HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:46 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,500 Posts
Wayne I think that was DOG that asked how she would fit in a car.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:02 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Wayne I think that was DOG that asked how she would fit in a car.
Oops! Same answer though.

Maybe you can Go Plowboy and strap it to the roof.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:56 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,500 Posts
yeah that was kool seeing alan strap that plane on his roof.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:04 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
@Ron - I think 60oz/in should be OK. Wings pivot pretty easily and I don't think this is going to exceed a need for 60oz. A lot of guys, Waldo for example, fly the TT40 with standard torque servos. I think these elevons are smaller in surface area than the ones on my 48" wing which are 9G. I will watch the performance and can pump up the servos if necessary. I am trying to keep this light as well.
Yeah, you have captured the concerns I have. The Elevon set ups take some extra heat if you will, in and all up stick and trying to turn move, the servo is taken direction from 2 inputs, if one doesnt peg the travel, adding the other will and you can over heat as you mentioned.

How you are going to fly it will determine if 60 is enough. You may never stress it out.

Most of the time standard servos "seem" to be enough, but people dont tend to be able to tell if they are stalling. 2 things happen. The amps go too high on the BEC and you have a lock out. The servo gets hot from the stall and shortens its life. Only way to tell is to set up an eagle tree in line with the servos to track the peaks,

I seen Arron test a plane doing a full throttle horizonal role held. Then as he backed off the throttle the roll rate increased. The reason is at full throttle the alierons servos were stalled, were not reaching full throw.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:49 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
I will fly it like I stole it and see if there are any burn holes in the sides like that other guy.

I have an eagle tree and I can put a wattsup in the bec line. That will let me see how the servos are doing. It is hard to see anything on the main battery line. I may hook up the eagle tree for the heck of it. It has not been on anything yet.

I can also put a keychain cam on the plane to watch the elevon. That might be interesting too.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:58 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I will fly it like I stole it and see if there are any burn holes in the sides like that other guy.

I have an eagle tree and I can put a wattsup in the bec line. That will let me see how the servos are doing. It is hard to see anything on the main battery line. I may hook up the eagle tree for the heck of it. It has not been on anything yet.

I can also put a keychain cam on the plane to watch the elevon. That might be interesting too.
That is always great fun with the cam. Did you know black EPP is heavier then white? It seems a bit more durable too.that thing is going to be cool. Launching maybe be a handful.... No pun intended.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:06 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
That is always great fun with the cam. Did you know black EPP is heavier then white? It seems a bit more durable too.that thing is going to be cool. Launching maybe be a handful.... No pun intended.
Maybe point it straight up and go full throttle.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:04 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,766 Posts
Wayne nice vid and the mothership is looking awesome loved the green and white on the bottom as well as the orange top, can't wait to see the maiden.

So what's going on with the hodown I see no entries, are there no flying T_ _ _ ts to fly from this group anymore lol I think you all need to get over to the Tweplica thread and start building lol

Well I might try to hodown tomorrow everything is on charge including the T40 I have about 1/8 + in fuel left, 3 planes to fly and its going to be in the low 30's with about 20 mph winds but if cr1's vid with his son flying is the only entry I'm gonna lose lol but at least will place 2nd this hodown is about as reliable as my formation team, 2 years ago we had 4 p-51 miss america schemes and the promise of a great formation team, not only has the mustangs been destroyed but none of the formation members even came out this season I say wow what happened? And now the big hodown has 1 entry and nobody even saying there going to get an entry in so I say COME ON BOYS let's get it done and this could be our last weekend at the field with a noreaster possibly coming in on wednesday
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:09 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
I'm waiting for parts for my 60. Hopefully I'll have an entry in the next couple of weeks.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:44 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
Mine's broke in half...
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:11 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
I'm waiting on servos.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:05 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Great excuses! Mine is I don't have a Twist.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:47 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,063 Posts
Mine broke in half twice while I owner it, once before I got it and I gave it to Gino.<in a cheezy Aerosmith voice> "I got no twist satisfaction!" I know, wrong group, I just like it better in this tone.

Watched the Sandy Relief live concert last night. I was blown away at the distruction they had shown. The one town lost 59 people during 911, then what, a month later a airliner went nose first into that same town killing many people. Now this town completely damaged and flooded by sandy, as the ran stopped everything caught fire and burned to the ground......

I am with my wife on this one, dont rebuild the houses, put a prison there or something... that is insaine this area has had this much bad happen.

So... if you home or buisness is hit by a huricane and you dont have coverage <we were forced to buy Huricane coverage where we live> and your house burns down after..... How is that sorted out?
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:58 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,063 Posts
Oh... and now the weather people are thinking in 4 days or so... A fricken Nor-Easter is going to drop by the same area?
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:36 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Oh... and now the weather people are thinking in 4 days or so... A fricken Nor-Easter is going to drop by the same area?
What?! No
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974