min 46 sec)

The Candy Corn is a Fire Fly painted like a Candy Corn. Anyway, it is one of these painted white on the nose, orange body, and yellow on the elevons. The verticle fin is also white/orange/yellow.

Fire Fly - Kit by Fancy Foam (6 min 34 sec)