SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:53 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,192 Posts
Wayne, I guess you can't fault a guy for a typo when he's got a juicy, sweet, pomegranate to devour! I bet it was one of those big ones too......where each kernel plump with juice! Oh....I can't wait till they show up here! And they're so good for ya too!!!!

Btw.......I'm approaching the 50 lb fat-loss mark.....maybe by the end of the week if I stay physically active.......but definitely by the following week.......as that's the firearm deer opener.....and I'll be hunting the thickest of cedar swamps and dragging the portliest deer from the deep, dark recesses of forgotten tracts of evergreen.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:53 PM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,536 Posts
I vote for Wayne
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:33 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
I vote for Wayne
You are Canadian, you can't vote.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:36 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I am wondering why there isn't more effort to get rid of the electoral college. Is it just because they don't want to loose the opportunity for influence brokering? When is a vote not a vote? When it is a US presidential election.

These pomegranates are bigger than a softball and really good.

I looked at some youtube vids on how to get the seeds out. We just cut them in half, like an orange, and dig in. Yea, they are messy and the juice stains stuff. But I can't focus on that when eating them. Watermelon is messy. Well it is the way we eat them. My parents made us go outside, remove shirts/shoes, and then turned the water hose on us before we could come in when finished. I think they would have preferred we ate it naked but that was a little much.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:53 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I am wondering why there isn't more effort to get rid of the electoral college. Is it just because they don't want to loose the opportunity for influence brokering? When is a vote not a vote? When it is a US presidential election.
You know.... I love how they just want people to VOTE. They dont care if you have a clue... just vote.

Your role, by voting, is to legitimize this corruption.
Democracy encourages short-termism. Instead of our leaders planning for a sustainable future they pander to a selfish and fickle electorate who only want jam today and who will punish any politician at the polls who does not give it to them. As a consequence the farsighted, fairminded and responsible leadership that the world needs in the 21st century, is completely absent, made obselete by an evolutionary process which rewards the shortsighted, corrupt, ambitious, greedy, and vain.
Democracy has become a religion and anyone who criticizes it is labeled a heretic.
How many times have you heard the mantra that ‘if you don’t vote, you can’t complain’? Whereas, actually, the opposite is true, ‘if you do vote, you can’t complain.’ It is no coincidence that the emergence of the philosophical concept of the ‘Social Contract’ runs parallel to democratic development in the modern era.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:04 PM
Joined Apr 2008
18,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
You are Canadian, you can't vote.

If enough Canadians yelled I vote for this guy all at once it might influence some guys in the USA

Wayne what is your opinion or judgement regarding fpv

Not airspace question but rather only video tx usage
Say 800 mw at 1280, flying out 3 km around with typical non certifying video tx, no stickers

And only basic ham licence

Is someone allowed to fly a twist 3 km away with a no stamped video tx and only basic licence

Is there loop hole or some regulation saying it is legal to use mobile video tx with basic licence in usa

Sorry for twisted question

But I ask others like you expert ham and they say its illegal

What's your take on this
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:28 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
If enough Canadians yelled I vote for this guy all at once it might influence some guys in the USA

Say 800 mw at 1280, flying out 3 km around with typical non certifying video tx, no stickers

Is someone allowed to fly a twist 3 km away with a no stamped video tx and only basic licence

Is there loop hole or some regulation saying it is legal to use mobile video tx with basic licence in usa

What's your take on this
In the US, all amateur radio transmissions are required to be identified. I have not read the regs in a while but it used to be at the beginning, ending, and intervals during the communications. In the case of amater video, the practice was to have the call sign in the video in some way, often just having a call sign plate in the camera view. So, if you are transmitting on the ham bands, in the US anyway, you are required to identify your signal and not doing so is a violation of FCC regulations and could get your license revoked.

As for FPV, an FAA ruling earlier this year specifies that FPV flight for hobbyist must remain within the VLOS. This means, generally, long-range FPV flights would also be "illegal" when they exceed the visual line of sight limitation.

I don't know what the priviledges are for a Canadian HAM license. You should ensure that your license authorizes you to transmit on the frequencies and with the mode you are using. FPV would be fast scan TV for us. I don't know that a Novice would have privileges but a Technician might. I am an Extra class so I don't pay much attention to the bands and priviledges for those licenses.

How is that?
Last edited by waynemia; Nov 06, 2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:36 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Section 4-a of AMA document 550 and 560 states that one of the requirements in Federal Law (Public Law 112-95 Sec 336 (c) (2) February 14, 2012) for model aircraft to be excluded from FAA regulations is that model aircraft be flown within VLOS of the operator.
The AMA has chosen the exclusionary path to protect and advocate for the interest of its members rather than be subject to potentially onerous governmental regulations.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:42 PM
Joined Apr 2008
18,536 Posts
You smart man Wayne
Thanks

Edit can you give info about video tx we use that have no stickers or not passed tests

I want to install typical video tx on my twist but it has no stickers on it

Does it make any difference if no stickers FCC or whatever sticker
On video tx

Are we required to only used approved video tx on the twist as example

Or are ones ordered from china ok

Thanks for any info
Last edited by David22; Nov 06, 2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:21 PM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,248 Posts
Quote:

What's your take on this
If I remember correctly 1280 isn't legal in Canada. MAAC has LOS as a rule for FPV as well as you must have a spotter. Otherwise your flying on your own.
davecrash is offline Find More Posts by davecrash
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:32 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
O no bad news guys
Wayne didn't win
And whats more the popular vote didn't count either.
Remeber it's electorial vote
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:39 AM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
Gonna be called the USSA before long.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:01 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
Gonna be called the USSA before long.
I dont like any politician.... But I like Ray Stevens

Ray Stevens - Obama Nation (3 min 19 sec)
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:55 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
You smart man Wayne
Thanks

Edit can you give info about video tx we use that have no stickers or not passed tests

I want to install typical video tx on my twist but it has no stickers on it

Does it make any difference if no stickers FCC or whatever sticker
On video tx

Are we required to only used approved video tx on the twist as example

Or are ones ordered from china ok

Thanks for any info
Canadian laws are different so I am not sure what is OK there.

As an amateur in the US, the licensed operator is responsible for ensuring that the transmitter is on frequency, complying with the requirements of the operating mode, and ensuring that you are not causing interference to others. Since I can build it from scratch if I want, I would not be concerned with an FCC compliance certification.

It is illegal to manufacture for sale some devices without UL, CE, or FCC certifications. These are consumer protection laws. A TV can cause harmful interference to other services, for example, and the FCC approval is supposed to indicate that it has been tested and is within acceptable limits.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:56 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
This morning, I am wondering how hard it is to immigrate to Canada.